Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Alright I got him to change it up a little bit.

I get: Jason Richardson, Al Harrington, and Shawn Marion

I give up: Rashard Lewis, and Joe Johnson

This way I actually gain in threes and get more depth on my team. I also improve in blocks and can finally drop Kelenna Azubuike. What do you guys think?

Yes. You do this and you run. Do it now.

I just traded:

Brandon Roy & Marcus Camby

for

Jameer Nelson and Ricky Davis...

My rebounding is
smokin.gif
with Ilgauskus, D. West, L. Aldridge, S. Marion & A. Bynum already, but I'll lose a bunch of blocks and O-reb.
ohwell.gif

I plan to pick up K-Mart to try and supplement the blocks though.

I needed to up my assists, so I did a decent job right?
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

I just traded:

for

My rebounding is
smokin.gif
with Ilgauskus, D. West, L. Aldridge, S. Marion & A. Bynum already, but I'll lose a bunch of blocks and O-reb.
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

You got:
robbery2.jpg

That trade is borderline vetoable...

I just traded:

for

My rebounding is
smokin.gif
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Im sorry, but thats TERRIBLE.

If you really needed to up your assists, you could have gotten a top flight PG, not Jameer. Ricky Buckets is end of draft trash.

You basically gave up a 1st/2nd rd pick and a 4th/5th rd pick for a 7th and 12th rd pick.

TERRIBLE. I'm not trying to make you feel bad....im just saying that you got fleeced and you could have done ALOT better. Maybe you can try to get itvetoed....as that guy is probably happy as hell right now.

I just traded:

for

My rebounding is
smokin.gif
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
FIZZY WHAT THE HELL...

I just checked the league and the trade already went through, wtf? That's a horrible, HORRIBLE trade man...
smh.gif

We don't get a chance to veto? That trade is hella vetoable... imma have to call Stew or somethin... Ricky Davis is worthless!

LMAO I got another deal with this dude. I pulled the other one.

I give: KG, Gibson, and Monta Ellis

I receiver: Tim Duncan, Joe Johnson, and Baron Davis

Duncan scares but i think Johnson and Davis are wayyy better than Ellis and Gibson. Should I do it?

^^^
Damn, tough call but yes.

JJ is struggling a bit right now, and B-Diddy is always an injury concern, but Gibson is a borderline contributor and Monta's production is always aquestion mark b/c of Nellie's craziness with lineups and PT. About the only 2 guys with safe production on that roster are B-Diddy and S-Jax.

I say cross your fingers and do it.

I get: Ronnie Brewer and Al Jefferson
He gets: J. Terry and Chandler

No, you won't get that deal done.

As for Deron for Dirk, if you have Deron, keep Deron. PG's > PF's.

Steven Jackson for Iguodala

If you don't mind turnovers and some inconsistantcy in FG%, then sure.

I get: Garnett/Kaman
He gets: Josh Howard/Camby

Yeap. Camby is just a bit better than Kaman this year (only being better slightly in rebounding and blocking), while Garnett >>>> Howard, eventhough Josh gives you a good all-around game.

I get: Jason Richardson, Al Harrington, and Shawn Marion

I give up: Rashard Lewis, and Joe Johnson

Yeah, go ahead and do that if you have empty roster space.

As for the KG deal, I'm not sure, that's tough, KG's been nothing short of amazing. If you need three's, and don't mind turnovers, pull thetrigger.

So... Time to update my rosters.
laugh.gif
Let me know who you think is the best pick-up.

First League

Players who I'm considering dropping.

Mike James, Darko Milicic, Jamario Moon, Jose Calderon. (I'm upset with Jose, I just traded for him and he's been struggling).

Players who I'm considering picking up.

Larry Hughes, Anthony Carter, Francisco Garcia, Louis Williams, Reggie Evans, James Posey.

Note: I only have 5 players in the league who average more than 4 assists, and only three more than 5, so I'm thinking of getting Hughes, Carter, orWilliams. I could also use some help in three's that's where Garcia comes in, but he's only good for a certain time.

Second League

Zach Randolph, Jamario Moon, Darko Milicic.

Players I'm considering to pick up.

