..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Congrats to Lilly for finally getting his first win in a well deserving fashion. He earned it by every pitch thrown.

Cedeno with his first career GS. I'll have to admit that I haven't been saying anything positive about him, but it's refreshing to see that'she's finally hitting the ball. Happy for him and Lilly. A moral victory for those two.

A 7-1 homestand. First place. It's early, I know. But it sure does feels good. Life is good.

whitef~1.jpg

Yea, that sucks......At least we have the pirates the next 2 days, should be a pretty easy series to win

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Izzy blows a great comeback, so typical of that douche bag.

I like your avy when referring to Izzy.
roll.gif

Keep that bad boy handy for when I break out a Ryne Sandberg appreciation thread.
devil.gif
laugh.gif

^^^
Ryne sandberg makes me drool, so damn good!!!

Back to back sweeps feels great even if one of them is a two game series. This officialy proves to me that the cubs are the real deal, I may be early but i ambusting out the cubs Kool-aid.

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif

Keep that bad boy handy for when I break out a Ryne Sandberg appreciation thread.
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Sutters World Series Ring > Sandbergs existence

roll.gif
roll.gif

I can't wait until the Brewers hitters start getting hot. The fact that we're 12-8 with Fielder batting .250, Braun .247, Hardy .211, Weeks .192, Hall.185 and Hart .274 is crazy. Luckily Kendal and Kapler are tearing it up. Gwynn is coming off the DL tomorrow and Cameron comes back at the end of the month. Let's get those bats going boys. Going to the Brewers/Phillies game Thursday, good seats too, first game of the year.

I swear the way this season is looking right now......Both Wild card teams will be from the NL Central.

I usually wear a 3XL in jerseys......But i just got a Turn back the clock authentic jersey online for $125+ Shipping, but its a 56, do they fit big???

^^^
LOL at your avy. I still wear jerseys alot, but just baseball, and just the cubs. I am not really into throwbacks but i did get a mitchell and ness "69Banks jersey.
Oh yeah also the bears.

I hope soo, im 6`2, and the last jersey i tried on was a regular authentic jersey sz 56.......and it was one size too small.....maybe ig its too small i cansell it on craigslist or something.

I got it from a "Jersey store" that wanted $175 plus shipping, but they accepted my best offer for $125 + $7 shipping.........Its either i sell it,or i try to lose some weight soo i can fit it, lol
505150e9b3f0ccc64f62cd3612a89de575d27a7.jpg

3 game win streak
eek.gif
, and we beat Peavy, until we blew it then won it back.....man i hate our bullpen. At least Valverde came in and shut them down

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I swear the way this season is looking right now......Both Wild card teams will be from the NL Central.

I usually wear a 3XL in jerseys......But i just got a Turn back the clock authentic jersey online for $125+ Shipping, but its a 56, do they fit big???
Last time I checked, there's only one wild card team per League.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I swear dude, your sports knowledge (or lack thereof) is crazy.

HAHAHAHA.............I meant the wild card race will be between the 2nd snd 3rd place teams in the NL Central......Sorry, my mistake

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif

devil.gif
laugh.gif

Sutters World Series Ring > Sandbergs existence

roll.gif
roll.gif
Blashemey!! Sutter still gets the shakes when he hears "Ryno"
laugh.gif

Should be an interesting game tonight. Last years NL champs vs. this years. 9-11 rockies vs these red hot, 14-6, Cubbies.

Morales is probably in trouble tonight. He has a 6.6 ERA and a 1.67 WHIP. Plus he has given up 11 runs in 15 innings. Going against the super hot bats of theChicago cubs could be a problem for him. Plus it seems like someone showed the cubs how to take a few pitches and get some BB's. Maybe Fukudome is rubbingoff on them.
I am predicting lots of runs for the Cubs tonight.

EDIT:
10,000 wins for the Cubbies!!!!

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

I can't wait until the Brewers hitters start getting hot. The fact that we're 12-8 with Fielder batting .250, Braun .247, Hardy .211, Weeks .192, Hall .185 and Hart .274 is crazy. Luckily Kendal and Kapler are tearing it up. Gwynn is coming off the DL tomorrow and Cameron comes back at the end of the month. Let's get those bats going boys. Going to the Brewers/Phillies game Thursday, good seats too, first game of the year.

Did you happen to hear Colin Cowherd this morning?

Did anybody?

