Official: 2008 Fantasy Baseball Thread *Sticky?*

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Who to drop? Greg Smith or Dana Eveland?
Even though he's walked alot of hitters recently, overall I think Greg Smith has better command than Eveland. He reminds me of a young Tom Glavinewith an awesome move to first.

It hurt, but I dropped Wang earlier
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

Who to drop? Greg Smith or Dana Eveland?
Even though he's walked alot of hitters recently, overall I think Greg Smith has better command than Eveland. He reminds me of a young Tom Glavine with an awesome move to first.

Thanks, I dropped Eveland.

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

Thoughts on Chase Headley being called up?

I think he'll do ok. I definitely dont expect him to put up the same numbers as Braun did when he got called up but I think he's a solid 3Boption. I have him on a few teams and he's a starter on 2 of the 4 midseason teams I drafted.

<>

Would I be stupid to drop Justin Upton? Vernon Wells is back from the DL and I need to get rid of someone. OF is my only expendable position. Here is my OF:

Jay Bruce
Milton Bradley
Vlad
Josh Hamilton
Justin Upton
Vernon Wells

Vernon Wells or Upton...one of em has to go. Getting rid of Vlad is not an option. If I have to bench him until he gets hot, even if it takes the whole season, I'll do it.

I guess it depends on what type your league your playing in and whether or not its a keeper league. If it's a standard 5x5 league, i'd drop both ofthem and use the extra spots for streaming purposes. You seem set in the outfield so dropping either player shouldnt make that much of a difference. Ifyou're talking keeper league, than Wells should get cut.

<>

check out the DUKES HEADLINE ARTICLE on yahoo!:

[table][tr][td]
Bringin' the Noise: Duke of discipline
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]By Brad Evans
June 18, 2008 [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
brad_smiling4.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]Owners with outfield vacancies who don't consider Elijah Dukes for employment would be wise to ignore any future incoming text messages with picture attachments.
In his controversial career, Dukes, who graduated summa cum laude from the Milton Bradley College of Anger Mismanagement, has been known more for violent temper tantrums than statistical contributions.

While a top Tampa prospect from 2004-2007 he was suspended an uncountable number of times for altercations ranging from disrespectful comments about the organization to heated verbal and physical exchanges with players and managers.

Away from the diamond, his behavior has been equally destructive. Since 2003, he's been involved in three separate domestic disputes, highlighted by an incident last year in which he forwarded a picture of a handgun to his wife's cell phone with the loving words "You dead dawg," left on a voice mail.

Dukes' villainous acts are definitely not suitable for the "On This Date" section of a vintage Topps baseball card, but he does possess the natural tools to one day post italicized numbers.

That is, if he can squelch the mental demons, something that's already been difficult to do in Washington.

On June 10, the quarrelsome outfielder lashed out at Nationals skipper Manny Acta in the visitor's dugout at PNC Park. Acta confronted Dukes to discuss his excessive celebration of a game-deciding Lastings Milledge blast. The two exchanged verbal pleasantries before being separated by teammates. Dukes later refused to acknowledge Acta's handshake gesture at the end of the game.

Again, it seemed, the troubled 23-year-old had doused another bridge in kerosene.

But the Washington Dukes is kinder and gentler. Instead of allowing the fire to smolder, he apologized to Acta and his teammates for his "heat of the moment" outburst.

Although it may appear small, that acceptance of responsibility was a turning point for the moody youngster, one which could lead to an offensive explosion.

Since June 1, the ultra-athletic right fielder has started to show signs of fantasy maturity. His line over that span - 56 at-bats, .286 BA, HR, 9 RBIs, 8 Rs, and 3 SBs - is respectable production for a No. 4 outfielder in 12-team mixed leagues.

Compared to last year, Dukes has exuded improved discipline at the dish (15.2 BB%), which has dramatically boosted his contact (CT% '08: 75.8, '07: 71.
glasses.gif
and line-drive rates (LD% '08: 18.7, '07: 10.5). Instead of trying to muscle the ball skyward with each swing, he's pounded the ball into the ground more frequently ('07 GB/FB: 0.88, '08: 1.65), maximizing his blazing speed.

Built from a similar mold as Milwaukee's Mike Cameron, Dukes has always possessed the Herculean strength and breakneck wheels necessary to be an annual 20-20 producer. Now that his fiery disposition seems to be somewhat in check, he's started to tap into that enormous potential. Over the past month the 0.16 percent-owned switch-hitter has outperformed Matt Kemp, Jeremy Hermida, Chris Young and Andre Ethier in Y! leagues.

Given his dynamite gifts, everyday at-bats and speed-friendly No. 2 spot in the Nationals order, he could reap major reward for his backers during the rest of the season. It's not unrealistic to think he could compile a line around .280 BA, 5 HR, 38 RBI, 50 R, 15 SB over his next 360 at-bats.

Finally, it seems, Dukes' Incredible Hulk alter-ego is being channeled positively, through his bat.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
the baseball world is noticing the rare talents of the bona fide beast!

Physically, Dukes has all the talent in the world to be an all-star. Its the mental aspect that still concerns me. I'll wait to see how the next fewweeks play out before possibly adding him to any of my teams.

<>

Should I pick up Ricky Nolasco or Andy Pettitte?

Ricky Nolasco is crediting his recent success to his new cut fastball and it's obviously working for him. But at the same time, Andy Pettitte has been goodlately too. Plus I think with the Yanks reeling off wins now, he'll benefit from that.

But yeah, who should I pick up?

Ricky Nolasco is crediting his recent success to his new cut fastball and it's obviously working for him. But at the same time, Andy Pettitte has been good lately too. Plus I think with the Yanks reeling off wins now, he'll benefit from that.

Stop acting like it matters
laugh.gif

Id take Pettitte because they both are run of the mill pitchers really the difference is Pettitte has a better chance to get a W because his bullpen is better.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

Ricky Nolasco is crediting his recent success to his new cut fastball and it's obviously working for him. But at the same time, Andy Pettitte has been good lately too. Plus I think with the Yanks reeling off wins now, he'll benefit from that.

laugh.gif

Id take Pettitte because they both are run of the mill pitchers really the difference is Pettitte has a better chance to get a W because his bullpen is better.
wink.gif

Thanks
laugh.gif

BTW, are you toying with my emotions in GUNNA's league
laugh.gif
? It's a 3.5 point difference now.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

laugh.gif

wink.gif

Thanks
laugh.gif

BTW, are you toying with my emotions in GUNNA's league
laugh.gif
? It's a 3.5 point difference now.
nerd.gif
Nah my whole pitching staff just imploded the last few weeks..and I found out the Twins are fronting on Liriano cause they dont want him to be eligiblefor arbitration dude got like a 70 to 15 K/BB ration since he went down but cant get a start in the bigs what part of the game is that?
grin.gif

Liri got rocked the past 2 starts, he's not ready quite yet. Soon though. But, the real question is, what to do with Jay Bruce?

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Who wins?

Beckett and Hanley for Tejada, Volquez, and Lowe

Beckett and Hanley win.
Originally Posted by firered18

Shoukd I trade johan santana for volquez, a guy offered it to me straight up
Tough but I anticipate Johan to have one of his untouchable 2nd halves that he's been notorious to have. When that happens, I'm thinkingthat the Mets offense would start to come around and then give him the run support to get him more wins. Plus Wagner is a top closer to win him games. Butanybody can make a good case for Volquez
laugh.gif

I traded Bruce and Marcum for Brad Lidge.

I have Rios, Abreu, Braun, and Markakis. So I could afford it.

I need some help on a DL situation (yahoo league):

Right now I got Felix Hernandez on the DL but he is scheduled to start on Friday.

I also have Greg Smith, who I want to drop in order to make room for Felix. He starts Thursday.

If I make the transaction early Thursday, will the move go thru on Friday or Saturday?

I would like to get starts out of both pitchers.

Right now I got Felix Hernandez on the DL but he is scheduled to start on Friday.

I also have Greg Smith, who I want to drop in order to make room for Felix. He starts Thursday.

If I make the transaction early Thursday, will the move go thru on Friday or Saturday?

Yeah, drop Smith early Thursday and bring Felix off the DL. It should work.
Originally Posted by gmoney771981

I need pitching, thoughts on Liriano or Jason Schmidt?

Liriano > Schmidt

Yeah, drop Smith early Thursday and bring Felix off the DL. It should work.
Done deal. It worked. Thx.

smh.gif

In my league I did.

Volquez,BJ Ryan, and Maine for Johan Santana.

Too bad everyone is my league vetoed. Pissed me off.

Back
Top Bottom