Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

eek.gif
at Kevo Martin being out for that long. Imma hope Artest steps up and avgs 30 or something. *Knock on wood*

anyway, I need to decide between these four players to pick up. Which one is the best out of them?
- Jason Maxiell
- Travis Outlaw
- Kurt Thomas
- Jeff Green

thanks

i would rank them like this:
1. Outlaw
2. Maxiell
3. Green
4. Thomas

Why is Ilgauskas struggling all of a sudden? I though with Lebron out and him getting the same amount of playing time, he would be more of a scoring option buthe just struggled more and more.

Gay for Odom, not quite yet. Let Odom prove himself first.

Of the four guys listed, in this order.

Outlaw
Green
Thomas
Maxiell

Maxiell not starting = not worth it IMO.

I think it's clear that Big Z is a key scorer now with LeBron out, BUT, he's struggling because he's not used to the pressure, a lot of his shotswere wide open, now he's getting guarded now that Bron isn't out there.

Also why Gooden is struggling.

^ Yep. If LeBron isn't out there attracting defenders and distributing the ball, it's gonna be harder for his "supporting cast" to do whatthey did with him, without him.

And for those 4 players I listed earlier. What I'm really looking for is just FG% and PTS.

Probably Outlaw is the best choice, although I'm not very clear on how well each of those guys shoot, Outlaw should score the most.

And, the Cavs role players just don't have what it takes to lead the team without Bron.

in the beggining of the season i traded away josh howard, horford and bosh for dwight howard and gerald wallace. good move so far right?

Originally Posted by outkast9984

in the beggining of the season i traded away josh howard, horford and bosh for dwight howard and gerald wallace. good move so far right?

i'd say that's a really good move.
ok guys, how about this: I'll give up Iverson, Hinrich and Kevin Martin for Dirk and BRoy. Hinrich hassucked and played only 16 minutes today while Martin's hurt for at least a month. This looks good for me right? My team's drowning right now.

also, what about trading Matrix for VC and Al Horford? I have Matrix right now

Originally Posted by outkast9984

IMO, that's about even. More or less a couple of rebounds.

Horford+Bosh > Dwight IMO.

And definitely Josh > Gerald.

But eh, your choice.

Keep Matrix, and if you can get rid of Kevin Martin, go ahead.

Gerald > Josh imo, but up to this point Josh has been better......but G Money is turning it around. Overall hes more worthwhile.

Horford + Bosh > Dwight because of Depth and how much dwights ft and to's can kill your team. But if Bosh's groin injury affects him long term, thenthis is a great deal. Dwight is a monster right now so you should be happy either way.

Trade is decent....the way they play out will determine their value.

Is Jarrett Jack Portland's starting PG? I might pick him up up and drop Azuibike, good move or bad?

Steve Blake and him split minutes.

I really don't see Gerald Wallace being better than Josh HOward this year, I understand hwere you come from presequel, and I respect your opinion, and lastyear I would have whole heartedly agreed, but this year it's a different story, Josh's midrange game = money, and he's learning to pass, andgrabbing boards. He may not get as many steals and blocks, but his FG% and consistancy make him better in my book, and I think I'm unbiased in saying so,just because h e's that good IMO. But it's not a wide margain, it's not like it's a huge difference.

^^^ So you think it's a good idea to drop Azubuike for him or just keep Azubuike?

Well, it depends on how much you really need assists.

Last year I would have said absolutely, but Jarret Jack doesn't get as much PT unfortunately.

To be quite honest, Jack just isn't getting it this year... yeah he's had a few 20+ games, but the assist totals aren't there this year, I meanhe's only gotten over 5 once. Quite honestly if all you need is assists, Blake is the better man if he's out there.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Well, it depends on how much you really need assists.

Last year I would have said absolutely, but Jarret Jack doesn't get as much PT unfortunately.

To be quite honest, Jack just isn't getting it this year... yeah he's had a few 20+ games, but the assist totals aren't there this year, I mean he's only gotten over 5 once. Quite honestly if all you need is assists, Blake is the better man if he's out there.

Blake is taken already but Louis Williams was just dropped in my league. Shoudl I try and pick him up instead?

I suppose so, ahead of Jarrett Jack yes definitely, even though they're both backup's.

Drop Diop if you don't need blocks terribly. Gooden is money when LeBron is on the court, and Collison has potential to be a double-double machine night inand night out.

Yay or Nay,

I give up Nash and Boozer to get Kobe, Richard Jefferson, and Okur.

What do you think my chances of getting butler instead of Jefferson are?

my current lineup looks like this

PG: Steve Nash
PG: Mo Williams
PG/SG: Kirk Hinrich
PG/SG: Jason Terry
SG/SF: Kevin Durant
SG/SF: Ronnie Brewer
SG/SF Hedo Turkoglu
SF/PF/C: Andrea Bargnani
PF/C: Carlos Boozer
PF/C: LaMarcus Aldridge
PF/C: Sean Williams
C: Yao Ming

FYI, I'm in 2nd out of 10 teams in this league and Bargnani would probably be dropped if I took the trade. The guy is also willing to replace DWade forKobe.

also can I get any more opinions on this one:

I give up Iverson, Kevin Martin and Hinrich for BRoy and Dirk. I'm 9th out of 12 in this league and need to do something.

^^^
That Nash trade is no good for you.

I don't think he'll be in Jersey much longer, and I don' trust RJ's production without him. And I don't know if Okur will get his stufftogether and perform consistently this year. Meanwhile you're giving up THE top fantasy PG in the game, in addition to a beast of a PF. You can definitelyget a lot better for those two.

As far as the second trade, I think it'll help you short term but not long term. You're basically throwing Hinrich in the trash with this one, and Ithink he'll be fine in the next month or so. Martin is a stud but is just injured, and Iverson is a great asset. Dirk is nice to be sure, but I'm notsold on Brandon Roy this season, particularly his lack of efficiency.

I give up Iverson, Kevin Martin and Hinrich for BRoy and Dirk. I'm 9th out of 12 in this league and need to do something.

Iverson > Broy.

Martin + Hinric > Dirk.

I would consider it though because of Martin's injury, up to you though. If you have a lot of scorers/assist dudes, maybe do it.

I give up Nash and Boozer to get Kobe, Richard Jefferson, and Okur.

Giving up one of the best assist-men, and one of the best big men for the best scorer, a good scorer, and an inconsistant big? Neh, no thanks. You need Nash inorder to keep a strangle-hold on Assists.

Eagle, what do you need? I'm tempted to say Cisco because of K-Mart's injury, but... long-term definitely Travis. Only reason I'd take Cisco is ifyou plan on picking up and injured dude later on, and you need three's, and a better scorer. Cisco may be a better scorer for the next few weeks, butOutlaw should be better all-around.

Back
Top Bottom