You won't like what he was saying, but I'll wait to see if you heard it first before I put it out there.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
f37uYocU.jpg

Walt Jocketty spent the previous 13 years as the general manager of the St. Louis Cardinals. (Al Behrman/AP)
[/td] [/tr][/table]
CINCINNATI -- When former Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty -- a friend of Reds owner Bob Castellini -- was brought into Cincinnati's front office this past winter, many perceived it as a clear sign that Reds GM Wayne Krivsky's job was in jeopardy.
Few expected a change would happen this soon. But Castellini ran out of patience and Krivsky ran out of time.

The Reds announced on Wednesday that Krivsky was out as GM and that Jocketty will take over as president of baseball operations and general manager.

Jocketty and Castellini are scheduled to hold a 4 p.m. ET press conference at Great American Ball Park.

"We had a lousy season last year and we're starting this season not very well," Castellini told MLB.com by phone. "We felt it was time for a change."

Krivsky was Castellini and the new ownership regime's first significant hire when he replaced Dan O'Brien on Feb. 8, 2006. Krivsky previously served as an assistant GM with the Twins for 11 years. He was in the last season of a three-year contract with Cincinnati.

The Reds went 80-82 in Krivsky's first season but slipped to 72-90 in 2007. This season, Cincinnati has a 9-12 record.

Castellini informed Krivsky of his decision on Wednesday morning.

"He gave us 110 percent," Castellini said. "He is an outstanding baseball man and it's difficult to lose somebody like him."

Krivsky drew praise quickly when he made shrewd acquisitions that brought in Brandon Phillips, Scott Hatteberg, Bronson Arroyo, David Ross and Josh Hamilton. But other efforts to turn the team into a quick contender backfired.

The most notorious trade occurred on July 13, 2006, when the Reds sent Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez to the Nationals in an eight-player deal that brought back Gary Majewski, Bill Bray, Royce Clayton, Brendan Harris and Daryl Thompson.

It was disclosed shortly after the trade that Majewski arrived with an injured shoulder, and he never fulfilled expectations. He and Bray are currently with Triple-A Louisville while Clayton and Harris are out of the organization. Thompson, with Double-A Chattanooga, is considered a rising prospect.

The signing of free agent reliever Mike Stanton to a two-year contract last year also didn't pan out. Stanton was released before this season opened and will be paid $3.5 million this year. Reliever Rheal Cormier ($2.5 million) was released early last season and infielder Juan Castro ($1.075 million) was designated for assignment on Monday.

Castellini said it wasn't absorbing contracts that got Krivsky dismissed.

"Frankly, I blame it on my own impatience," Castellini said. "I wouldn't say that it was a particular thing. We're not going to bat 1.000 [on acquisitions]. The results were not there."

Castellini said Jocketty was signed through the 2011 season.

Jocketty spent the previous 13 seasons as the Cardinals GM. They went to the postseason seven times and won the 2006 World Series during that time. Jocketty was named Major League Baseball's executive of the year by The Sporting News in 2000 and 2004 and by Baseball America in 2000.

In October, Jocketty and St. Louis mutually decided to part ways after a tumultuous 78-win season. He maintained a personal friendship with Castellini, who used to be a minority shareholder of the Cardinals.

On January 11, Jocketty was hired to be a special advisor who reported directly to Castellini. Although he made overtures that he wasn't interested in being a GM again right away, that's just what ended up happening on Wednesday.
Mark Sheldon is a reporter for MLB
Basically hearing that Krivsky couldn't get along with people and he wasn't a people person. Hopefully Jocketty won't ruin our farmsystem.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

I dont even know who Colin Cowturd is.

Oh, sorry. He the guy on ESPN radio after Mike and Mike. I know him from his days in Portland. Anyways, he was throwin out some numbers and was going inand out on the HGH stuff. He was showing the teams that were hitting under 250, back in 2000 there were just one, now there are 10 and he was mentioning theBrewers specifically as one of them. Not to make this a dear john letter, but he was basically implying that the trend of the teams that are struggling to hitis showing you signs of what they are now missing, as in HGH. You just happened to post yesterday about several hitters off to a slow start so I'm curiousif some of them truly will turn it around, or if there will be other issues. He also mentioned the Mets, who have a loaded lineup, but I think they only havelike 10 homeruns so far this season.
eek.gif

roll.gif
So because the Brewers hitters are starting slowly means they were allon HGH last year and not on it this year? Get outta here with that crap.

Back
Top Bottom