Official:1st Round NBA 2008 Playoffs: Game 1 Lakers vs. Nuggets 4/20 12:00 PM PST Game On ABC HD

Lakers in 5.
Although I'm hoping for a sweep.

Where's 3pleDouble at? Did he post yet? I hope that "3pleDouble appreciation post" didn't scare him away.

I said it against the Warriors and I'll say again for this series..

JR SMITH IS THE XFACTOR

AI and Melo getting there is a given but when the Nuggets have Jr smith going...they're even mre of a beast on O...and JR wasn't playing ne whereclose to way he's playing now back when the Lakers played the Nuggets..

We can def win both games at home as good as we are at home...The key will be stealing game 1 or 2 on the road...

My prediction......

Nuggets in 6

ohwell.gif

I never predict I think that is a bad thing to do. I will say that I don't see anyone in the West that can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. The teamsdon't match up well against the Lakers but the Lakers can match well with all the teams in it. Remember Kobe is the leader of this team he will make surehis boys are ready to play! The Lakers will come out playing and not messing around! Now I will say that it won't be easy for the Lakers to beat any teamin the west EVERYONE is good! I just can't wait for these matchups, this is what the NBA has been missing!

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

JR SMITH IS THE XFACTOR

AI and Melo getting there is a given but when the Nuggets have Jr smith going...they're even mre of a beast on O...and JR wasn't playing ne where close to way he's playing now back when the Lakers played the Nuggets..

We can def win both games at home as good as we are at home...The key will be stealing game 1 or 2 on the road...

My prediction......

Nuggets in 6

ohwell.gif

Denver hasn't played the Lakers got Gasol, and we still blew em out except for one game... Gasol>JR

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

well...i was gonna make my comeback to NT after a long leave of absence with an official series/game post for the playoffs...i was waiting for the nuggets to finish their games but i guess that doesn't matter...
eyes.gif
anywhoo...what it do laker fans?

Welcome back LTB! Last time I remember seeing you in game posts was like the January home game against the Bucks because you said you went to that game; Iwent also

Anyhow, Lakers should be able to take this series in 5 because of home court; I do not see them winning a possible Game 6 in Denver, and I certainly do notwant to see a Game 7. Take the first two home games, split the two road games, and win Game 5. The Lakers SHOULD be able to score easily, but the Nuggets haveinside presences in Camby and Martin, and they definitely have a potent scoring attack.

Let's Go Lakers
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Also, I hope Game 1 is at night, because I might not be able to watch the entire game if it is at 12:30. The NBA have not released a playoff scheduleyet.

Edit: I just realized this is post #81, a tribute to Kobe's scoring night
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

JR SMITH IS THE XFACTOR

AI and Melo getting there is a given but when the Nuggets have Jr smith going...they're even mre of a beast on O...and JR wasn't playing ne where close to way he's playing now back when the Lakers played the Nuggets..

My prediction......

Nuggets in 6

ohwell.gif

Denver hasn't played the Lakers got Gasol, and we still blew em out except for one game... Gasol>JR
Well yea obviously i dont think anyone would argue that Gasol is better than JR ...but the way AI and Melo go to the line...Gasol could easily get infoul trouble...and the two games the nuggets got blow out were on the road and they're horrible on the road...and they might very well get beat by doubledigits the first two games of this series...but when u got AI and Melo...they could both carry the Nuggets and steal a game on the road...

I wonder if Karl is going to try Kenyon on Kobe at all...I would think he would since he's den best perimeter defender...

"Everybody knows how big that stage is," Iverson said. "I relish the moment. This is what I play basketball for. This is why I love it so much. The competitive part of me is going to definitely come out. It would have come out regardless who we played or who we played against, but definitely under the bright lights, those are the moments I cherish."

Just like his matchup with Kobe Bryant.

"Let's go. This is what it's all about for me. You can't draw it up any better," Iverson said. "People say he's the best basketball player on the planet, so I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge. Especially with me believing that about myself, so let's go.

"This is what it's about. If you're scared, get a dog."

this will be a good series, but L.A in 6
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i think its gonna be a tough matchup for us...
ohwell.gif
...GO LAKERS!...12:30dang im with LALAKERFAN were both gonna be at church at that time

I wonder if Nene will have an impact since he didn't play during the season series...however I feel that Turiaf could out hustle him.
wink.gif

LET'S

GO

LAY

KUURZ !!!
happy.gif

EDIT: will they be wearing "sunday whites."
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

"Everybody knows how big that stage is," Iverson said. "I relish the moment. This is what I play basketball for. This is why I love it so much. The competitive part of me is going to definitely come out. It would have come out regardless who we played or who we played against, but definitely under the bright lights, those are the moments I cherish."

Just like his matchup with Kobe Bryant.

"Let's go. This is what it's all about for me. You can't draw it up any better," Iverson said. "People say he's the best basketball player on the planet, so I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge. Especially with me believing that about myself, so let's go.

"This is what it's about. If you're scared, get a dog."

this will be a good series, but L.A in 6
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is the type of attitude that makes me think the nuggets will never get ANYWHERE with iverson. I mean who says crap like that ? Who cares aboutwhos the best player. Its about your team you idiot! This is the attitude iverson had when he faced the spurs and is exactly why the nuggets lost to them....Iverson's big head thinking hes the man still.... Little dude lead your team and pass the rock....you aint number 1 no more....

With that said, this will be NO cake walk for the lakers who on any given night can be one of the worst defensive teams in the league... No Bynum & Ariza =Lakers in 7. I would not be surprised if the nuggets wn this series....

Ska, it's all Best Of 7 now
smile.gif

It's confirmed it's 2h-2-1h-1-1h
Lakers win both home, one away, and game 5 at home. I will also predict
Game1: Lakers by 9
Game2: Lakers by 12
Game3: Lakers by 4
Game4: Nuggets by 7
Game5: Lakers by 10

smile.gif

I wonder if Karl is going to try Kenyon on Kobe at all...I would think he would since he's den best perimeter defender...

You called it, you got it
Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin should get some time on Bryant and vows to make it "as tough as possible for him."

Martin is a confident man.

"It takes 16 wins to win the championship, and that's what we're aiming for," Martin said.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Interested to see how this plays outsince Kmart is the nuggets best defender. This season I've seen Kmart do a decent job guarding Darren Williams and Josh Howard.
[/font]

--The series won't go 7 games. Lakers got this in 5 games. 6 TOPS.
--PEople hypin up JR Smith...dude is good and all but KB and the Lakers are the hottest team in the West.
--Off topic but like I said in the Laker SeaSON Thread: Spurs or Suns wont see the 2nd round = Appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom