OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'm thinking Noah's deal is gonna be less money this year (maybe $12M-$14M), but he'll get more next season. Get him for less to help the remaining cap, give him a little more when the cap rises again. But I have no clue.

If the Knicks can lock up Noah + Courtney Lee to start and Jamal as 6th man with a couple mil left over for a backup PG and maybe an impulse signing or 2 to fill out the bench, I would be very content with that.

The more I think about it the more I am warming up to the idea of Courtney Lee. We just need a low ego guy at the 2 who will play defense and hit an open shot occasionally. Everyone talks about overpaying these 3 and D guys but they come out of nowhere. It shouldnt be that hard to find one of our own without having to splurge on Kent Bazemore or some ****. 

I mean just look at the Hawks. They had Carroll come out of nowhere last year and he got paid. Did the same **** with Bazemore this year now hes about to get paid. **** I bet you itll be Hardaway Jr. who emerges for them next year. Sometimes its all about trusting the system. Courtney Lee is a good guy to have at the 2 next to Rose and if we can grab the best 6th man/instant offense in the game to replace him, that would make it all the better. Esp since Crawford can play some back up PG if we need him to. His defense is obviously **** though.

Names like Waiters and Austin Rivers? Stop with that. Sometimes yall will get too hung up on the names and not as much on who brings what we need to the table. The idea of a Rose/Waiters backcourt makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

I also like that we are at least speaking to Batum. Wouldnt mind speaking to Marvin Williams as well. He had a great year as a stretch 4 and is the kind of player I had in mind when thinking about who would be good to round out a Melo/Porzingis frontcourt without signing a center. I doubt Charlotte can hold on to both of them, although signing Noah to big money would probably eliminate the chance we sign either Batum or Williams. Also Terrence Jones might be able to be had for cheap. Wouldnt mind looking in to him. He had a down year but is extremely young and versatile. If he had played like he did last year this year, he would be looking at $15+ mil a year easy. He could play all over the floor.

Yea, I thought he was. We'll probably end up with exactly who's rumored. Noah + Turner & Crawford.
Cant have Turner in the same backcourt as Rose, need shooting and D. Absolutely not Turner. Not another ball dominator. Just sign Courtney Lee at the 2.

I was listening to this guy on Sirius who was straight slandering Noah. Said the Knicks will regret signing him because he doesn't fit the system and he's breaking down :smh:
I bet he gives us a hometown discount at least for this season

I completely missed that Batum is actually speaking to other teams now including us. [emoji]128064[/emoji]

I'm not sure what that says about Noah then.

Noah at 12 mill per would be a godsend
I'm not 100% I'm this .. But I wouldn't be suprise if Noah signs with the Knicks for the low low (10m or so). Dude Is good buddy with Rose was recruiting the hell out of Melo and is from the city. Plus dude wants to win and beat LBJ. He probably signs for the low low I'm order to still be able to sing KD ....

View media item 2087293

Just a few more hours...
positives vibes ... I'm with you

:rofl: @ the salt in the Laker thread. Upset cause they ain't getting any meetings scheduled by top tier FA's. Talk about entitlement. They getting excited about HB and Biyombo

Last edited:
ORLANDO, Fla. — Joakim Noah will meet Friday afternoon with his hometown team in New York, and barring unforeseen circumstances, he is likely to fulfill his childhood dream of playing for the Knicks.

Terms of a prospective deal aren’t exact, but industry insiders estimate it will start at in excess of $16 million per year for three years — with the third year partially guaranteed.

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom