Official: 2008 WCF Game 5: Lakers vs. Spurs: It's OVER ! FINALS HERE WE COME ! BRING ON BOSTON !

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hey, Finals factoid to chew on (since no Finals thread can be made for awhile): if the Celtics make the Finals, look at the only 'Finals veterans':

- Kobe (3-1; beat the Pacers in '00, Sixers in '01, Nets in '02, lost to the Pistons in '04)
- Fish (3-1; beat the Pacers in '00, Sixers in '01, Nets in '02, lost to the Pistons in '04)
- Cassell (2-0; beat the Knicks in '94 and the Magic in '95)
- Posey (1-0; beat the Mavs with the cHeat in '06)
- Newble (0-1; lost to the Spurs last year)
- Pollard (0-1; lost to the Spurs last year)
- Walton (0-1; lost to the Pistons in '04)
- Scalabrine (0-2; lost to the Lakers in 02 and the Spurs in '03)

eek.gif
@ the battle that will ensue between former teammates Scot Pollard and Ira Newble, as both of them know that SOMEONE will be even at 1-1, and SOMEONE will be 0-2 in their Finals experience

Lakers Vs. Celtics is epic... i feel bad for the celtics undergoing 2 7 game series, they must be so tired
laugh.gif
and I have the STRONGEST feeling Detroit will pull this off to a game 7
roll.gif

Anyways, when Lakers lost to Suns 3-4, the last 4 minutes or so I was so upset i just laid on my bed, my friend came over and left when lakers lost cuz he knew i wasn't feelin anything... good to have a feeling of winning back and championship series back... it's been a long time
pimp.gif

I can still see Lamar not getting the rebound when he had position. I was yelling jump, jump; then it turned to NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! then
mad.gif
the rest will go unsaid. I can't get it out of my mind since; yet, this is the happiest I have been as a Laker fan since and a chip would really make the stomach feel right again.

Man I remember that 1st round heart break against the Suns in the 2006 playoffs.I went to game 4 when Kobe stuck the game tying and game winning daggers onthe Suns.I was so amped and beleived we would pull of the upset.Then on game 6 I saw the 1st half of that and saw that we were up on the Suns and thought forsure we we would move on for the battle of LA against the Clips that season.Thing was I missed the 2nd half of game 6 because I watched the 1st half at LAX andhad to catch my flight to Calgary for my cousins wedding that same night the following day.The next morning after I got into Calgary my cousin told me whatwent down how we were 1 rebound away and fk Tim "Contract Year" Thomas hit a 3 in last seconds to send the game into OT and well the rest I dont wantto talk about as we all know what happened after that.

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think a beatup Celtics or Pistons can beat them. But, I sure hope they do. Just being realistic from what Iveseen.

WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT WE DID TO THE DEFENDING CHAMPS!!!!!!!!...but detroit or bostons gonna be tough...i hope we can puLL of this amazing season with achip...GO LAKERS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by KOBE is the GOAT

I want boston to stumble so that there entire season was a waste
smile.gif
exactly what I was thinking. I want Detroit only because I want to see Boston fail
nerd.gif

but LA vs Boston would be the dream match up for many to watch

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think a beatup Celtics or Pistons can beat them. But, I sure hope they do. Just being realistic from what Ive seen.
I feel the same way. The Lakers are playing unbelievable basketball right now. I can't see them not winning the Finals if they continue to playlike they have been...as much as I don't want to admit it. They will be a PROBLEM since they're doing this without Bynum.
sick.gif
(not that he's a star, but he is definitely a key post presence)

but I want to see Boston win (only because of Powe, screw KG
laugh.gif
). I guessStern gave the orders so there's a good chance
laugh.gif

Spread was -8 if you bet the day before, and it was -7.5 if you bet a few hours before the game.

Good thing Sasha made that 3, I was so giddy I didn't lose my money.

