..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Wind was blowing out last night too......

I hope Big Z has a great game. Looks like Soriano is headed on the 15 day DL.....

Originally Posted by aRog27

Wind was blowing out last night too......

I hope Big Z has a great game. Looks like Soriano is headed on the 15 day DL.....

Hope SORIANO can come back and get on track! Big Z should come through tonight... just keep the ball down and dont go insane if he gives up a HR!

why the $!%* wasn't Votto gaurding the line?
mad.gif

Sori needs to chill with the hopping-before-the-catch thing, he got injured on some Martin (or Bill?) Gramatica type stuff.

At least we get to see what Eric Patterson can do, he better not be anything like his big brother
indifferent.gif

WAINWRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid fox channel came back too late.........AAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

game over, no need to comment on this game anymore......the WHO?ers suck

I dont even need to say anything in here right now. This performance speaks for itself. The Cubs are whooping a sub par team just like they should.

that same manager has been to the world series, won 3 manager of the year awards, and almost took y'all to the world series.

HE ALMOST TOOK THE CUBS TO THE WORLD SERIES!

(i will refrain from calling y'all the scrubs until we have a better record)
ohwell.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
0299-0711-0618-3656_SM.jpg

d26351c4e806ba77f0bacbb5cc11d7e4d7d1e7e.jpg

EDIT*****************Finally got this pic off my girls camera phone
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Izzy........#%#??? as many saves at this dude has............he is far from a shut down closer.............Thank you albert.......for that VERY nicecatch as im typing this
grin.gif
grin.gif

I would like to thank Roy Oswalt for finally showing up this season.

Good thing Valverde didnt try to close the game tonight.

Should have had both these game
smh.gif

37942189.jpg

37944913.jpg

Zambrano Allows 2 runs, Gets 3 Hits, RBI as Cubs Maul Reds
Cubbies win 12-3

Derrek Lee homered, Carlos Zambrano pitched seven solid innings while helping himself with three hits and the Cubs jumped to an early leadWednesday night in beating the Cincinnati Reds 12-3.

The Cubs scored four runs in the first and six in the third to give Zambrano an early cushion on another blustery night at Wrigley Field with the wind gustingout at 20 mph.

Zambrano (2-1) allowed eight hits and two runs. Chicago, meanwhile, hit Josh Fogg (1-2) hard and sent the Reds and ex-Cubs manager Dusty Baker to their fifthstraight loss.

After Cincinnati's Adam Dunn hit a long homer in the eighth off reliever Kevin Hart, fans at the old neighborhood park not only threw one ball back -- asis a tradition -- they littered the field with 15 baseballs, momentarily halting play.

Chicago didn't miss leadoff hitter Alfonso Soriano, who went on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with a strained right calf, an injury he sustained inthe first inning of Tuesday night's 9-5 win when he caught a fly ball.

Bases-loaded doubles by Kosuke Fukudome in the first and Geovany Soto in the third were key hits Wednesday night. Zambrano had the third three-hit game of hiscareer -- two singles and a double -- and an RBI.

Lee, who entered batting .368, also collected two singles and a walk. He hit 22 homers a year ago -- but only one in the first month of 2007. He already hassix this season. His solo shot, his second homer in two nights, started the six-run third.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
D.Lee is rakin right now. He was obviously hurt last yeat, and dude looks back to form. Zambrano was terrific pitching and hitting. the offense needs to stepup a bit while Sori is gone, and they are already doing that.

Wainwright dominates Brewers

Righty picks ups second victory with eight innings, homer
By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

ST. LOUIS -- Adam Wainwright starred on the mound and at the plate as the Cardinals beat the Brewers, 5-4, at Busch Stadium on Wednesday night.
Wainwright breezed through 7 2/3 innings for his second win of the season, allowing two runs on five hits. He struck out six and walked two, needing 115 pitches to record 23 outs. The right-hander also bolstered himself with a solo home run, the third long ball of his career, as well as a single.

Albert Pujols' two-run double got the Cardinals on the board in the first, and Wainwright stretched the lead when he went deep in the second. Skip Schumaker hit his first home run of the year, also a solo shot, in the fifth inning.

Wainwright was perfect through 3 2/3 innings before allowing three straight singles and a run with two outs in the fourth. The second run against the right-hander was unearned, as Rickie Weeks walked, moved to third on a single and an error and scored on an infield grounder.

At 11-4, the Cardinals remain tied with Arizona for the best record in baseball. They lead the Cubs by 1 1/2 games in the National League Central. The Brewers fell into third place, 2 1/2 games back.

Matthew Leach is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Wainwright put it down tonight
pimp.gif
, damn cubs keep winning
smh.gif

^yea, tell me about it........I almost want the cubs to loose more than i want the cardinals to win
smile.gif
as long as we keep winning ill be ok, cant say iexpected much from this season soo its a pleasant surprise............Ill take some pics from the outfield next time im at a game..........Trying to get somecubs v cards tickets..Bleachers are $60 a piece for that game though..we`ll see

I almost want the cubs to loose more than i want the cardinals to win
Wow.....i hate the Cardinals, i mean I despise the ever holy hell out of them but, I want my team to win more than I want them to lose.

If its late in the season with the playoffs out of the question it's different, but to say something like that 2 weeks into the season is insane.

And its lose not loose, a nd capitalize that C in Cubs champ, thanks.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

^yea, tell me about it........I almost want the cubs to loose more than i want the cardinals to win
smile.gif
as long as we keep winning ill be ok, cant say i expected much from this season soo its a pleasant surprise............Ill take some pics from the outfield next time im at a game..........Trying to get some cubs v cards tickets..Bleachers are $60 a piece for that game though..we`ll see

Is that a White Sox fan in closet hiding form?
laugh.gif
Only the White Soxfans worry more about us and want us to lose before they want their own team to win!

For some reason, and this has been for a while now, probably started back in 97 when interleague play began, I somehow have more hatred towards the White Soxmainly because some....well most of their fans are horrible. They think that they know baseball smart/savvy than Cubs fans, and that the Cell is a realballpark.
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

1113447088450_W_Flag.jpg

wink.gif

Going for the sweep this after noon with a potential sweep this weekend. So far in this early season the cubs are beating who they should.

I also despise the Cardinals, I live in Bloomington so it is exactly halfway between Chicago and St. Louis. Lots of Cards fans around here and that bugs thecrap out of me. It almost drives me to the point of saying insane things like, I want the Cards to lose more than i want the cubs to win. Oh, wait, no itdoesn't. I will always cheer for my team more than I cheer against another team.

I will Be at both Saturday and Sundays game in Wrigley, hoping to see free extra inning baseball and a sweep.

Great win for the cubbies last night!!! i will be in attendance for todays game!! lets get this sweep... nothing like a cubs day game on a 65 degree day!

Back
Top Bottom