Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Nah man, bench Biedrins, you still get lots of blocks from Pau, Dwight, and Granger/Artest/Iggy usually chip in at least one each.

Sheed will give you some three's, and points as well as some rebounds, and blocks.

Will do
wink.gif

I'm new at this fantasy league stuff. Heres my roster. I'm getting killed with boards. Ben Wallace and Chris Wilcox are on the trading block. Any tradesuggestions?

PG Steve Nash (Pho - PG)
SG Paul Pierce (Bos - SG,SF)
G Devin Harris (Dal - PG)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (Dal - SG,SF)
PF Antonio McDyess (Det - PF)
F Shane Battier (Hou - SF)
C Troy Murphy (Ind - PF,C)
C Alonzo Mourning (Mia - C)
Util Caron Butler (Was - SF)
Util Ron Artest (Sac - SF)
Util Michael Finley (SA - SG,SF)
BN Cuttino Mobley (LAC - SG)
BN Corey Maggette (LAC - SG,SF)

No wonder, your centers are attrocious. I'd trade two of these guys for good rebounders; Ron Artest/Corey Maggette/Pierce. Mourning is on most waivers. BenWallace is too inconsistant, and Wilcox is nice.

Should i pick up Rasheed Wallace or Lamar Odom?
I swear, what leagues are ya'll playing in that these types of guys are just sitting on the FA list?
laugh.gif

Anyhow, I take Rasheed. He'll give you 1 steal, 1 block, 1 three per game (one of the few 1-1-1 club members in fantasy), plust about 15pts and 7rebs onpretty good percentages. And to boot, he has eligibility at center, the toughest position to find quality. So I take Rasheed there.

Need opinions, Nate Robinson or Daequan Cook? Nate is one of those guys who kills me with his incosistancy, and as of late has put up low numbers. Daequan Cookis looking good over the past few games... but with Riley's experimental line-ups and rotations, should I take the risk on him or keep Robinson?

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

I swear, what leagues are ya'll playing in that these types of guys are just sitting on the FA list?
laugh.gif

Anyhow, I take Rasheed. He'll give you 1 steal, 1 block, 1 three per game (one of the few 1-1-1 club members in fantasy), plust about 15pts and 7rebs on pretty good percentages. And to boot, he has eligibility at center, the toughest position to find quality. So I take Rasheed there.

Seriously do you play in a 4 team league or something?

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

laugh.gif

Anyhow, I take Rasheed. He'll give you 1 steal, 1 block, 1 three per game (one of the few 1-1-1 club members in fantasy), plust about 15pts and 7rebs on pretty good percentages. And to boot, he has eligibility at center, the toughest position to find quality. So I take Rasheed there.

Seriously do you play in a 4 team league or something?

Nah, its a 10 man league. People in the league are always making moves, and dropping ANYONE if they are injured. Just yesterday someone dropped GeraldWallace. Didnt pick him up in time though.

people who are always making moves on the daily defeats the purpose of draft day imo. To do it because of injuries is understandable but besidesthat...
eyes.gif

Curious what do you guys think.....

..I give Jamal Crawford/Rashad McCants
..I get Josh Howard/J.R. Smith

..Crawfords FG % is weighing me down....Crawford is my starting SG, Howard would replace him...and McCants is my usual utility starter but I can easily replacehim with Ronnie Brewer

^^^That's a great trade for you. Josh Howard is a borderline stud, while McCants and Smith are both borderline waiver wire material. Plus, McCant'svalue will go down a bit once Foye returns. So it basically boils down to Crawford vs Howard, and you win that in a runaway. If you like, cut JR and pick upsomeone you like off the FA list. But I definitely do that.

Trying to get this trade done...

I give:
-Bosh, Iguodala, Mike James

I get:
Tinsley, Randolph, and Gerald Wallace

Thoughts?

I just dropped Hinrich and picked up Urich. How long before I regret this descision?

I have Hinrich in two my leagues, he's been killing me also.

I wouldn't go as far as dropping him, and I'm sure he will be snatched up right away.

I was thinking of trying get him in another league for cheap in hopes he starts playing better. Good buy low player right now.

i have luke walton and anthony parker.

i want to pick up Juan Carlos Navarro. who would be better to drop, or should i keep both? they havent relally been doin that well i think.

Hey JapanAir, how about this trade (all the others have been rejected)?

Joe Johnson+Beno+Horford for Gay+Aldridge+Ronnie Brewer

I'm thinking about offering it out. I know JJ is a big name with great all around performance, but I'm definitely struggling in FG%, rebs, anddefensive categories right now, and I think this might help me out on those.

Which end of the deal are you getting?

If your getting Rudy, absolutely, here's the way I look at it.

You lose Joe Johnson, yes, a few threes, 22 4 and 6 guy, but Rudy is a good all around player, will get you around 16-18 a night with better rebounding and asteal and a block a game, if not more.

Horford in exchange for Aldridge is a steal. Yes Horford gobbles up rebounds like their nothing, yeah he gets a steal and a block, but Aldridge will scoretwice as much as Horford will, grab just a few less rebounds, and can also block shots, and his FG% is amazing.

Getting Brewer in exchange for Beno? His 14 3 and 4 is nice, but Brewer averages just slightly less, but he shoots at a very high %, and and you're gettingnearly 2 steals a game, with very low TO's. Udrih has a clock, his name is Mike Bibby. Once Bibby is back, he gets maybe 20 minutes max.

^^^ I would. With Howard you get more points/rebs, less to and better FG% and FT%. You lose one steal a game with that trade. However, I think Wallace wouldget better as the season pregresses but Howard is definitely a better choise right now.

RFX45
Kobe4MVP12

I just pulled the trigger because I was hurting in points...

Considering that I am in 1st place and the other manager I traded with is in 2nd place, let's hope that the other managers don't hate and veto thetrade.

Thanks!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Anyone have any help for my trade?
nerd.gif

Ehh its tough but I would stay put. Mike James is the worst player in the trade but IMO Bosh and Iggy are way more valuable then Wallace and Randolph. Itdepends on your needs though.

I need assists, and Tinsley fills all my needs for a PG, so, that's my main reason for making the trade, while getting a good rebounder/scorer, while alsogetting Josh Smith-lite.

Back
Top Bottom