..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Good win cubbies, avoid the sweep.
Going to wrigley with a winning raodtrip, a very good thing.
I watched the whole game and then my wife got in the mood and i missed the tenth inning. LOL, well worth it.

laugh.gif
im sure she wouldnt apppreciate that!! good win for the cubbiesthough!

Originally Posted by tylerdub

I watched the whole game and then my wife got in the mood and i missed the tenth inning. LOL, well worth it.

Don't lie, you probably only missed 1 out.
Gagne 2 for 2 in saves in NY.
eek.gif

Weeks and Kapler.
pimp.gif

Kapler and Kendall both having great seasons so far, 2 quality pick ups so far.

Tough loss today with Pujols resting. Glaus and Izturis sat as well, with Piniero pitching it was almost a guaranteed loss.
tired.gif

I thought the Cubbies would get swept for sure. Good to see them win another extra inning affair.

Out starting pitching has been horrendous...jesus...can someone please make it into the 6th inning???? WTH

^^^
starting pitching is gonna be a problem all year i feel. Lilly had a career year last year, and it wont happen again. Hill cant seem to get his head straight,i think he is too analytical, a head case like zambrano but in the opposite way. Big z looks okay. Marquis is typical Marquis. At least Lieber and Marshallhave looked good.
At least they are winning close and long games, and at least Lee has some early power.

glad we got an off day tomorrow...

starting a series with the scrubs Tuesday.
pimp.gif

we'll get the bats going and bring Ryan Dumpster back to earth.

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

Time to welcome Dusty Baker back to Wrigley..
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i wonder how that'll go.

aRog27 wrote:
starting a series with the scrubs Tuesday.
Now even wildKY is proceeding with the name calling....
eyes.gif

in true NL Central Thread fashion...just following my dude First Born's lead. don't go catching feelings though, it's all good. nowthat Zo's not here (thank God
wink.gif
) it's ALL love in this thread.

Ain't no love, you guys all suck.

Anyway I always felt bad for Dusty, feel like he didn't get a fair shake here and took too much of the blame. Hopefully Wrigley doesn't boo him, butyou know they will...

I dont have any feelings about dusty baker one way or the other. He will probably get booed for ruining Prior and woods arms. Lets face it though he isnt theworst manager ever and he certainly isn't the first one to go to a new club and not have tons of success. The bar just got set too high for him after hisfirst season with the Cubs.
All things considered the Cubs are better off with Sweet Lou.

I felt bad for Dusty when he got fired, but he really did lose control of that team towards the end.

He's the enemy now, so for that he gets boooed.

Congrats to Griff. Won't be long til 600.
pimp.gif

But could we maybe not help him along the rest of this series? Thanks.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom