Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Eagle, what do you need? I'm tempted to say Cisco because of K-Mart's injury, but... long-term definitely Travis. Only reason I'd take Cisco is if you plan on picking up and injured dude later on, and you need three's, and a better scorer. Cisco may be a better scorer for the next few weeks, but Outlaw should be better all-around.

It's actually part of that trade I'm working on. The latest offer I've received from him is Pierce/Brewer/JR Smith for Johnson/Horford/BenoUdrih. I don't like JR and am trying to get Travis Outlaw (or hopefully Jamario Moon) in there instead, but if not I'll probably drop JR and pick upeither Louis Williams or Francisco Elson.

^^

PG
Dwyane Wade
(Mia - PG,SG)

SG
Josh Smith
(Atl - SG,SF,PF)
Kelenna Azubuike
(GS - SG,SF)

SF
Rudy Gay
(Mem - SG,SF)

PF
Andres Nocioni
(Chi - SF,PF)

F
Drew Gooden
(Cle - PF)

C
Carlos Boozer
(Uta - PF,C)

C
Andrew Bogut
(Mil - C)

Util
Andris Biedrins
(GS - C)

Util
Jamal Crawford
(NY - SG)

BN
Monta Ellis
(GS - PG,SG)

BN
Stephen Jackson
(GS - SG,SF)

BN
Kevin Martin
(Sac - SG) INJ

I need some thoughts on this trade.
Kevin Durant and Andris Biedrins for Ray Allen and Tayshaun Prince?

I'm log jammed at the small forward position. I have Maggette, Pierce, Butler, and Artest. I need rebounds and J O'neal might be available for trade.Who should I be willing to give up?

JO is too injury prone, think of someone else than let us know.

Butler or Pierce would probably have the highest appeal right now, but I'd probably trade Pierce, but not for JO.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I'm log jammed at the small forward position. I have Maggette, Pierce, Butler, and Artest. I need rebounds and J O'neal might be available for trade. Who should I be willing to give up?
JapanAir21 said it. I don't trust JO to stay on the court ever and most people know that. And Butler and Pierce are the most valuable of thatgroup. Because of that you might try using Maggette or Artest to get JO and another piece if that manager is getting frustrated with JO missing games.

few more questions guys. would you use a #2 waiver to pick shaq up? and who would you drop, bargnani or sean williams? i'm thinking of barganani just cuzhe's redundant on my team and if sean williams ever gets some consistent pt he really adds to my block totals.

^ i would give bargnani some more time. you can at least trade him.

sean williams is waiver material, hes too inconsistent with franks lineups right now, even though when he gets minutes hes great.

if you have to, i would drop him for shaq. thing about shaq this year is he's not getting fouled as much as he used to, so he cant single handedly killyour ft% now (this now belongs to dwight). he'll still get you a good amount of blocks if thats what you're looking for.

with shaq you know what you're getting. if u want to give williams more time then thats not a bad option......but i think if kidd gets traded, that willhurt his value tremendously.

Originally Posted by presequel

^ i would give bargnani some more time. you can at least trade him.

sean williams is waiver material, hes too inconsistent with franks lineups right now, even though when he gets minutes hes great.

if you have to, i would drop him for shaq. thing about shaq this year is he's not getting fouled as much as he used to, so he cant single handedly kill your ft% now (this now belongs to dwight). he'll still get you a good amount of blocks if thats what you're looking for.

with shaq you know what you're getting. if u want to give williams more time then thats not a bad option......but i think if kidd gets traded, that will hurt his value tremendously.
ft's is my biggest concern here, of course since it's shaq. I've got some good guys i can put at center (yao, boozer, aldridge) soit's not like i need shaq or williams but i'm sure someone's gonna pick him up and if shaq can get his touches again he would be a nice option tohave

I just got proposed this deal:

I get: Hinrich and Big Z
He gets: J. Terry and Chandler

I'm obviously saying no to this deal, but here's my counter:

I get: Ronnie Brewer and Al Jefferson

Another side deal I'm considering (same parties involved):

Deron Williams for Dirk Nowitzki

Is this a good deal for me?

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

I just got proposed this deal:

I get: Hinrich and Big Z

I'm obviously saying no to this deal, but here's my counter:

I get: Ronnie Brewer and Al Jefferson

Another side deal I'm considering (same parties involved):

Deron Williams for Dirk Nowitzki

Is this a good deal for me?

i like the 1st deal for you. jefferson and chandler average about the same number of blocks and boards but jefferson will get you more points. so you'regetting the better big man. as for jt and brewer, their points and assists are close enough so the question is which you need more of. 3's or steals. jtwill get you more 3's since brewer pretty much stays away from them but brewer averages 2 more steals a game than terry does. imo steals are the hardercategory to come by so i think you'd get the better end of the deal.

do you have deron or dirk right now and what's the rest of your roster look like?

^I keep forgetting that I'm in a keeper league. I proposed the 1st deal (Brewer-Jefferson for Terry-Chandler) and I got shot down with the quicknessbecause Brewer and Jeffesron were 10th and last-round picks, respectively, rendering them untouchable.

I have to go back to my drawing board. Terry was a 4th-round keeper for me and I drafted Chandler too high (3rd) so I need to see what else I can get. My draftas a whole was so crappy so it really affects my trading power.

I have Dirk, but he's my 1st round pick, and Deron was an 8th-round pick. That deal is probably not happening either.

It's my first year in a keeper league, and I have much to learn.

I'm trying to propose this deal in my roto league:

I get: Garnett/Kaman
He gets: Josh Howard/Camby

Would you take this deal if you were him?

^^^ I think thats a pretty good deal. I actually think Kaman is playing better than Garnette right now, stat-wise, since Boston is beating team by 20-30 pts sohis not getting much playing time so I see him as a 15/10 guy which provides blk, stl, and asst. Kaman is self explanantory. While Camby is injury prone and hemight be due anytime soon and his inconsistent with everything else except for rebs. and blks. which you get from both Garnette and Kaman anyways. Not sureabout Howard but I think you get the same amount of rebs. and asst. with Garnette and Kaman so it's a great deal for you.

Im getting offered this. I give up Rashard Lewis and get back Shawn Marion. Obviously Shawn Marion is a way better player but I have a problem. My team issolid in threes right now. Most of the time I win threes but its close. If I do this deal it may be a wrap for my team with 3's. You guys think I shouldpull the trigger though?

Alright I got him to change it up a little bit.

I get: Jason Richardson, Al Harrington, and Shawn Marion

I give up: Rashard Lewis, and Joe Johnson

This way I actually gain in threes and get more depth on my team. I also improve in blocks and can finally drop Kelenna Azubuike. What do you guys think?

^^^
You make out REAL well there IMO, although J-Rich's percentages are pretty putrid. May want to try and move him once the deal is done.

ATTN EVERYONE:

If Randy Foye was dropped in your league, NOW is the time to pick him up. He's pg/sg eligible, and he may be cleared to return to practice on Monday. Hehas already been seen dunking and running sprints. After he gets cleared, he should start playing within a week.

He is a good pickup if you can get him. There's a good chance he's available in alot of leagues with impatient owners.

Back
Top Bottom