..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Z was huge last night. I was right about the Dunn homerun thing, thankfully he hit it down 12 - 2.
happy.gif

I was going to mention Z before the game yesterday, but I remember posting for like a month last year saying come on Z, get this win man. And then he wouldstink up the joint. So this year I'll just wait til after he pitches before I offer encouragement.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aRog27

I almost want the cubs to loose more than i want the cardinals to win
Wow.....i hate the Cardinals, i mean I despise the ever holy hell out of them but, I want my team to win more than I want them to lose.

If its late in the season with the playoffs out of the question it's different, but to say something like that 2 weeks into the season is insane.

And its lose not loose, a nd capitalize that C in Cubs champ, thanks.

Naaaa....Im cool,i want the cards to win more than i want the cubs to loose.........Just trying to light a fire in here
smile.gif
It will makes the Cards V Cubsdiscussion a bit interesting when they play here in a week or two.
Why a capital c? When they win a world series(HELL EVEN MAKE IT TO THE WORLD SERIES),then ill give them the capital c as a sign of respect..............Unfortunately, i think i will have expired by then......
smile.gif

Junior, Votto (who's been killing lately,) and Eddie V.
pimp.gif

good win on the last day of the road trip like that.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

^ Oh so now you show your face
laugh.gif

roll.gif
I had nothing to say, your team embarrassed my team those first 2games.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
right..........build some momentum? off of one win??? c`mon, let get serious here

You can't build momentum off of one win? You guys beat us rather easily the first 2 games and had us shutout 0-3 in the 8th almost ready to sweep andwe come back to win it with our best player getting off his HR slump to win it. Why can't that be a momentum builder?

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

laugh.gif

roll.gif
I had nothing to say, your team embarrassed my team those first 2 games.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
right..........build some momentum? off of one win??? c`mon, let get serious here

You can't build momentum off of one win? You guys beat us rather easily the first 2 games and had us shutout 0-3 in the 8th almost ready to sweep and we come back to win it with our best player getting off his HR slump to win it. Why can't that be a momentum builder?

Not with your pitching staff you cant
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Aight im gonna quit haggling these guys, i still dontbelieve our team can keep this up no matter how much i love them.

HEY FIRST BORN, YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A WHITE PULLOVER JERSEY.......The majestic throwback jersey, i found the light blue one, but dont see the white oneanywhere.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

HEY FIRST BORN, YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A WHITE PULLOVER JERSEY.......The majestic throwback jersey, i found the light blue one, but dont see the white one anywhere.

I am not sure, I bought the Ozzie Smith one that Mitchell & Ness released a few years ago, most likely mlb.com will have it up soon.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

laugh.gif

roll.gif
I had nothing to say, your team embarrassed my team those first 2 games.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You can't build momentum off of one win? You guys beat us rather easily the first 2 games and had us shutout 0-3 in the 8th almost ready to sweep and we come back to win it with our best player getting off his HR slump to win it. Why can't that be a momentum builder?

Not with your pitching staff you cant
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Aight im gonna quit haggling these guys, i still dont believe our team can keep this up no matter how much i love them.

Our pitching staff is pretty nice actually and our 2nd best starting pitcher comes off the DL to pitch Sunday. Yeah I agree you should quit haggling, themore you do the more foolish you look.

Naaa........Im not gonna look foolish at all.......the who crew actually sucks more than the cubs historically....they have more championships than yall haveplayoff APPEARANCES
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now THAT is funny.

Apparently you grew up there, cause i just cant see what there is to like about a baseball team that a state hasnt seen in an october game since 1982, whenthey lost to
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
who???

oh yea, thats right.........the Saint Louis Cardinals

Naaa........Im not gonna look foolish at all.......the who crew actually sucks more than the cubs historically....they have more championships than yall have playoff APPEARANCES
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now THAT is funny.

Apparently you grew up there, cause i just cant see what there is to like about a baseball team that a state hasnt seen in an october game since 1982, when they lost to
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
who???

oh yea, thats right.........the Saint Louis Cardinals

torso.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

tongue.gif
Really wanted the sweep, but I'll take the series anyday. Goodstuff from that Commonwealth Edison guy.
roll.gif
Lilly showing some improvementfrom his last start, but that dreaded 4th inning keeps haunting him.

