Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Originally Posted by WILLINC

roll.gif
roll.gif

I love it, Lakers fan never cease to amuse me

I aint seen this much crying about officials since the 06 Finals, cause that was fixed too right ?

Paul Pierce will be Finals MVP, book it
I don't know what to do any more....

There are people who aren't laker fans who have been saying the same thing.

Hell in my post I said I wouldn't blame the ref's.

But yet once agian all lakers fans are cry babies, all laker fans don't know anything about basketball....

Yall need to quit. Please just quit.

images

what is the issue with the refs i mean if the refs were calling the game in favor of the lakers, laker fans wont be complaining. i mean its the nature of thebeast not everyones fav team is gonna win all the time. i mean im a yankees fan and i would love for the yanks to win every year but unfortunately it doesntwork that way. laker fans need to grow a set and just stop with the b*tch+##ness already.....

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

The Lakers are 8-0 at home in the playoffs
The Celtics are 2-7 on the road in the playoffs.

The series isn't over yet, the Spurs who got dominated the 1st 2 games vs. the Hornets came back to win the series.

Kobe had decent 30 and 24 point games. He NEEDS to takeover and dominate

indifferent.gif
the lakers havent played a team like the celtics.....yea theyhad there trouble woes on the road....but they got it together at the the right time.....watch out

when you say they havent played a team like the celtics you mean they havent played a team where the refs are blatantly cheating for them right?

Powe is that dude he had a great game. The halftime store on Powe was really good. I like the way Boston played with a lot of heart. The game was called kindof fun. A lot of calls went Bostons way. Yes I'm going for the Celtics but I don't want this to be a series the was made by the officials.

LETS GO BOSTON!

This game was hard to watch not only as a fan of the Lakers but as a fan of basketball in general.

The situation with the fouls was just so ridiculous.

Originally Posted by HoneyBBQ Wings 33

I don't know what y'all were watching but I didn't see Kobe complaining about any calls after that 1st quarter.

What quarter did Kobe pick up that tech? Right....
if the league has another debacle in their premier contest of the season they could have a very big problem on their hands.
The debacle is that Laker fans/supporters, coaches and players are relying on stat sheets and ignoring the game itself. They're just a soft,jumpshooting team with a soft front line. They have been outmatched in this first two games, period. They can't guard any big men and they should bethankful Duncan can't even move side to side anymore. They won't even give the refs a reason to blow the whistle. They are going against adisciplined defensive unit and that pretty boy Hollywood **** hasn't worked so far. Leave the flopping and pump fakes in LA. Kobe shooting airballs againnow (Bron shaking his head somewhere) because he can't get to the bucket. Radmonovic almost shot the Lakers out of game 2, just like Kobe did in game 1. The Celtics benefitted a lil from home cooking just like every team, but the bulk of it is style of play. It's only a debacle because the largest fanbaseand everybody else who hates the Celtics, the most notorious complaining coach, and the whining superstar says it is.

I don't know what to do any more....

There are people who aren't laker fans who have been saying the same thing.

Hell in my post I said I wouldn't blame the ref's.

But yet once agian all lakers fans are cry babies, all laker fans don't know anything about basketball....

Yall need to quit. Please just quit.
Just from reading your posts, you're good. But unfortunately, you're associated with some of the worst characters in fan history, andthis is on and off the net, in and outside of LA. They have taken on the personality of their leader, frontrunners. They've spent their losing yearsdefending Kobe as the best, while killing Wade, Bron and whoever else was getting the bulk of the attention at the time while Kobe was trying to figure out theteam game. I wouldn't take it personal.

Just from reading your posts, you're good. But unfortunately, you're associated with some of the worst characters in fan history, and this is on and off the net, in and outside of LA. They have taken on the personality of their leader, frontrunners. They've spent their losing years defending Kobe as the best, while killing Wade, Bron and whoever else was getting the bulk of the attention at the time while Kobe was trying to figure out the team game. I wouldn't take it personal.
But that's what bugs me because IT'S JUST NOT TRUE!

Yes we do have some fans that are just unbearable, but isn't that the same for every franchise? I have seen cav fans a heat fans that are the same way.

It seems to be no matter what happens we can't win. 38 to 10? How can we not have the right to complain? I could see if it was 20 to 38 or something...but38 to 10!

Me myself? Yeah I won't blame it on the refs. But I understand why other laker fans would be upset and complain about it.

My problem is no matter what laker fans do we get ragged on. Its just stupid. I don't mind trash talk from celtic fans, but how can a heat fan and a kinckfan (not all kinck and heat fans but for most poeple you know who I am talking about) be in every post complaining about US as fans? Fall back and look atyourselfs. If this was your team wouldn't you be upset?

This is why I don't post much in game threads. There is no point.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

The Lakers are 8-0 at home in the playoffs
The Celtics are 2-7 on the road in the playoffs.

The series isn't over yet, the Spurs who got dominated the 1st 2 games vs. the Hornets came back to win the series.

Kobe had decent 30 and 24 point games. He NEEDS to takeover and dominate

laugh.gif
Laker's fan's grasping for hope ...this isnt the Hornetsthough

Isnt it kinda weird that the night they have the Leon Powe halftime story, is the same night he goes off for 21 pts in 15 minutes(While gettin every call inhis favor)?

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

The debacle is that Laker fans/supporters, coaches and players are relying on stat sheets and ignoring the game itself. They're just a soft, jumpshooting team with a soft front line. They have been outmatched in this first two games, period. They can't guard any big men and they should be thankful Duncan can't even move side to side anymore. They won't even give the refs a reason to blow the whistle. They are going against a disciplined defensive unit and that pretty boy Hollywood **** hasn't worked so far. Leave the flopping and pump fakes in LA. Kobe shooting airballs again now (Bron shaking his head somewhere) because he can't get to the bucket. Radmonovic almost shot the Lakers out of game 2, just like Kobe did in game 1. The Celtics benefitted a lil from home cooking just like every team, but the bulk of it is style of play. It's only a debacle because the largest fanbase and everybody else who hates the Celtics, the most notorious complaining coach, and the whining superstar says it is.

Did you watch the game?

I have a question for you. Did you see the Turiaf foul after he blocked the shot, but landed on the guy? Foul called. Ok, that's fair.
Did you see the semi alley oop to Gasol where he somehow banked it in but was knocked in the front row by Garnett, no foul called. Ok.

What about the Kobe running left handed shot. Why did he shoot left handed, was it because his right arm was being pulled back?

Or the Farmar drive to the hoop where he was spun the f around and still NO FOUL called.

So I ask you, soft? Is that soft, or just calls not made?

Whatever the case, it is what it is. Lakers down 0 - 2. We can blame whoever we want, it doesn't matter, we know that. But just justify to me Leonfreaking Powe shooting more free throws then an entire team in a finals game. Imagine the backlash if Ronny Turiaf ever did the same thing.

But I guess in a 6 point game, a disparity of TWENTY EIGHT free throws doesn't matter. Because we were outhustled. Because of KG's"Passion", because of Peirce's greatness.

You're right, Lakers are soft. That's the reason for the loss.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

The debacle is that Laker fans/supporters, coaches and players are relying on stat sheets and ignoring the game itself. They're just a soft, jumpshooting team with a soft front line. They have been outmatched in this first two games, period. They can't guard any big men and they should be thankful Duncan can't even move side to side anymore. They won't even give the refs a reason to blow the whistle. They are going against a disciplined defensive unit and that pretty boy Hollywood **** hasn't worked so far. Leave the flopping and pump fakes in LA. Kobe shooting airballs again now (Bron shaking his head somewhere) because he can't get to the bucket. Radmonovic almost shot the Lakers out of game 2, just like Kobe did in game 1. The Celtics benefitted a lil from home cooking just like every team, but the bulk of it is style of play. It's only a debacle because the largest fanbase and everybody else who hates the Celtics, the most notorious complaining coach, and the whining superstar says it is.

Did you watch the game?

I have a question for you. Did you see the Turiaf foul after he blocked the shot, but landed on the guy? Foul called. Ok, that's fair.
Did you see the semi alley oop to Gasol where he somehow banked it in but was knocked in the front row by Garnett, no foul called. Ok.