First, big ups to the Spurs. They are one damn tough franchise.
pimp.gif

Good to be back in the finals, but we haven't done sh*^ yet. Throw that western conference trophy in the closet with the rest of em. We got work to do.

Sasha, I expect you to recieve a rather hard foul from the Spurs next season, and you will deserve it. I was hopin there was a Laker under the hoop whocould've KG'd it from the basket at the last second. Oh well, the kid is young, he was excited, he was stupid. He'll learn.

I hope the East goes 7, I'm deathly afraid of either team.
embarassed.gif

Since everyone else is chiming in, I want the Pistons.

Not because I think the Celtics are better.

Not because I think we matchup better with the Pistons.

None of that.

I just want revenge.
wink.gif

Down 3-2 to the Hornets, the Spurs needed to win at home and then on the road in order to advance, and they did just that. here's hoping the Pistons do thesame.

None of that.

I just want revenge.
wink.gif

Down 3-2 to the Hornets, the Spurs needed to win at home and then on the road in order to advance, and they did just that. here's hoping the Pistons do the
same.

I been telling people how I want the Lakers to stick it to the Pistons....it would be sweet.

I dont want the pistons, I think we could get over the Celtics but the Pistons would be a definite challenge. They would have homecourt advantage as wellright?

I want whoever. Pistons, for revenge or Celtics, they were the best this season. Either way....whoever has to go down in order to get the Chip is fine by me.Honestly the Lakers look pretty good against either team...if for nothing else Kobe is playing out of his mind. So it's whatever....might go crazy withthis long wait though.

None of that.

I just want revenge.
wink.gif

Down 3-2 to the Hornets, the Spurs needed to win at home and then on the road in order to advance, and they did just that. here's hoping the Pistons do the same.
I feel the same way

Kobe is finally playing without emotion.

In the past, you didn't know what to get with him. You could tell when he was purposely passing up shots and when he was purposely trying to do too much. Ithink he's finally found the happy medium.

I'm indifferent to whether the Lakers win or lose but as a fan of basketball, his game is enjoyable to watch.

Me and my boys were talking and we all want to play the pistons to get REVENGE.

I'm still bitter from losing to them in the Finals ( I lost a lot of money on that series too).

But somehow, I feel like we'll matchup better with the Celtics.

No matter, it will be special regardless which team we play..... play Pistons for revenge, or play the Celtics to revive an old rivalry.

to be the champs, you gotta beat the champs...
pimp.gif

much respect to the spurs.. 4 more wins and we get to party down here in socal... let's go lakers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Spread was -8 if you bet the day before, and it was -7.5 if you bet a few hours before the game.

Good thing Sasha made that 3, I was so giddy I didn't lose my money.
My boy bet when the line was at 8....

I cam through when the line dropped to 7.5.

Sasha was dumb as hell for taking the shot...but thanks. And the fans would have gotten tacos any way. All they have to do is win and keep the spurs under 100.so no matter what they woud have gotten tacos.

Now to the game. I am super happy. I so glad we won but like kobe said its not over. I don't believe the celtics are beat up at all. If they were beat upthey would have dropped game 5. I see them winning tonight and getting just about the same amount of rest as us. I hope pau steps his game up because perkinsmight just kill him with his size. If lamar is on KG, KG is going to go off. PP always does well vs the lakers and if ray allen finds his stroke we could be introuble. But our d as of late has been ok. We have this way of playing to the level of the competition so hopefully we do this with boston.

I got the next 3 weeks off...I am in full playoff mode.

LET'S GO LAKERS!

The great thing about the Lakers advancing, is that no matter who they play, there is history between them and either Boston or Detroit. Boston has the storiedhistory against the Lakers, while Detroit has the most recent upset in the NBA finals.

No matter who they play, it is going to be a great series.

I completely agree with Ska.

I want revenge as well.

As big of a dream Finals it would be to face the Celts, it would be just as good to face the Pistons and stick it to them.

Remember 89 and 04 folks. Remember it.

Back
Top Bottom