Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

damnit. my 2nd round pick too
frown.gif

I hope it's just sore or something and this is all precautionary. As long as he lets it heal, right?
ohwell.gif

At least Al Jefferson's Achilles tendon isn't reported as ruptured or something. Also, wouldn't they know that information right away? If it'storn or something, wouldn't the tendon just coil up in the back of the leg and you could see bulge out of the back of his leg? So they'd know rightaway, right? I'm also sure that they're going to take all the necessary steps to diagnose this. Take a CT scan or something, right?

I'm no doctor or anything so I'm just trying to find some sort of way to think this is not long term.
frown.gif

Damn Al Jefferson, could be one of those years for that Minny team ... injuries after injuries.

I had him last year, in fact I had: Amare (out for the yr), Al Jefferson (out for the year), Josh Howard (injury prone) - it was tough
frown.gif

I draft tonight, so I'll post my players later.

More Al Jefferson News

[h2]Kevin Love will undergo hand surgery today, and now Al Jefferson is out indefinitely because of his Achilles' tendon.[/h2]

Eight days before the Timberwolves kick off their 21st season at home against New Jersey, Minnesota tonight will play a preseason game in Denver with its twobiggest pieces facing uncertain futures -- short and long term -- because of injuries.

As expected, forward Kevin Love will undergo surgery today to repair the fractured fourth metacarpal bone in his left hand. He suffered the injury last weekendin Chicago and is expected to miss six to eight weeks.

But in a surprising development Monday, Al Jefferson did not practice because of a sore Achilles' tendon that caused him to play less than six minutes inthe second half Saturday at Milwaukee.

Wolves coach Kurt Rambis, growing tired of injury questions, did not elaborate much on either player's condition.

"I just deal with the players that are out there on the floor," he said. "If they're not out there, then that's the trainer and themedical staff's responsibility."

Love was not available for comment Monday. Jefferson, who was present Monday, left the Wolves practice facility without speaking to reporters.

Like it or not, Rambis now faces the reality that his two best players are either out (Love) or questionable for the time being (Jefferson).

Love's surgery, which will be performed today by Dr. Andrew Weiland of New York City's Hospital for Special Surgery, means the NBA's rookierebounding leader from a year ago (and ninth overall with 734 boards) could be sidelined up to the week before Christmas. The typical recovery time for thisprocedure is six to eight weeks.

"Kevin will have all the resources necessary here to help with his recuperation, and ideally he'll be back on the court closer to six weeks than eightweeks," said David Kahn, Wolves president of basketball operations. "Having said that, the most important thing is that his hand fully heals beforehe plays."

Jefferson, who missed the final 32 games last season after surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament, faces the unknown.

He traveled with the team to Denver on Monday, but Rambis did not sound optimistic about Jefferson's status.

"It all depends on ... the treatments and the medication and whatever they're doing for him," Rambis said. "It all depends how quickly itaffects it."

Rambis has coached this preseason using an almost to-the-minute scripted system of who plays when. That plan already was set to get torn up and reshuffledduring these final three preseason games to set a firm starting five and rotation schedule.

The question now is, who steps up?

"Everybody. Whoever's left," Rambis said. "Whether they are [ready] or they're not, they're going to be out there. We can try biggerlineups, we can roll smaller lineups or a combination thereof. Guys are just going to have to get up there, get their time, stand in there and play."

The two injuries -- particularly to Love -- are the latest setbacks in a rash of bad luck among high draft picks for the Wolves dating to Rashad McCants.

After being selected 14th overall in 2005, McCants was limited to 37 games in 2006-07 following microfracture surgery on his right knee. Randy Foye (stressreaction), Corey Brewer (torn ACL) and now Love have all been lost for significant time in their second seasons with the Wolves.

"I don't know, man. Everybody's joking like it's the second-year curse or something like that," Brewer said. "You know, it'sjust something that happens; it was a freak play the way [Love's injury] happened.

"As a team, we just have to hold together. We gotta play tough, scrap. Nothing's going to be given to us. We just have to play hard every night."

Rambis, who said he doesn't believe in "black cats and all of that kind of stuff" in regard to the second-year injury coincidence, was alreadyset to coach in a tough situation involving young players in a new system. That task has now become even more of a challenge.

"Timing-wise, rhythm-wise, all of that stuff with having guys out always has an impact on a team," Rambis said. "But other guys are going tohave to step up with more minutes and play better, play harder."

Note • The Wolves cut guards Devin Green and Mustafa Shakur.

Good looking out on the assessment Paul.
pimp.gif

But
smh.gif
tired.gif
on this Al Jefferson news. I used my first pick on dude, too.

Hope he gets better... one of my fave players to watch on the court.

If Love and Al Jeff are out for a bit, then now is the time to snatch up anybody you can on the Wolves. Somebody has to score points, get reboundsetc on that team so you're guaranteed for certain guys to get shots/minutes and what not to produce. If you have a bum rookie, or a guy that sits thebench, make the move to get any waiver wire Wolves you see. Then you can just dump em or sell high when Love and Jeff appear to be on their way back.

any open 12-man NT leagues on yahoo? id join a competitive one, pretty much active all season. post it here if anyones making one

other than bogut, and m. redd, who on the bucks is going to step up to replace richard jefferson?
IN a 12 team league. what round is nene drafted? i got him around 6 round. Is that too late to draft him?

Originally Posted by imrichboy

other than bogut, and m. redd, who on the bucks is going to step up to replace richard jefferson?
IN a 12 team league. what round is nene drafted? i got him around 6 round. Is that too late to draft him?

i'm in 2 leagues and he went in the 4th round for both. one's a keeper league though so that might have affected his draft position. both are 12 manleagues though.

