..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Looper got rocked today, this game is over
smh.gif

happy.gif

The Pittsburgh defense is laughable
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dempster gives up 3 in the 5th, cutting the lead to 5-3...and what do the Cubs do ?? score 5 in the bottom of the inning. Aramis just homered
happy.gif
happy.gif
roll.gif

Picture%2031%284%29.png

Griffey's walk-off gets it done in extras
Reds beat Milwaukee 4-3

CINCINNATI -- There's nothing like a clutch homer -- except maybe two of them.
Edwin Encarnacion and Paul Bako hit back-to-back solo homers in the bottom of the 10th inning, and Ken Griffey Jr. drove in Ryan Freel later in the frame asthe Reds came back to take the series finale against the Milwaukee Brewers, 4-3, on Sunday at Great American Ball Park.

Before Bako's shot, Encarnacion had been singlehandedly responsible for both of the Reds' runs, having hit another home in the bottom of thefifth.

Encarnacion had also been a party to the Brewers going ahead in the top of the 10th.

With two runners on, Encarnacion couldn't handle a Jason Kendall grounder, so instead of forcing out Gabe Gross at third base and having a chance toturn a double play and get out of the inning, Encarnacion's bungle allowed the go-ahead run to reach third.

Gross scored on the next batter when Jared Burton (1-1) threw a wild pitch.

Eric Gagne (1-1) was charged with the blown save and the loss for Milwaukee.

Righty Aaron Harang took the Reds deep into the game, lasting eight innings before coming out. Harang struck out eight, walked none and allowed four hits,yielding an earned run. Harang didn't figure into the decision on the rainy Sunday afternoon.

After J.J. Hardy's solo home run in the fourth inning put the Brewers ahead, 1-0, the Reds had a chance to tie in the bottom of the frame, but Adam Dunnwas thrown out at home plate, running from first on a Jeff Keppinger double that broke up Yovani Gallardo's no-hitter.

Gallardo exited after retiring the side in order in the bottom of the seventh, giving up just a run on four hits and three walks in his season debut aftercoming off the disabled list following surgery to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his right knee.

I'm still pissed at Brennaman, I hope he gets attacked by wild sparrows, but thanks for beating theBooooers.

BarryBonds.jpg

Offensive outburst gives Giants series
SF beats the Cardinals 8-2
T. LOUIS -- The San Francisco Giants arrived in St. Louis with a two-game losing streak and will leave with a two-game winning streak.
Every player in the starting lineup had a hit Sunday, led by Bengie Molina's three hits, and starter Jonathan Sanchez tossed five scoreless innings asthe Giants defeated the Cardinals, 8-2, at Busch Stadium.

San Francisco, which won the season series with St. Louis four games to three, improved to 8-11 on the season and will now head to Arizona for a two-gameseries. St. Louis fell to 12-7.

The Giants erupted for six runs in the third inning, with six consecutive hits against Cardinals starter Braden Looper. Fred Lewis and Jose Castillo startedit off with back-to-back singles. Then Ray Durham hit an RBI double and Bengie Molina followed with a two-run double. After Aaron Rowand's RBI single,rookie right fielder John Bowker blasted a two-run home run into the right-field seats.

It was the third home run in 18 at-bats for Bowker, who also has nine RBIs in his first seven games in the Major Leagues.

The Giants added two runs in the fourth after chasing Looper. Molina had an RBI single and Rowand followed with an RBI single to right.

naX9xcqo.jpg

Back to Back Beatdowns. Theriot, R. Johnson Set Pace For Sweep
Cubs Win 13-6 over Pittsburgh
CHICAGO --
The Cubs continued their mastery of the Pirates on Sunday, thanks in large part to big days at the plate from Ryan Theriot and Aramis Ramirez, in a 13-6 win atWrigley Field.
Chicago is now 6-0 against Pittsburgh this season after sweeping a second series in 12 days, and has won nine straight over the Bucs dating back to lastseason.

Theriot had four hits, including two doubles and two RBIs, while Ramirez contributed three hits and four RBIs, including his fourth homer of the season, atwo-run shot in the fifth.

Cubs starter Ryan Dempster improved to 3-0, although he labored through five innings to earn the win. At one point, he retired 11 straight batters beforenearly coughing up a 5-0 lead in the fifth.

Matt Murton and Derrek Lee also contributed two RBIs apiece. Every Cubs starter had at least one hit.

The Cubbies are absolutely ballin right now. I know it's early, the Brewers and Cardinals aren't close to deadyet, but man, without Soriano, the lineup is raking. Back to back 13 run games. Reed Johnson has been awesome and The-Riot had a huge game, 4-4, 2 doubles, 2singles, 2 RBI's, 3 runs, and a SB...wow

Originally Posted by aRog27

^^ I don't get it.....that girl in the white sweater is cute though.

Its called a Sarcastic laugh..........How bout i put it a way you can identify with....................Its like all the cubs fans from year to year saying"I think the cubs will take it this year" and half the room kinda gives a "HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA........ha ha" type laugh
wink.gif

The hell is it about the Giants that the cards cant get over?? I knew Pooper would come to his senses anyway
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Its called a Sarcastic laugh..........How bout i put it a way you can identify with....................Its like all the cubs fans from year to year saying "I think the cubs will take it this year" and half the room kinda gives a "HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA........ha ha" type laugh
wink.gif

The hell is it about the Giants that the cards cant get over?? I knew Pooper would come to his senses anyway
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Oh...it was sarcasm. I'm not quite sure what that is. I'll have to check my handy encyclopedia.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Its called a Sarcastic laugh..........How bout i put it a way you can identify with....................Its like all the cubs fans from year to year saying "I think the cubs will take it this year" and half the room kinda gives a "HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA........ha ha" type laugh
wink.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

EDIT..............Sorry folks......haha was supposed to be "They sure will"
happy.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
tired.gif

I don't know of a single Cub fan who expects to win a World Series. You have this delusion where all Cub fans are oblivious to all the losing. I am notcocky, and I don't talk down your teams. Yes, I think we have a good team, but you will never hear me say that I think this is our year.

You're kind of annoying bro........

I don't know of a single Cub fan who expects to win a World Series. You have this delusion where all Cub fans are oblivious to all the losing. I am not cocky, and I don't talk down your teams. Yes, I think we have a good team, but you will never hear me say that I think this is our year.

You're kind of annoying bro........

Well........When i said all.......I wasnt really talking about ALL Cubs fans, i was more/less talking about the cubs fans that DO say it.....Cause the 3cubs fans at my job have been saying it for the 3 years ive been working there, and I.T. Heads are DEFINITE baseball geeks, soo they are all into it.

Ill stop getting on yall soo hard.........I apologize............
Wisconsin4life
I hope you`re a packer fan......Thats the only post-season you will see for years to come in a division with the cubs and cardinals.....Maybe yallshould go back to the American League
EDIT: I couldnt help myself on that one...........Sorry Wisconsin
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom