Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

^I'd do it...this better not be in the league im in with u
laugh.gif

Morrow has been blah his last couple of games .... finally coming down to earth?

Maybe that, but he SHOULD still be starting once Crawford comes, I'd wait 2-3 more games to see how he does.

If there's some one out there who you really want to grab, go ahead and get them.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Morrow has been blah his last couple of games .... finally coming down to earth?
Morrow was playing out of his mind in those couple games where he scored 37 and 25. He actually had shot attempts in those games. Today he onlyput up 6 shots. I caught the game late because I couldn't find a stream but it looked like Morrow was just having a bad game early. He was hitting hisshots late in the 4th (2 3pt attempts) but that was it. If it's any consolation, Morrow did shoot 2-3 from 3pt land... so that's an encouraging sign.But yeah, next game should be a better barometer of Morrow.

Since I don't want to dig through for the NBA thread, Minny should use a small back-court more often of Telfair and Foye, then slide MM over to the three,they're DOMINATING the Pistons..
smh.gif

what the hell is wrong with rip ?
mad.gif

question.....should i start or bench tyrus thomas tonite? its 5-5, and close in blocks. im down in FG%, FT%, 3PT%, A/T....already lost TOs but got assists. hes overtaken me in blocks but has a bunch of of TOs and poor shooting. gomes & hamilton are goin for me today.

foenao.png

im the 'holics

Who would you rather keep between the two? Tyson Chandler or Marcus Camby? I want to package a deal together and I'm deciding who I want to add in thedeal.

Camby has better overall stats but with the arrival of Zach Randolph, I'm expecting his stats to take a hit.

I'd give up Camby, he probably has higher market value than Chandler, and Chandler is in a slump right now, but there's no one there to take hisminutes, so I'd say deal Camby.

Kenyon is going to be a week-winner for a lot of teams out there..

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'd give up Camby, he probably has higher market value than Chandler, and Chandler is in a slump right now, but there's no one there to take his minutes, so I'd say deal Camby.

Kenyon is going to be a week-winner for a lot of teams out there..
JA, how serious are you taking all these Kaman rumors? It could definitely change the whole situationwith Camby.

I don't know, I think he'll be around for a bit longer, but I really haven't a clue. It doesn't make sense to keep all three, Zach can'thandle the three, and it doesn't make sense to have three big-men who are all paid 10+ million a year and have one of them on the bench.

But.. We'll see. I really can't tell you though man.

i just had my worst week scoring because of the z-bo trade, al horford injury, rudy and joe johnson going cold, and dwight battling foul trouble this week

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

edit: forgot about maggette with only 7 pts tonight on 20% shooting!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

mike dunleavy was just dropped in my league...

does anyone know when he's expected back? i thought he was supposed to start practicing this week

^ I have Dunleavy, and from what I read, he's not expected to be coming back soon. I wish I never drafted him in both my leagues
smh.gif

from rotoworld:

Mike Dunleavy said recently that he's taken a "half-step" toward returning from his knee injury but there is still no timetable for his eventualreturn.
According to Pacers beat writer Mike Wells, "Nobody in the organization has an idea on when the Pacers second-leading scorer will be back. Just know itwon't be anytime soon." We were optimistic after reports that Dunleavy looked good in recent workouts, but Marquis Daniels' starting job is safefor the foreseeable future

My Week 4 Rundown:

Injuries starting to take their toll a little bit on me; need to get some of these guys back already.
grin.gif

League 1 (Deron, JHoward, JRich injured): Lost 4-5 to *!!! clay bennett - lost by 5pts, 9asts, and 1stl. Think I could have used Deron there?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

League 2 (Deron, Redd, Manu, Harrignton injured): Lost 4-5 to The Product - lost by 1 turnover.
League 3 (KevMartin, Manu, JO, Harrington injured): Won 5-4 against Tennessee, aka FR3SH.
League 4 (actually healthy...#%%!!!): Won 6-3 against WILLINC.

Overall rankings after four weeks:
League 1: 2 of 10, 3.5 games back (and playing the #1 team this week
devil.gif
)
League 2: 7 of 10, 5.5 games back
sick.gif
(but still 1 game ahead of Ska
laugh.gif
)
League 3: 1 of 10, 2.5 games ahead
League 4: 2 of 10, 2.5 games back (and playing the #1 team this week
devil.gif
)

Once I get my squads healthy - especially Deron and Manu - I expect to start rolling a little smoother.