On a side note(and personal vent), I was listening to Sports Central on 720(cubs radio network)at 7pm and the guy was heated about Reds announcer MartyBrenamen (sp?). Wednesday's game btw the Cubs and the Reds a funny and strange incident happened...

"The strangest moment came in the Reds' eighth. Adam Dunn homered, and the ball cleared the right-field bleachers. A Wrigley Field tradition is tothrow the opponent's home run ball back, and someone threw a ball onto the field. Then another, and another, until there were 15 balls on the field. Thegame had to be delayed until all the balls were removed. "

I thought it was somewhat hilarious. Drunk comedy maybe, but as long as noone got hurt, no harm, right? Well this a hole Marty Brenaman bashed the bleacherbums and Cubs fans calling them "rude, obnoxious, drunks. and that's why noone like the Cubs anywhere else, they have the worst fans in baseball orone of the worst," Something like that nature. I didn't get to hear his exact comments. Again, I was quoting what the guy said on the radio show.Well, that got me
mad.gif
. It's one thing to bash the Cubs fans and call usnames, drunks, etc, But to call us one of the worst fans? %*$*@ please. We all know that Yankee fans have that beat by a mile. But Marty, if you want to gothere, just look at your own. Yea, look at most of the Reds fans at the game, listening on the radio, or tuning in to watch the game, and listening to your !%%speak. Most of those fans are just as bad imo if they support a cheater and gambler who broke not only the rules, but one of the most sacred rules and codesever broken. "Do not bet on baseball."

There, my vent is over, and now back to the NL Central Thread.
pimp.gif

By the way, AM that's one of the worst looking jerseys I've ever seen. It's hurting my eyes. Please take that out and don't ever post that picagain.
tongue.gif

This one however....
pimp.gif

f1bb_12.JPG

Originally Posted by sickickz23

On a side note(and personal vent), I was listening to Sports Central on 720(cubs radio network)at 7pm and the guy was heated about Reds announcer Marty Brenamen (sp?). Wednesday's game btw the Cubs and the Reds a funny and strange incident happened...

"The strangest moment came in the Reds' eighth. Adam Dunn homered, and the ball cleared the right-field bleachers. A Wrigley Field tradition is to throw the opponent's home run ball back, and someone threw a ball onto the field. Then another, and another, until there were 15 balls on the field. The game had to be delayed until all the balls were removed. "

I thought it was somewhat hilarious. Drunk comedy maybe, but as long as noone got hurt, no harm, right? Well this a hole Marty Brenaman bashed the bleacher bums and Cubs fans calling them "rude, obnoxious, drunks. and that's why noone like the Cubs anywhere else, they have the worst fans in baseball or one of the worst," Something like that nature. I didn't get to hear his exact comments. Again, I was quoting what the guy said on the radio show. Well, that got me
mad.gif
. It's one thing to bash the Cubs fans and call us names, drunks, etc, But to call us one of the worst fans? %*$*@ please. We all know that Yankee fans have that beat by a mile. But Marty, if you want to go there, just look at your own. Yea, look at most of the Reds fans at the game, listening on the radio, or tuning in to watch the game, and listening to your !%% speak. Most of those fans are just as bad imo if they support a cheater and gambler who broke not only the rules, but one of the most sacred rules and codes ever broken. "Do not bet on baseball."

i'm going to excuse your ignorance...Marty Brennaman is a legend. he just calls it like he sees it. he'd say the same thing if dumb Reds fansthrew 15 balls on the field and delayed the game. where's dmxfury
nerd.gif
, he'll tell ya. and what the hell does Pete Rose have to dowith anything?

I know I am late, but it was a tough one for the Birdnals yesterday. Still can't believe Prince, getting it done with a bloop shot and then his first bombof the year. Once Cesar came to bat in the 10th you gotta know it's over.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I understand your point here, but to me there is a bigdifference between a 2-1 series loss and a sweep. It's not momentum that will carry them until June or anything, but at least they salvaged something fromtheir trip to St. Louis.

