laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They come out the WOODWORK when they get the W
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wasnt even gonna comment on that loss either, tried to give yall a day off and yall didnt post anything after the game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sickickz23 was the only one
Dude, are you for real? You want us to post after all 162 games do you? Relax yourself man. Some of us have other threads we're working in,other things going on, we can't post after each and every game, win or lose. Oh, and just for that, you best be checkin in after every single Cardinalsloss so we don't have to expose you as some sh*^ talkin mark. Peace bru.

Great Sheets just left the game with soreness and tightness in his right bicep. He was pitching another gem too. 5 scoreless innings and only 60 pitches. Hopefully it's not serious but knowing Sheets it probably is.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Did anyone notice the lapse in comments when the cubs lost to the reds
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wasnt even gonna comment on that loss either, tried to give yall a day off and yall didnt post anything after the game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If you only knew how many times I talked about my team in a losing cause.Countless times.
embarassed.gif
The good def outweighs the bad, and I'm in a genuine happiness that myteam is winning so far.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Great Sheets just left the game with soreness and tightness in his right bicep. He was pitching another gem too. 5 scoreless innings and only 60 pitches. Hopefully it's not serious but knowing Sheets it probably is.
ohwell.gif

Sheets got that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood disease from 03-04.
laugh.gif
Hopefully it's not that bad from a player's standpoint, but from a Cubs/rival standpoint, YES!!!! Take as much time you need to rest andrecuperate.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude, are you for real? You want us to post after all 162 games do you? Relax yourself man. Some of us have other threads we're working in, other things going on, we can't post after each and every game, win or lose. Oh, and just for that, you best be checkin in after every single Cardinals loss so we don't have to expose you as some sh*^ talkin mark. Peace bru.

Uh huh.....ok.....you might not post after every game, only cause you wont win them all (obviously)......But i bet you come in talkin %@# if you get a winwont you???? I didnt say i wont do the same thing, its just funny how ALL the cub fans comment on the W, but just HAPPEN to be posting on other threads whenthey loose
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
..........Loosen up dude, its just a joke, its not that serious............Dont get your cubs printed panties in a bunch
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude, are you for real? You want us to post after all 162 games do you? Relax yourself man. Some of us have other threads we're working in, other things going on, we can't post after each and every game, win or lose. Oh, and just for that, you best be checkin in after every single Cardinals loss so we don't have to expose you as some sh*^ talkin mark. Peace bru.

Uh huh.....ok.....you might not post after every game, only cause you wont win them all (obviously)......But i bet you come in talkin %@# if you get a win wont you???? I didnt say i wont do the same thing, its just funny how ALL the cub fans comment on the W, but just HAPPEN to be posting on other threads when they loose
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
..........Loosen up dude, its just a joke, its not that serious............Dont get your cubs printed panties in a bunch
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

We lost...the @%#@ you want me to say???? Pitching sucked, hitting sucked....there, you happy? Now you can sleep better tonight knowing that I commented onyesterdays loss to the Reds. And I dont talk #@+% when my team wins. I simlply state the fact that my team won. I'm the most respectful dude in the worldman. Everyone else in here is a Cub hater and a #@+% talker....it's all in good fun, but #@+% gets old quick.

and for the record, I hope Sheets is ok, but if he's gone for the season, I won't shed a single tear. .

Originally Posted by aRog27

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Uh huh.....ok.....you might not post after every game, only cause you wont win them all (obviously)......But i bet you come in talkin %@# if you get a win wont you???? I didnt say i wont do the same thing, its just funny how ALL the cub fans comment on the W, but just HAPPEN to be posting on other threads when they loose
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

We lost...the @%#@ you want me to say???? Pitching sucked, hitting sucked....there, you happy? Now you can sleep better tonight knowing that I commented on yesterdays loss to the Reds. And I dont talk #@+% when my team wins. I simlply state the fact that my team won. I'm the most respectful dude in the world man. Everyone else in here is a Cub hater and a #@+% talker....it's all in good fun, but #@+% gets old quick.

and for the record, I hope Sheets is ok, but if he's gone for the season, I won't shed a single tear. .

