Official: 2008 Fantasy Baseball Thread *Sticky?*

^ I would have vetoed that crap too
laugh.gif
. Stupid GMs that unload their talent FTL
smh.gif

Pick up Jonathan Broxton (if he's available and if you need saves). Saito was diagnosed with a sprained ligament in his right elbow. Out at least 6 weeks.

LOL someone offered me Jose Lopez and Michael Bourn for Dice-K. His reasoning because my 2B sucks (Jeff Kent). He even had the nerve to send me a msg saying"or just Lopez straight up."

This guy wants me to give up a pitcher with a 10-1 record and sub-3.00 ERA for a guy who is hitting only 30 pts higher than JK (but Kent has almost twice theHRs) and another guy who is hitting .218.

And I'm currently in 3rd place....this guy's in 9th.

Yeah sure.

Shoud I put Johan on the trading block, given that he doesnt look right this season, in hopes of Francisco Liriano being recalled and returning to some form ofthe pitcher he was in 06? The rest of my rotation is solid: Felix Hernandez, Zambrano, Duchscherer, Dice-K, Gavin Floyd, and Armando Galarraga.

I would probably look to upgrade at catcher or 2B, on someone like Brandon Phillips straight up.

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

Shoud I put Johan on the trading block, given that he doesnt look right this season, in hopes of Francisco Liriano being recalled and returning to some form of the pitcher he was in 06? The rest of my rotation is solid: Felix Hernandez, Zambrano, Duchscherer, Dice-K, Gavin Floyd, and Armando Galarraga.

I would probably look to upgrade at catcher or 2B, on someone like Brandon Phillips straight up.

Johan is a second half pitcher anyways. I'd just keep him. And aren't the Mets primed for a run at the division? They've won 10 in a row. If youreally need help at 2nd base, then look to deal another pitcher. Maybe Duchscherer since he was in the pen since he came up to the bigs. He might fatigue. I'm not saying he will because he was a starter in the minors, but might still. Or I'd rather trade FelixHernandez. His win total will suck even more because afterall, he's in Seattle. They won't win as many games to help his win total.

I would trade Johan depending on what you need.

You can really milk him for a lot. Everyone wants him, even if he hasn't been that good.

Grab a nice 2 for 1. And get more quaility.

LOL someone offered me Jose Lopez and Michael Bourn for Dice-K. His reasoning because my 2B sucks (Jeff Kent). He even had the nerve to send me a msg saying "or just Lopez straight up."

This guy wants me to give up a pitcher with a 10-1 record and sub-3.00 ERA for a guy who is hitting only 30 pts higher than JK (but Kent has almost twice the HRs) and another guy who is hitting .218.

And I'm currently in 3rd place....this guy's in 9th.

Yeah sure.

This guy sounds like one of the biggest idiots ever

^The same guy now wants Brad Lidge from me.
laugh.gif
But closers are a premium in my league, especially since we play blown saves. And I'm pretty sure hewon't give up much for him.

On another note, I just gave up Gavin Floyd and Jeff Kent for Robinson Cano. I've had Cano the previous two seasons and he always catches fire in the 2ndhalf. I was also looking at Brandon Phillips and Howie Kendrick but Philiips would've cost too much and I felt like I could get Cano by leveraging thetrade with a middle-of-the-rotation 10 game winner. The Sox are playing good ball so Floyd will get him some wins. Jeff Kent was just a throw in to cover theposition.

What do you think?

is this a good trade for me...I already have Carlos Delgado whos been playing solid lately at 1B and Jorge Cantu, whos eligible for 1B. Anyways, I would betrading away Chase Utley and Mark Reynolds, and I would be getting Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols, Dan Uggla. If not that they maybe Pujols and Uggla for justUtley.

Originally Posted by Np86123

is this a good trade for me...I already have Carlos Delgado whos been playing solid lately at 1B and Jorge Cantu, whos eligible for 1B. Anyways, I would be trading away Chase Utley and Mark Reynolds, and I would be getting Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols, Dan Uggla. If not that they maybe Pujols and Uggla for just Utley.
I would jump all over that trade if you can get those 3.

is this a good trade for me...I already have Carlos Delgado whos been playing solid lately at 1B and Jorge Cantu, whos eligible for 1B. Anyways, I would be trading away Chase Utley and Mark Reynolds, and I would be getting Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols, Dan Uggla. If not that they maybe Pujols and Uggla for just Utley.

Did it but its probably going to get vetoed. Theres one dude in this league that vetoes all trades, no matter fair or not, and he tries to get other peopleto do it.

Did it but its probably going to get vetoed. Theres one dude in this league that vetoes all trades, no matter fair or not, and he tries to get other people to do it.

I'd veto that in a heartbeat
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Did it but its probably going to get vetoed. Theres one dude in this league that vetoes all trades, no matter fair or not, and he tries to get other people to do it.

I'd veto that in a heartbeat
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know, some people will just trade people to trade people.

What do you guys think of Jimmy Rollins? Is this the type of season he will finish with or is he going to pick it up? I need a SS and thinking about giving upVolquez for him, who looks like he's wearing down.

Ok well that Utley and Mark Reynolds for what I'd be getting, Pujols, Fielder, and Uggla didn't go through. I need better pitching, Wins, Ks, and savesbad so I did three deals, all went through. What do you think....did I upgrade of downgrade, hopefully not downgrade. I traded Utley and got Uggla/Pujols. Thendid two separate deals with the same team...I traded Russel Martin, Carlos Delgado, and Jorge Cantu for Wagner and Sabathia. Then I traded Mark Reynolds andFiggins for McCann. This is how my team was before...

C Martin
1B Delgado
2B Utley
3B Glaus
SS Cabrera
OF Hart
OF Hamilton
OF Ludwick
Util Cantu
Bn Figgins
Bn Reynolds

SP Floyd
SP Haren
SP Mussina
SP Pettitte
SP Lee
SP Bedard
RP Marmol
RP Jenks
RP Buchholz
RP Putz

Now, my team is....

C McCann
1B Pujols
2B Uggla
3B Glaus
SS Cabrera
OF Hart
OF Hamilton
OF Ludwick
Util Thome
Bn Encarnacion
Bn LaRouche

SP Floyd
SP Haren
SP Mussina
SP Pettitte
SP Lee
SP Bedard
SP Sabathia
RP Marmol
RP Jenks
RP Buchholz
RP Wagner

I want to bring Oswalt off the DL but who should I drop? I'm leaning towards Jonathan Sanchez or Edwin Jackson. BTW, this is a 10 team league and I'min 2nd place with 4.5GB of 1st. Help?

Here's my team:
23h3d4j.png

29sz1i.png

Thanks.

Nvm, I figured it out...

you guys think chris carpenter is worth the pickup, you guys think he'll be storng the rest of the way. just wondering because i got 1 open roster spot.

If you have an empty roster spot, I'd say take a chance on the dude. It's not like you have drop another player for Carpenter. It's a no risk movein my eyes to pick up and wait for Carpenter.

I just made my final trade for the playoff push.

I gave Volquez,Tejada,Hamels,and BJ Ryan

for Haren and Hanley.

Really wanted to unload on Tejada and Volquez before the stock dropped to deep.

Plus I could spare some pitching.

^ Hamels for Haren would have been pretty even IMO... so then I think you gave up too much to get Hanley... Volquez, Tejada, and Ryan for Hanley? That'stoo much IMO.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

^ Hamels for Haren would have been pretty even IMO... so then I think you gave up too much to get Hanley... Volquez, Tejada, and Ryan for Hanley? That's too much IMO.

Ryan was a throw in to get it done. I have not started him in a while.

Her is my team now.

C-Doumit
1B-Tex
2B-Upton
3b-Wright
SS-Hanley
OF-Braun
OF-Abreu
OF-Rios
DH-Lowell

P-Haren
P-Broxton