Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

People said Lebron was going to turn it around, too. There will be a game or two when Kobe is absolutely feeling it, but our defense is phenomenal at forcing him into bad spots on the floor.

Pau had trouble guarding KG. Heck, who in the league can guard KG well? Chandler is the only one I can think of. The Lakers have to chip at KG with their help defense and dare Rondo to make jumpers again.

This game is huge for both teams, and wouldn't necessarily be if it was a 2-2-1-1-1
i think someone needs to tell KG that

Pauline Pierce, lets see you fake another three injuries to win the title.
Because Pierce faking an injury made the Lakers lose right?

roll.gif
@ the Benzino pic.

This game is equally big for both teams. Both superstars need to be 48 minute guys and not 24.

Expecting a battle tonight. Odom is the key for the Lakers tonight.

Got the Lakers by 5 tonight.

smh.gif
getting Gasoft to do the anti-violence public service announcment.

f40e8e2b198caff9821c022a194753bd-getty-55057434nsb006_media_availability.jpg

BOSTON - JUNE 7: Pau Gasol #16 of the Los Angeles Lakers performs an anti-violence PSA prior to Game Two during the 2008 NBA Finals Media Availability on June7, 2008 at TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using thisPhotograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2008 NBAE (Photo byNathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images)

keep working it P2!
laugh.gif

capt.bb46f84054f643e4b188a68edec9205b.nba_finals_celtics_basketball_bxg111.jpg

Boston Celtics' Paul Pierce holds his injured knee while stretching before practice Saturday, June 7, 2008, in Boston. The Celtics host the Los AngelesLakers in Game 2 of the NBA basketball finals Sunday night.

laugh.gif
The Celtics defense is in Kobe's head, Pierce, Posey and Ray Allengot him shook, i doubt he gets out of his shooting slump against them. They just straight up own this clown, period. 9-28 shooting games will be frequent forMr. Bryant as the Celtics sweep all 4 games, he'll probably have more turnovers than field goals made once it's all said and done..
pimp.gif

Please, KG did not handle Pau....he made some jump shots in the first half.

It's not like it's a mismatch, KG just has the ability to shoot over ANYONE.

Really, They're both soft.

KG as I said, could get 30-35 a game this series, but he won't because he chooses not to.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

obe may not do that again, but neither will KG.
Why not?

It's not like he's gona start going in the paint again. The guy disappears late in games.

And Kobe won't do that again......don't be so sure.

As if he needs to? He's been the Celtic's most consistent player BY FAR, and he's been shooting over 50% almost entirely on jump shots like theones he was missing in the second half of Game 1. In the words of Kobe, he "missed some bunnies." He hasn't had that big of a cold streak duringthis whole playoff run. It was an anomaly, and you better believe it wasn't because of Gasol's superb defense.
laugh.gif

Oh, and KG's "soft?" Yeah, that's how he got DPOY. Maybe on offense, but that's because that jumper is probably the best shot in hiswhole arsenal.

If Pierce didn't come back, KG was NOT getting them a win..

Dude was nowhere to be found in the 2nd half, he doesn't want the ball.

Yes, I meant on offense he is soft.

That jumper is the best move it might appear that he has, cause it all he ever does..he could absolutely abuse Gasol on drop steps and jump hooks in the paint.But again, he won't do it.

He's been there most consistent and best player....but Pierce is their go to guy, and it's obvious that he wants the big shots, and KG wants no part ofcontact, or the big shot.

The Celtics defense is in Kobe's head, Pierce, Posey and Ray Allen got him shook, i doubt he gets out of his shooting slump against them. They just straight up own this clown, period. 9-28 shooting games will be frequent for Mr. Bryant as the Celtics sweep all 4 games, he'll probably have more turnovers than field goals made once it's all said and done..
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
wow, if that's the case, lakers got played for a foolthe other night.....what kobe didn't think he would be able to shoot those 3's, hence, he didn;t put effort in to defend them? it's the NBA finals,where's the heart kobe? fool....

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

laugh.gif
wow, if that's the case, lakers got played for a fool the other night.....what kobe didn't think he would be able to shoot those 3's, hence, he didn;t put effort in to defend them? it's the NBA finals, where's the heart kobe? fool....

yea, those 3s could have been prevented... the play that pissed me off the most was KG's offensive rebound and dunk or did he catch the ball in theair? and kobe + gasoft were just chillin... not boxin out KG.....
Hopefully we prevent those things that get the +%+*@!% crowd going...

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Last time i made my prediction, turns out i was right on the money. Since the Celtics in reality are a much more superior team in every category against the Lakers, i'm confident my predictions will turn out to be a sweeping by the Celtics. Paul Pierce even with one good leg is still the best player in this series. His heart and determination, he just will not let the Celtics lose, especially against these LA Fakers led by Kobe the clown. I fully expect the Celtics to come out blazing, jumping out to a huge lead in the first quarter and never looking back. The Celtics played poorly as possible in game 1 yet they still were able to win by 10, that total will more than double tonight. All signs point to a Celtics rout sending this series back to LA two nothing. Lakers 83 Celtics 112.. Pierce and KG with 32 points a piece, Allen with 6 triples

Kobe, give the MVP trophy to its rightful owner please.
I say Celtics by 5. If the "MVP" comes through though, Lakers by 5.

gasol needs to pick it up in tonight's game. no games, no getting bumped around. he needs to score at least 20 pts.

odom needs to step it up a bit too, but gasol in the paint is necessary to this team's short term success

i'm not the "sky is falling" type, but this is a must win for the lakers despite the next three games being in la.

Originally Posted by only 2three

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

People said Lebron was going to turn it around, too. There will be a game or two when Kobe is absolutely feeling it, but our defense is phenomenal at forcing him into bad spots on the floor.

Pau had trouble guarding KG. Heck, who in the league can guard KG well? Chandler is the only one I can think of. The Lakers have to chip at KG with their help defense and dare Rondo to make jumpers again.

This game is huge for both teams, and wouldn't necessarily be if it was a 2-2-1-1-1

roll.gif
please stop with that bs. KOBE HAD GOOD LOOKS, he just didn't make the shots that he does make most of the time... talking about you're phenomenal defense... lol
As far as KG goes, there is no way Pau can stop him. Dude is softer than the inside of a Twinkie...
And we rather give him his 30 points than risk wide open shots by allen or rondo.. which will get those guys going too...
Lebron had layups in the early games of that series that he was missing and it still took him awhile to get on track. Im not saying Kobe isn'tgoing to turn it around but he is human. Give credit to the Celtics defense for keeping off the free throw line to keep his J from getting on track and fromalso keeping him from getting to the rim easily for the most part.

As a Celts fan, I'm embarrassed by some of these posts. Pierce is the best player on the floor? Are you kidding me?

In game 1, you have to give credit to the Celtics D on Kobe. They didn't fall for his fakes, had a defender close on him with another big man awaitingright behind, and threw different defenders his way throughout the game. Kobe is going to have to hit those jumpers because he won't be able to get all theway inside as often if Pau can't block out his own guy.

Set up the pick and roll because Boston hasn't defended that well the entire playoffs. Make other adjustments and we may be able to steal one.

Go Lakers.

laugh.gif
Tom Thibodeau know practically the blueprint of Kobe's game,since after all, he taught him half of his moves.Kobe going off on the Celtics is not a option in this series. He wont reach over 30 in my opinion, unless heshots over 30 times to get it.
pimp.gif

We have lost one game on our home court and it required a flawless performance from Detroit. And I know the Lakers haven't lost on theirs.

Back
Top Bottom