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

pacmagic2002 wrote:

pacmagic2002 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Sure. Now all you gotta do is go back and find any of the sh*^ that I've talked after a win that is disrespectful to anyone, team or fan wise.

Or maybe you could go all the way back to when we were swept last year in the playoffs to Arizona on a Friday or Saturday night, and I didn't get to mywork computer til Monday morning but I came in, found the series thread and then proceeded to give props to Arizona and told everyone on this board that theywere the better team and beat us down like nothing and wished them luck in their next series.
Or how I didn't talk any sh*^ after we won the central last year, I just said we aren't done yet, we have work to do, nice season everyone, lookforward to seeing you guys next season.

But you probably don't wanna do that now do you?

Yeah, what I thought.

We all have our moments gettin on each other, ribbin people, makin fun of certain things. But do not select an entire fan base after one single solitary gameand start saying things are fact against all of us. I don't work like that. Would you enjoy it if I said all Cardinal fans were lumped in the same groupbecause of some stupid stuff that Zo has said or not said over the years? I don't think you would. So, now that we have that unpleasant business out ofthe way.

Wisconsin, what is the early word on Sheets? Just a minor thing, or could this linger and cause issues later? Sheets has been straight dealing this season, no question about it. Hope all is well. We were robbed of getting to see Prior and Wood for long periods oftime, so beleive me when I say I know how frustrating it is.

the cubs are absolutely shalaking the buc's right now!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
another W, 2 great wins in a row to build off offor Hill and Marquis!! GO CUBS!

Damn Pinero is completely worthless, this Cat is the 2007 Anthony Reyes for our rotation. Every time he starts we are guaranteed a loss.

ZERO PINIERO.......get rid of this dude....put ankiel in to pitch(on second thought, nevermind:)) dude was helping a lot more when he WASN'Tpitching.......damn any word on how mulder is doing???

Haven't been in this thread in a couple days.. and was doing some catch up reading.. and I must say, this thread is filled with comedy...

Anyways, good couple of wins for the cubbies.. we looked great on offense today..

lincecum2.jpg

Lincecum's winning groove continues
Giants Win 3-0

T. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals will be happy not to see Tim Lincecum again for the rest of the season.
The San Francisco Giants right-hander struck out 11 Cardinals in his last start and on Saturday afternoon tossed seven shutout innings against St. Louis asthe Giants defeated the Cardinals, 3-0, at Busch Stadium.

"He really pitched well," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "He used all his pitches today very well. He did a great job getting out of jams.He pitched very well in traffic today. He had to go through some tough hitters at times. Seven shutout innings against this ballclub is very good. It's animpressive job."

San Francisco (7-11) snapped a three-game losing streak.

"When Timmy's throwing, the way he competes, he just picks up the ballclub," Bochy said. "We needed somebody to stop the skid we were inand that's what it takes, somebody to go out on the mound and pitch the way he did."

In his last start, against the Cardinals on Sunday, Lincecum struck out 11 in six innings as he allowed two runs on six hits.

On Saturday, Lincecum (3-0) scattered six hits over seven innings, striking out five and walking three. Of his 95 pitches, 60 were strikes. He lowered hisERA from 2.25 to 1.57.

"Those guys were swinging early," Lincecum said. "I had to try to take advantage of it by keeping balls down in the zone and just trying toutilize all my other pitches, especially my changeup and my slider and then also my curveball later. My guys played great defense behind me, turning threedouble plays, so I can't ask for much more than that."
Cardinals outfielder Ryan Ludwick said that Lincecum was his Daddy for the day. The youngpitcher responded by laughing and wisking the reporter away.

38051523.jpg

Who Ordered the Beatdown?? Marquis Leads Way.

[color= rgb(51, 102, 255)]Cubs win 13-1

[/color]Cubs' manager Lou Piniella sermonized all spring about the importance of getting off to a good start.

Does an 11-6 record-which includes Sunday's 13-1 pasting of the Pirates and victories in 10 of the last 13 games-qualify?

Sure it does, especially in comparison to the Cubs' agonizing April in Piniella's first year.
Last April was so bad, players were wondering privately whether Piniella had lost touch. After the clubhouse finally got together, it took a furious finish(53-28) just to slip past the Brewers for the Central Division championship.

This April, things are serene.

"We're confident [after] last year," Derrek Lee said. "We have a year under our belt. We're all on the same page. Lou knows whathe's doing and we know what to expect from Lou."

Piniella has recognized it.

"This team is playing with more confidence," he said. "Last April, after a 96-loss season, I'm not so sure they thought they could win.After playing like we did from the first of June on, they're more confident and expect better results."

How, and by how much, are the Cubs better than last April? Let's take a look:

After 17 games last April, the Cubs were 7-10 and in fourth place;

•They won only 10 games all of last April;

•Last April, they were 4-9 at Wrigley Field, compared to 7-4 after Saturday.

Those are obvious statistics, but there also are subtle reminders of how much better the Cubs are this April. For instance:

•They already are 4-1 against left-handed starting pitchers, against whom they struggled last season when they were 19-24;

•They are 6-3 in games decided by one or two runs after a 1-9 start in that category a year ago, which included an 0-6 in one-run decisions.

"When you win close games, obviously your bullpen has a lot to do with it," Piniella said.

The bullpen is much more settled this April, especially with the almost-unhittable Carlos Marmol playing such a key role.

•Then there's the addition of Kosuke Fukudome, who has replaced the oft-injured Cliff Floyd in right field.

Last April, Floyd produced one homer, nine RBIs, nine runs scored, a .281 batting average and .305 on-base percentage.

In 17 big-league games, Fukudome has one homer, nine RBIs, 13 runs scored, a .317 batting average and .442 on-base percentage.

•Oh, and let's not forget about Lee, who gave the Cubs a 2-0, first-inning lead Saturday with a home run.

Derrek Lee is absolutely killin right now....

Originally Posted by sickickz23

laugh.gif
I guess you saved AM 1 FIEND the trouble by posting the Cardinals recap for him.

It's FIRST B0RN sickicks23, no need to acknowledge the current sn, and yeah thanks for the recap
sick.gif

You just had to get that last part in ? huh Wild KY ??
laugh.gif

Can I just say, this is the best baseball thread on Niketalk......hands down.

laugh.gif

No doubt, I can honestly say I could drink and party with everyone in here except that one cat I ignore, don't even know his sn anymore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

laugh.gif

No doubt, I can honestly say I could drink and party with everyone in here except that one cat I ignore, don't even know his sn anymore
laugh.gif

word. aRog...you knew that was coming.

nice.
pimp.gif

as for baseball goes...Friday night was the most boring game i've ever been to, Ben Sheets was on his game. TY, i was wondering why he came out,didn't know he was hurt. only highlight was the Brandon Phillips defensive clinic (i know y'all seen his web gems.) the homer that Billy Hall hit was
eek.gif
. dude just KILLS us.

today sucked too. i did get to finally see this guy throw:

his stuff is
eek.gif
. he pitched good, gave us a chance to win. Votto isplaying up to his expectations, that homer was clutch. Cordero finally got to come in and pitch, struck out the side. i knew we were done when David Weatherswalked the first two in the tenth, and of course, Bill Hall drove them in.
smh.gif
then Weathers acted like he was hurt.

it's killing me cuz we're getting real good pitching (esp. when before the season "experts" said we won't contend due to pitching) and wecan't hit worth a *+%#.

B. Philips was awesome Friday night. I indeed saw his highlites. He was great on my fantasy team last year.

Back
Top Bottom