League 1- TIED 4-4-0 (4th place overall)
League 2- WIN 7-2-0 (2th place overall)
League 3- LOSE 2-8-0 (8th place overall) [Curse of Baron, Nash, and Deng, this league sucks haha]
League 4- WIN 5-4-0 (5th place overall)
League 5- WIN 6-3-0 (2nd place overall)
League 6- WIN 6-3-0 (2nd place overall)
League 7- WIN 8-4-0 (1st place overall)
League 8- WIN 13-2-0 (2nd place overall)
League 9- WIN 8-1-0 (1st place overall)
League 10- WIN 7-4-0 (5th place overall)
League 11- LOSE 2-6-0 (5th place overall)
League 12- LOSE 3-6-0 (8th place overall)
League 13- WIN 6-3-0 (7th place overall)
League 14- LOSE 3-7-0 (9th place overall)
League 15- WIN 7-2-0 (4th place overall)
League 16- TIED 5-5-0 (7th place overall)
League 17- WIN 7-2-0 (1st place overall)
League 18- LOSE 3-6-0 (5th place overall)
League 19- LOSE 2-4-0 (4th place overall)
League 20- TIED 5-5-0 (2nd place overall)
League 21- WIN 1-0 (Tied for first) [Points only league]
League 22- TIED 5-5-0 (8th place overall)
League 23- TIED 5-5-0 (5th place overall)
League 24- WIN 6-3-0 (1st place overall)
League 25- WIN 7-2-0 (3rd place overall)
League 26- WIN 6-4-0 (3rd place overall)
League 27- LOSE 2-5-0 (9th place ovearll)
League 28- LOSE 3-9-0 (5th place ovearll)
League 29- WIN 6-5-0 (3rd place overall)
League 30- LOSE 4-6-0 (6th place ovearll)
League 31- WIN 10-2-0 (1st place overall)
League 32- TIED 6-6-0 (3rd place overall)
League 33- TIED 4-4-0 (8th place overall)
League 34- WIN 7-3-0 (1st place overall)
League 35- LOSE 2-9-0 (6th place ovearll)
League 36- WIN 4-2-0 (4th place overall)
League 37- LOSE 4-9-0 (5th place overall)
League 38- WIN 8-3-0 (3rd place overall)
League 39- WIN 7-2-0 (Tied for First)
League 40- WIN 8-4-0 (Tied for Forth)

I don't mind it so much, I try to pick up injured guys as much as I can, so I have tons of Manu's, TP's, Josh Smith's, Kevin Martin's, andJason Richardson's just waiting to recover from injuries (and Gilbert's/Monta's, but those will take a lot longer
tired.gif
laugh.gif
).

Had quite an impact on me not having Zach Randolph either, and I went ahead and picked up Al Harrington where I could.

Thanks for the advice y'all on Larry Hughes and Chalmers. I ended up just picking up Cuttino from FA.

I got another question. Would you guys do this trade: I give Rudy Gay and TJ Ford and try to get Carmelo and Jameer Nelson?

Melo is way better than Rudy Gay, and it should stay that way.

Jameer has improved his game a lot, and has been a reliable scorer, and gets his assists. TJ Ford can go off for 30+ some nights, but it's a matter ofwhether or not you like Melo a lot better than Rudy Gay or if you like TJ Ford a lot more than Jameer.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Melo is way better than Rudy Gay, and it should stay that way.

Jameer has improved his game a lot, and has been a reliable scorer, and gets his assists. TJ Ford can go off for 30+ some nights, but it's a matter of whether or not you like Melo a lot better than Rudy Gay or if you like TJ Ford a lot more than Jameer.
Yeah, I'm not too confident in Rudy Gay and i'm just hoping the guy that owns Melo is not feeling his low fg% right now. TJ i think isbetter than Jameer but i think Jameer could hold me down for whatever i lose with TJ.

I just got offered Azubuike and Okafor for Michael Redd. Is this a no-brainer or am i missing something here???

^ i wouldn't do that

azubuike is gonna have a dip in minutes with crawford there and even more so when monta comes back

good call..ok i really need another SG with Redd out at least another week. Can someone give me advice on who would be a solid pickup based on who'savailable on this list?

2444b2o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom