Official: 2008 Fantasy Baseball Thread *Sticky?*

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

I went to the Cubs/Dodgers game on Memorial Day - I was hoping to see Kershaw but go stuck watching Billingsley.....which worked since my North Siders won 3-1
smile.gif
He's a safe buy for right now. I bought the hype and grabbed Jay Bruce in all my leagues.

Bruce is having a great debut so far. 3-3 2 R 2 RBI 1 SB
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
Glad I picked him up two weeks ago.

I passed on Kershaw in almost all my leagues cause Im saving my waiver priority for David Price once he gets called up. BTW, I hope Bruce produces like Braundid last year.

<>

Originally Posted by yoRAJAH

I passed on Kershaw in almost all my leagues cause Im saving my waiver priority for David Price once he gets called up. BTW, I hope Bruce produces like Braun did last year.

<>

If Kershaw is still available, you probably grab him instead. Price is only in Class A right now and has only pitched in 2 pro games. He's coming offshoulder surgery as well, so it's almost a guarantee that the Rays are going to bring him along slowly. I would be very surprised to see him in the majorleagues this year.

Yeah, so I picked up Bruce a few minutes ago
pimp.gif

Now my OF is as follows: Abreu, Matsui, Griffey, Bruce (2 Yankees and 2 Reds, just realized that
laugh.gif
) and Fukudome.

Edit:
indifferent.gif
at Yahoo. I put Dan Haren in my lineups this morning, andclicked submit. I just noticed it in fact did not submit. He's pitching great, as usual, but that isn't helping me out right now
tired.gif

laugh.gif
I picked up Jay Bruce in both my leagues a couple weeks ago when they predicted his callup. He will single-handedly put my teams in the top 3. Same thinghappened last year when my 3B got hurt and I decided to take a chance on Ryan Braun once he got called up.

To all the people that "just picked up" Bruce, I have one question to ask you...

What kind of league still has Jay Bruce on the FA 1wk+ his first game in the majors?

^ I picked up Bruce before his first game.

Anyone know if Masterson of the Red Sox is going to pitch tomorrow? It says he is a two start, but I don't know if it is correct.

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

laugh.gif
I picked up Jay Bruce in both my leagues a couple weeks ago when they predicted his callup. He will single-handedly put my teams in the top 3. Same thing happened last year when my 3B got hurt and I decided to take a chance on Ryan Braun once he got called up.

Seriously, I picked up 7-8 points this weekend because of him.

Dude hit another one today.
pimp.gif

Should I do this deal? I give up Alfonso Soriano for Bobby Abreu and C.C. Sabathia. 5x5 Roto, I'm leading in all offensive categories, but my pitching isstruggling.

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Should I do this deal? I give up Alfonso Soriano for Bobby Abreu and C.C. Sabathia. 5x5 Roto, I'm leading in all offensive categories, but my pitching is struggling.

Not a bad trade, esp since CC has pitched better lately. Abreu is a decent downgrade. But dude - Soriano is red hot - sell it! Consider this though - Iwould sell high on Soriano. I sell the fact he is the heart of the highest scoring team in the majors and downsell CC (stress that his record is terrible).Maybe you can squeeze more out of him -- like get one more arm or bat and have u toss in your worst players as a throw in. Milk all you can....Soriano is hotreal estate right now.

OK - in a separate manner....I am commissioner of a fantasy league, 12 dudes, Yahoo, head-to-head. First place dude is giving up his injured David Ortiz to the2nd place team for Jason Giambi straight up. BA & HR are nearly identical but Ortiz has more total bases and is a first round pick. If it was a lastplace team fire saling to a first place team, I'd nix the deal in a heartbeat...but its two contenders dealing.

IMO: Ortiz for 2.5 or 3 months > Giambi for 4 months

Do I push the deal thru, put it up for league vote or nix it?

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

^ Who are your other OFs?

Josh Hamilton, Corey Hart, Jay Bruce, Magglio Ordonez, Ichiro.

On the Giambi/Ortiz swap, I'd prolly just put it up for league vote if you don't think it's collusion.

Tough call...like Flint said, Soriano's on fire. But you got a pretty good OF without him and if you're on top in all offensive categories, I'mguessing the rest of your lineup is decent too.

Thing is, where would you play Abreu? How many UTIL spots do you have? Other than Corey Hart, he's not more valuable than the other guys. Maybe Ichiro, butyou gotta play him daily just for the steals.

I have Bruce in a UTIL spot right now so that's not a problem. I'm prolly gonna go ahead and do it, thanks for the help.

Should I do this deal? I give up Alfonso Soriano for Bobby Abreu and C.C. Sabathia. 5x5 Roto, I'm leading in all offensive categories, but my pitching is struggling.

Not a bad trade, esp since CC has pitched better lately. Abreu is a decent downgrade. But dude - Soriano is red hot - sell it! Consider this though - I would sell high on Soriano. I sell the fact he is the heart of the highest scoring team in the majors and downsell CC (stress that his record is terrible). Maybe you can squeeze more out of him -- like get one more arm or bat and have u toss in your worst players as a throw in. Milk all you can....Soriano is hot real estate right now.

OK - in a separate manner....I am commissioner of a fantasy league, 12 dudes, Yahoo, head-to-head. First place dude is giving up his injured David Ortiz to the 2nd place team for Jason Giambi straight up. BA & HR are nearly identical but Ortiz has more total bases and is a first round pick. If it was a last place team fire saling to a first place team, I'd nix the deal in a heartbeat...but its two contenders dealing.

You have to approve if it is two contenders. It happened in my league earlier. It may not be fair to some people, but the guys making the deal want itdone.

Traded Jay Bruce away for Tim Lincecum...

Not sure if I will regret it or not, but I still have Ellsbury, Hart, Dunn, Justin Upton, and Jeremy Hermida at the OF spot, and I needed some pitching...

Would I be stupid to drop Justin Upton? Vernon Wells is back from the DL and I need to get rid of someone. OF is my only expendable position. Here is my OF:

Jay Bruce
Milton Bradley
Vlad
Josh Hamilton
Justin Upton
Vernon Wells

Vernon Wells or Upton...one of em has to go. Getting rid of Vlad is not an option. If I have to bench him until he gets hot, even if it takes the whole season,I'll do it.

Should I drop Granderson for Bradley or is it too early to give up on him? I just don't like where things are heading for Detroit and he doesn't seemto be the same player he was last year. I could also drop Ludwick instead. I know he has good numbers, but he was hitting around .340 when I picked him up acouple weeks ago and now he's down to .305 and he hasn't been producing as much as he was before I picked him up.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Not a bad trade, esp since CC has pitched better lately. Abreu is a decent downgrade. But dude - Soriano is red hot - sell it! Consider this though - I would sell high on Soriano. I sell the fact he is the heart of the highest scoring team in the majors and downsell CC (stress that his record is terrible). Maybe you can squeeze more out of him -- like get one more arm or bat and have u toss in your worst players as a throw in. Milk all you can....Soriano is hot real estate right now.

OK - in a separate manner....I am commissioner of a fantasy league, 12 dudes, Yahoo, head-to-head. First place dude is giving up his injured David Ortiz to the 2nd place team for Jason Giambi straight up. BA & HR are nearly identical but Ortiz has more total bases and is a first round pick. If it was a last place team fire saling to a first place team, I'd nix the deal in a heartbeat...but its two contenders dealing.

You have to approve if it is two contenders. It happened in my league earlier. It may not be fair to some people, but the guys making the deal want it done.
Yeah - I approved it. Dude with Ortiz was hearing from Boston media the injury was worse than reported by ESPN, AP.... Nowitness - I think you made theright decision.

Back
Top Bottom