Originally Posted by ExileUE

Originally Posted by imrichboy

i'm in 2 leagues and he went in the 4th round for both. one's a keeper league though so that might have affected his draft position. both are 12 man leagues though.
I drafted Nene, but it was in a 10-man league. I took him in the 5th round, 50th overall.

Originally Posted by parada45

Can someone post injuries to big name players?

I draft
  • Kevin Love - Targeting mid-December return
  • Robin Lopez - Targeting early December
  • Yao Ming - Out for season
  • Brandan Wright - Targeting February at the earliest
Other people aren't worth mentioning because they're Day-To-Day, Probable, or Questionable. Just scroll through the list below. It should helpyou.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/injuries.aspx?sport=NBA

Would you drop anybody? I need a PG and Johnny Flynn might be an option I'm looking at. Is Johnny Flynn worthy of the pick up?

BTW, it's a 10 team league.

2q8r05f.png

Just finished up my draft. Thoughts? 10 team league btw

Picks in order

Kobe (4th overall . Lbj. Cp3 and dwade first 3)
andre iguodala
Devin Harris
lamarcus aldridge
antawn Jamison
mehmet okur
Luis scola
eric Gordon
Richard Jefferson
Michael beasley
Nate Robinson
raymond Felton
al Thornton
drew gooden

thoughts on my team? i honestly think i did really bad...i was too busy doing my homework+yankees game.
smh.gif
smh.gif

PG: CP3
SG: OJ Mayo
G: D. Rose
SF: Paul Milsap
PF: Troy Murphy
F: Andrea Bargnanai
C:Shaq
C: J. oneal
BN: Nasty Nate
BN: Darko Milicic
BN: Jamal Crawford
BN: Peja
BN: Travis Outlaw
imo, lack of steals, blocks, and lots of TOs. solid in points, somewhat in assists, good in FG+FT%.

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Hedo Turk
G: Tony Parker
SG: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Zach Randolph
F: Thaddeus Young
C: Dwight Howard
C: Channing Frye
Util: Eric Gordon
Util: TJ Ford
BN: Richard Hamilton
BN: Aaron Brooks
BN: Tyreke Evans
BN: Hakim Warrick

I had 7th pick, overall I'm pretty happy with my draft.

Mad that I didn't get Luis Scola, Milsap or Murphy
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

thoughts on my team? i honestly think i did really bad...i was too busy doing my homework+yankees game.
smh.gif
smh.gif

PG: CP3
SG: OJ Mayo
G: D. Rose
SF: Paul Milsap
PF: Troy Murphy
F: Andrea Bargnanai
C:Shaq
C: J. oneal
BN: Nasty Nate
BN: Darko Milicic
BN: Jamal Crawford
BN: Peja
BN: Travis Outlaw
imo, lack of steals, blocks, and lots of TOs. solid in points, somewhat in assists, good in FG+FT%.
You stole a lot of the players I wanted to pick.
smh.gif

Thoughts on my team?

I had the 12th pick out of a 12 man league, kinda messed up my plans but I feel like I made out okay
ohwell.gif

v4osy9.jpg

I'm gonna need Jax and AI to actually play this season though
laugh.gif
I'm a little short on assists too
tired.gif
recommendations?

[h2]Cats' Bell may need wrist surgery[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte Bobcats starting shooting guard Raja Bell has a partially torn ligament in his left wrist and will soon decide whether to have surgery which would sideline him up to four months.

The severity of Bell's injury, announced after he sat out Charlotte's 94-87 exhibition win over Milwaukee on Tuesday, is a major blow for the Bobcats, who could be without their best defensive player and team leader.

49.jpg

Bell

Bell was injured when his wrist bent awkwardly as he tried to grab a loose ball in Sunday's game against Utah.

"The way I understand it, surgery would be 6-8 [weeks] in a cast with pins and then 6-8 [weeks] worth of rehab," Bell said.

There's a chance Bell could play through the injury by going through a rigorous treatment process, but Bell said he won't decide until he gets a second opinion.

"It's pretty disappointing to me," Bell said. "I was looking forward to coming in and having a good season and being as healthy as I could be to start the season. In that regard, it's a big setback for me personally."

If Bell is lost for a lengthy period, it might be difficult for the Bobcats to improve on last season's 35-47 record and reach the playoffs for the first time. The Bobcats, who acquired Bell in a trade from Phoenix last year, faded from playoff contention when Bell was sidelined with minor injuries late last season.

"I think we're not as discouraged as this thing might sound," coach Larry Brown said. "We'll see what happens in the next few days and then we'll be able to make a better decision on what the prognosis is and what the treatment will be."

The Bobcats started 6-foot .J. Augustin in Bell's place Tuesday and he scored 15 points. But pairing him in small backcourt with 6-1 point guard Raymond Felton won't always work. The Bobcats would then turn to rookie Gerald Henderson, the 12th pick in the draft, and veteran Flip Murray, who is currently sidelined with a shin injury.

Henderson said he had a similar injury at Duke and decided to wait on the surgery. But Henderson acknowledged the pain was intense and the college season is much shorter.

"It'll be something he'll have to decide on," Henderson said.

Bell immediately had an X-ray on Sunday, which was negative. But tests Tuesday revealed the ligament tear.

"We're going to try to figure out what the best course of action is for me personally," Bell said. "But obviously I've got a responsibility to the Bobcats. You want to find a situation that works for everybody and nobody gets shortchanged."

roll.gif

Serves him right
pimp.gif
. Who else picked up DJ Augustin? I picked him withmy very last pick, but hes in my second league and so far I think my second league is a little iffy.

Back
Top Bottom