I am too lazy to research, how many teams have yet to lose a series besides STL? Arizona?

wildKYcat wrote:
sickickz23 wrote:
On a side note(and personal vent), I was listening to Sports Central on 720(cubs radio network)at 7pm and the guy was heated about Reds announcer Marty Brenamen (sp?). Wednesday's game btw the Cubs and the Reds a funny and strange incident happened...

"The strangest moment came in the Reds' eighth. Adam Dunn homered, and the ball cleared the right-field bleachers. A Wrigley Field tradition is to throw the opponent's home run ball back, and someone threw a ball onto the field. Then another, and another, until there were 15 balls on the field. The game had to be delayed until all the balls were removed. "

I thought it was somewhat hilarious. Drunk comedy maybe, but as long as noone got hurt, no harm, right? Well this a hole Marty Brenaman bashed the bleacher bums and Cubs fans calling them "rude, obnoxious, drunks. and that's why noone like the Cubs anywhere else, they have the worst fans in baseball or one of the worst," Something like that nature. I didn't get to hear his exact comments. Again, I was quoting what the guy said on the radio show. Well, that got me
mad.gif
. It's one thing to bash the Cubs fans and call us names, drunks, etc, But to call us one of the worst fans? %*$*@ please. We all know that Yankee fans have that beat by a mile. But Marty, if you want to go there, just look at your own. Yea, look at most of the Reds fans at the game, listening on the radio, or tuning in to watch the game, and listening to your !%% speak. Most of those fans are just as bad imo if they support a cheater and gambler who broke not only the rules, but one of the most sacred rules and codes ever broken. "Do not bet on baseball."

i'm going to excuse your ignorance...Marty Brennaman is a legend. he just calls it like he sees it. he'd say the same thing if dumb Reds fans threw 15 balls on the field and delayed the game. where's dmxfury
nerd.gif
, he'll tell ya. and what the hell does Pete Rose have to do with anything?

If he is a legend, then he should know that ignorant fans who threw 15 balls onto the field should not be labeled and/or represented as all Cubsfans or associated with those drunks. Besides:

Harry Carey/Vin Scully/Jack Buck>>>>>Marty Breneman

My bad, I was using Pete Rose as a wrong reference. I wasn't knocking his talent to the game, but he still broke a major rule and a code in all of sports.If certain Pete Rose or Reds fans thinks that it's ok because he's Pete Rose, then what does that say for those fans? I can imagine the responses wouldbe if tomorrow, ESPN would report that Barry Bonds betted on games in the 2002 World Series.
laugh.gif

First of all good win by the Cubbies.

Secondly, Brenamen might be a legend but I thought throwing the 15 balls was funny as hell. Granted, it doesnt need to happen again, but it was hysterical. Adude threw a beer on a Pirate, not that's wrong.

Hey Brennamen......who you crappin....don't let me catch you in a dark alley.

[h1]Piniella responds to Brennaman[/h1]
Dave van Dyck, 12:15 p.m.

Cubs manager Lou Piniella said he did not hear comments made by Reds' Hall of Fame announcer Marty Brennaman, whomPiniella knows from their days in Cincinnati.

Brennaman called Wrigley Fieldfans "obnoxious" after they threw multiple balls from the stands onto the field Wednesday and said it was the type of action that "makes youwant to see this Chicago Cubs team lose."

"Marty's a Cincinnati guy, obviously he's rooting for the Reds," Piniella said. "But I don't think our fans areobnoxious. They get into the ballgame, they enjoy coming out to a ballgame and that's why they draw here the way they do. It's a fun environment andthey get into it.

"I like Marty Brennaman myself, I really do. I was over there for three years with him, but he's got nothing to do with the Cubswinning it or losing it, I can tell you that."

So I just heard the actual audio and towards the end of the clip Brennaman straight up talks %*!@ about the Cubs as a team, not just thefans. He says that we won't win the division because" we are the CUBS, we'll find a way to screw it up."

He's officially on my list ..................

Did anyone notice the lapse in comments when the cubs lost to the reds
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They come out the WOODWORK when they get the W
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wasnt even gonna comment on that loss either, tried to give yall a day off and yall didnt post anything after the game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sickickz23 was the only one

Back
Top Bottom