Earl Watson, Larry Hughes, David Lee, Antonio Daniels, Louis Williams, Anthony Carter, Reggie Evans, Cuttino Mobley, Kyle Lowry.

Note: I'm thinking of getting two rebounders, because it's what I struggle in most, although I could use some three point shooters. I was thinking ofLee, Reggie Evans, Antonio Daniels, Mobley, and Lowry mainly.

League Three

Josh Childress, Boris Diaw, and Jason Williams.

Jose Calderon, Elton Brand, Paul Millsap, Earl Watson, Nick Collison, Matt Barnes, Raja Bell, Randy Foye, Michael Finley, Ruben Patterson, Reggie Evans, LouisWilliams, Keith Bogans, Jeff Foster, Francisco Garica, Larry Hughes, Kyle Lowry, Kenyon Martin.

Note: I struggle in assists just about every week, I'm thinking of letting go of Diaw for sure, and toss-up between Childress and Diaw, if I give up allthree, probably want one rebounder, a shooter, and an assist-man.

League Four

Stephon Marbury, Jamario Moon.

Randy Foye, Steve Blake, Cuttino Mobley, Ruben Patterson, Reggie Evans, Louis Williams, Antonio Daniels, Jeff Foster, Kenyon Martin, David Lee, Larry Hughes,Kyle Lowry.

Note: I really don't need rebounds at all in this league, I could use an assist-man, but it's damn hard to let guys like David Lee and Steve Blake sitout there.

Any help would be appreciated, I know I gave a big list of guys, but it's really hard to tell.
laugh.gif

I've picked Larry Hughes up in a few of my leagues. For some reason i draft this guy every year hoping that he will return to his contract year Wizardsform. I guess it's worth another shot if you're going to be dropping someone like Mike James. At least Hughes has the potential to help in a lot ofvarious categories (i.e. steals, assists)

For some reason i draft this guy every year hoping that he will return to his contract year Wizards form.

I do too...
smh.gif

And even worse, I traded Brad Miller + Tayshaun for Larry Hughes and Nick Collison earlier in the year.
smh.gif

Am I crazy for offering this trade? Head-to-Head league

Giving up:
Iggy
Andre Blatche
Martell Webster

Getting:
Wade
Tim Thomas

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So... Time to update my rosters.
laugh.gif
Let me know who you think is the best pick-up.

First League

Mike James, Darko Milicic, Jamario Moon, Jose Calderon. (I'm upset with Jose, I just traded for him and he's been struggling).

Larry Hughes, Anthony Carter, Francisco Garcia, Louis Williams, Reggie Evans, James Posey.

Note: I only have 5 players in the league who average more than 4 assists, and only three more than 5, so I'm thinking of getting Hughes, Carter, or Williams. I could also use some help in three's that's where Garcia comes in, but he's only good for a certain time.

You HAVE to keep Darko, Moon, and Jose. Definitely give them more time. Moon is a glue guy, good all around and he looks great for starter minutes. He'sa rookie, but he's 27 yrs old. If you drop him he'll def get picked up right away. Darko is still recovering, but he's good for blocks and rebs.Calderon is just a TJ ford injury away from being a stud again, so hold onto him. Sometimes they both play split minutes, so keep an eye on their situation.

So that leaves Mike James as the odd man out. Of the guys you listed, I would rank it as Williams, Hughes, Carter. Lou has the most potential out of themall, with Andre Miller possibly being shipped out. He won't be available for much longer I think as word gets out on him. Carter is so so, and Hughes isalways a big disappointment. I'd go with Lou in this situation, but if you only want short term, Garcia looks good until Kmart gets back.
Second League

Zach Randolph, Jamario Moon, Darko Milicic.

Players I'm considering to pick up.

Earl Watson, Larry Hughes, David Lee, Antonio Daniels, Louis Williams, Anthony Carter, Reggie Evans, Cuttino Mobley, Kyle Lowry.

Note: I'm thinking of getting two rebounders, because it's what I struggle in most, although I could use some three point shooters. I was thinking of Lee, Reggie Evans, Antonio Daniels, Mobley, and Lowry mainly.

Wow, good list here of FA's. I would not drop Zach, as I think he's got that 'name' that you could trade to a manager, even though Zach ishorrendous this year, you could possibly fool someone since he has a name to him. He really only provides points and rebounds which is frustrating. If you needRebounders, then Evans should be at the top of your list, but he won't provide much else.

Ranking those FA's with no consideration to 'need', i'd list it as Daniels (really surprised hes available), Mobley, Lowry, Evans.

I really like Moon and Darko, and I think you should give it more time, but if you have to drop one, then go with Moon.
League Three

Josh Childress, Boris Diaw, and Jason Williams.

Jose Calderon, Elton Brand, Paul Millsap, Earl Watson, Nick Collison, Matt Barnes, Raja Bell, Randy Foye, Michael Finley, Ruben Patterson, Reggie Evans, Louis Williams, Keith Bogans, Jeff Foster, Francisco Garica, Larry Hughes, Kyle Lowry, Kenyon Martin.

Note: I struggle in assists just about every week, I'm thinking of letting go of Diaw for sure, and toss-up between Childress and Diaw, if I give up all three, probably want one rebounder, a shooter, and an assist-man.

Yes, finally you're considering dropping people who are all droppable
laugh.gif
Childress just got a groin injury, that could take him out up to 4-6 weeks although we have no official report. Diaw is trash to me and not veryfantasy worthy. Jason williams is bleh.

Now you have a really nice list of FA's. I would scoop Randy Foye now, but if you want to risk it and wait for his report to come out tomorrow then dothat. He should be a 15 pt 15 reb 5 ast 1-2 stl 1-2 3's type of guy.

If you're in need of 3's, get bogans. He's top 10 in the league for 3's made this year I believe. Also Raja Bell.

Scoop up Nick Collison. He should not be available in your league at all. Is this a 8-10 team league or something?
So yeah, i'd pick Foye, Collison, Bogans/Bell (Bell has more value), Kmart, Brand (he should be picked up Mid January if you can afford it. IFhe's way better than the last guy on your bench then do it. Gotta think about playoffs.)
League Four

Stephon Marbury, Jamario Moon.

Randy Foye, Steve Blake, Cuttino Mobley, Ruben Patterson, Reggie Evans, Louis Williams, Antonio Daniels, Jeff Foster, Kenyon Martin, David Lee, Larry Hughes, Kyle Lowry.

Note: I really don't need rebounds at all in this league, I could use an assist-man, but it's damn hard to let guys like David Lee and Steve Blake sit out there.

Any help would be appreciated, I know I gave a big list of guys, but it's really hard to tell.
laugh.gif

Marbury is droppable. So is Moon, but I like the guy
laugh.gif

Foye, Daniels, Mobley, Lou, Kmart, Blake in that order.

David Lee has no value so far this year. Until we see more consistent playing time, theres no reason to have him. Don't be fooled by his performancelast year, because he's got that fat slob zbo and curry ahead of him, even though he's better than them both.

Thanks for the input presequel, I was thinking Moon would get less PT when Bosh got back, and he did tonight, but I'll wait on him.

In that third league, there's like 10 teams, but you can only have like 12 guys on your roster, and any of the other guys in my leagues I just can'tsee dropping, but here are my rosters just in case you see something I don't.

L1- AK47, Garnett, Artest, Josh Howard, Kyle Lowry, Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, Danny Granger, Brendan Haywood (love that dude), Kaman, Moon, Darko, Antawn,Daniels, JET, Mike James

L2- Felton, Ricky Davis, Dwyane Wade, Tracy McGrady, Zach Randolph, Richard Jefferson, Darko, Brendan Haywood, Michael Redd, Jamario Moon, Josh Smith, ErickDamiper, Andre Miller

L3- Antonio Daniels, Hedo Turkoglu, Caron Butler, Rasheed Wallace, Boris Diaw, Jason Williams, Kobe, Barbosa, Childress, Granger, Dampier, Camby

L4- Gilbert (
smh.gif
), Gasol, Bogans, Shaq, Dalembert, Chandler, Stephon, Melo, Moon, Haslem, Mike Miller, Josh Howard, Jose Calderon, Corey Maggette, Mo Williams.

Back
Top Bottom