What about the Kobe running left handed shot. Why did he shoot left handed, was it because his right arm was being pulled back?

Or the Farmar drive to the hoop where he was spun the f around and still NO FOUL called.

Whatever the case, it is what it is. Lakers down 0 - 2. We can blame whoever we want, it doesn't matter, we know that. But just justify to me Leon freaking Powe shooting more free throws then an entire team in a finals game. Imagine the backlash if Ronny Turiaf ever did the same thing.

But I guess in a 6 point game, a disparity of TWENTY EIGHT free throws doesn't matter. Because we were outhustled. Because of KG's "Passion", because of Peirce's greatness.

eyes.gif
CP...

Just stop. Nobody will listen to us.

All laker fans...just stop.

And every time I watch a game that ken mauer officiates, there are ALWAYS some really BAD calls.

Im not gonna go as far as to say the game was fixed, cause who will ever really know..

But those 2 things(Mauer/Powe) really stuck out to me.

This is why I find it so hard to watch the NBA. The refs have so much influence on the game, and can change the momentum either way with just one call. Noother sport is like that. And anybody who watches the NBA will agree. College basketball officiating is better than the NBA save for a few +*%#$+$+.

I like how they painted the halfcourt line over the trophy. Only took a %%$%%# up call to figure that out, huh?

Some of the supposed advantages the Lakers had over the Celtics going into this series simply have not come to fruition which is a big reason why the C'sare headed to LA up 2-0. Rondo it seems has outplayed Fisher. The Celtics bench has clearly outperformed the Lakers bench. The free disparity certainly helpedlast night but the Lakers pathetic defense, hustle and bench did them no favors.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Some of the supposed advantages the Lakers had over the Celtics going into this series simply have not come to fruition which is a big reason why the C's are headed to LA up 2-0. Rondo it seems has outplayed Fisher. The Celtics bench has clearly outperformed the Lakers bench. The free disparity certainly helped last night but the Lakers pathetic defense, hustle and bench did them no favors.

how do you play defense when you get fouls called on you every time? yea like how kobe was trying to play defense on ray allen but got 2 bs foul calls andanother bs offensive foul call, which i guess only the celtics can be physical but the lakers cant. i love how he got called for holding ray on his first foulwhen fighting through a screen though pierce didnt get called for !$*$ grabbing kobes jersey.

Originally Posted by PAsSback

Isnt it kinda weird that the night they have the Leon Powe halftime story, is the same night he goes off for 21 pts in 15 minutes(While gettin every call in his favor)?
6f6259ac8ee2845602014202af14a28f45f44fe.jpg

Did you watch the game?

Of course...without purple and gold shades on. Believe it or not, there were some non calls on the C's end too, but you didn't see those. Radmonovic's 5 step dunk (whatup Bron) and Fishers "steal" against Pierce accounted for 5 points in that final stretch run. 3 or 4"non-calls" does not explain a free throw disparity like that. At what point will the Lakers be held accountable for their poor defense, poorrebounding, lack of an inside game, and bad shooting? Forget free throws, how about Powe just straight killing the ENTIRE Lakers bench?

The Lakers are a soft, finesse team. They will get their calls in LA. Kobe will have the lil swag back. But you will probably never see a disparity likethat in the Lakers favor because of style of play, unless they find a way to play solid defense, penetrate the Celtics defense and keep them of the offensiveboards. There's enough the Lakers did wrong to go that ref route. And you can blame Kobe's demonstrative attitude with the refs as far as getting alil love. That call from the league office has already been made though. Lakers by 12 or 15 in game 3.

Yes we do have some fans that are just unbearable, but isn't that the same for every franchise? I have seen cav fans a heat fans that are the same way.

It seems to be no matter what happens we can't win. 38 to 10? How can we not have the right to complain? I could see if it was 20 to 38 or something...but 38 to 10!

But there are just simply way more Laker fans than any other basketball franchise. Similar to the Cubs and Yankees in baseball. It is what itis. When I talk to Laker fans, most of them ARE unbearable, not just a small amount. From your posts, you are in the minority. The disparity of ridiculousand objective on here is the same ratio I experience here in Chicago. So from MY experiences, what I said is very much true.

And as far as that free throw thing, I'm not saying don't complain because it does look terrible on paper. But don't make it seem as if the Lakerswere "cheated" out of the game.

the lakers are getting out played simple as that. its not over though i still have my horror stories known as the 06 finals.

Those exact examples of the Lakers going to rim and not getting a foul called (along with 2 other when Gasol had contact while going to the rim) should dismissall those saying the Lakers didnt get the calls because they took jump shots. Lakers led the Celtics in points in the paint in Game 2 and even the mediaoutside of L.A. is questioning the disparity in fouls.
And when Paul Pierce gets a legitimately fouled by Fisher in crunch time (when the Ref dont blow whistles...ask Brent Barry) yet its less severe contact thenKobe & Farmar getting their off hands yanked with no call...then you know it wasnt equal.

But call us whiners or crybabies but even the national media & the ABC announcers doing the game were questioning the Refs.

If Lakers get the same kind of treatment at home that the Celtics got then it equals out and Im sure the Celtic fans will complain like us Laker fans arecomplaining.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Those exact examples of the Lakers going to rim and not getting a foul called (along with 2 other when Gasol had contact while going to the rim) should dismiss all those saying the Lakers didnt get the calls because they took jump shots. Lakers led the Celtics in points in the paint in Game 2 and even the media outside of L.A. is questioning the disparity in fouls.
And when Paul Pierce gets a legitimately fouled by Fisher in crunch time (when the Ref dont blow whistles...ask Brent Barry) yet its less severe contact then Kobe & Farmar getting their off hands yanked with no call...then you know it wasnt equal.

But call us whiners or crybabies but even the national media & the ABC announcers doing the game were questioning the Refs.

If Lakers get the same kind of treatment at home that the Celtics got then it equals out and Im sure the Celtic fans will complain like us Laker fans are complaining.

I respect Mark Jackson as much as the next guy as a player, but as an analyst, trust me, you don't want to ever be sided with him. Not only is heincredibly aggravating when he's got that headset on, he says a bunch of +#$# that really just makes you wonder how salty he is.

Then you got Van Gundy talking about eliminating foul outs and stuff? I hope these morons are reading off a teleprompter or something.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I aint seen this much crying about officials since the 06 Finals, cause that was fixed too right ?

As a Mavs fan, I know how it feels to be screwed by refs in the Finals. I can feel the Lakers fans pain.

Originally Posted by CP1708

chitown4eva wrote:

The debacle is that Laker fans/supporters, coaches and players are relying on stat sheets and ignoring the game itself. They're just a soft, jumpshooting team with a soft front line. They have been outmatched in this first two games,
period. They can't guard any big men and they should be thankful Duncan can't even move side to side anymore. They won't even give the refs a
reason to blow the whistle. They are going against a disciplined defensive unit and that pretty boy Hollywood **** hasn't worked so far. Leave the
flopping and pump fakes in LA. Kobe shooting airballs again now (Bron shaking his head somewhere) because he can't get to the bucket. Radmonovic almost
shot the Lakers out of game 2, just like Kobe did in game 1. The Celtics benefitted a lil from home cooking just like every team, but the bulk of it is style
of play. It's only a debacle because the largest fanbase and everybody else who hates the Celtics, the most notorious complaining coach, and the whining
superstar says it is.

Did you watch the game?

Whatever the case, it is what it is. Lakers down 0 - 2. We can blame whoever we want, it doesn't matter, we know that. But just justify to me Leon
freaking Powe shooting more free throws then an entire team in a finals game. Imagine the backlash if Ronny Turiaf ever did the same thing.

But I guess in a 6 point game, a disparity of TWENTY EIGHT free throws doesn't matter. Because we were outhustled. Because of KG's
"Passion", because of Peirce's greatness.

eyes.gif

My sentiments exactly. We didn't play great, but I'll be damned if we couldn't win that game. Whatever, this is far from over. Game 3. Go Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom