OFFICIAL 2009-2010 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD - (10-6) - Ravens @ Patriots - Wild Card

DSK aka iLLoQuent wrote:
DB's are gonna have to step it the hell up tho'...gotta make stops on 3rd and long, which they've struggled with.

If it's a shootout, high-scoring type of game...they're gonna win.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

the offense for some ******ed reason stopped doing what worked the ENTIRE game and switched to this pathetic conservative clock killing douchebaggery
That had me
smh.gif
as well. Just a bunch of dumb +!!@ on our end the entire 2nd half...at no point in the game was I feeling confident with the leadbecause of who we were facing and the tendency of these guys to allow long drives for scores. And to top it off, the entire last two minutes I thought we wereup by 7 and not 6...so imagine my reaction seeing the graphic saying the game was "final" and everyone walking off the field.
indifferent.gif
Before that I was like "okay, let's get the ball in OT andfinish this"............................then I saw it was 35-34, not tied at 34.

Only positive thing that could come from this is (hopefully) it motivates ALL these dudes to step it the !%+@ up and get back to that '07 ruthlessness theycarried...

cincy loses.
pitt loses.
denver loses.

at 7-3, the patriots are in a tie for the 2 seed. i'll take my chances as a two seed and going to indy for the afc championship. we just need to keep itup. i think we can beat the saints. after that, we just need to play our game.

Saturday, November 28, 2009
[table][tr][td]NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (7-3)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Taylor, Fred[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Ankle (Did Not Participate)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Doubtful[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Questionable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aiken, Sam[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Hip (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alexander, Eric[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Groin (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baker, Chris[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Shoulder (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Banta-Cain, Tully[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Groin (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brace, Ron[/td] [td]NT[/td] [td]Ankle (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chung, Pat[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Head (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Edelman, Julian[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Forearm (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Green, Jarvis[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kaczur, Nick[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]Ankle (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Koppen, Dan[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Light, Matt[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Morris, Sammy[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Neal, Stephen[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Head (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ninkovich, Rob[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vollmer, Sebastian[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]Head (Did Not Participate)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Warren, Ty[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Ankle (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Woods, Pierre[/td] [td]OLB[/td] [td]Groin (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Probable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brady, Tom[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Right Shoulder (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Springs, Shawn[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Knee (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Watson, Benjamin[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Back (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (10-0)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Doubtful[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Moore, Lance[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Ankle (Did Not Participate)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Porter, Tracy[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Knee (Did Not Participate)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Questionable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bush, Reggie[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gay, Randall[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Goodwin, Jonathan[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Ankle (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Greer, Jabari[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Groin (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]McCray, Bobby[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Knee/Back (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vilma, Jon[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Knee (Limited Participation)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Probable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nicks, Carl[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Illness (Full Participation)[/td] [/tr][/table]

not much to say. we were just flat out embarrassed. we started off so well. then god knows what happened.

defense was garbage. brady was off all night. not even close. team loss. horrible.

much props to the saints...drew brees and company absolutely dominated. it was painful and amazing to watch.

ugh.

we're not even a legit playoff team. can't win on the road. can't win a big game. frustrating.

sometimes i think we try and get too cute on offense and get away from what works. but it doesn't matter when you're defense cant even hold a glass ofwater to save it's life.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

we're not even a legit playoff team. can't win on the road. can't win a big game. frustrating.

sometimes i think we try and get too cute on offense and get away from what works. but it doesn't matter when you're defense cant even hold a glass of water to save it's life.
I agree man.

The Patriots of this year are not an elite NFL team.

Like I said in the game thread, hopefully this is the catalyst for the front office to spend [color= rgb(0, 102, 51)]$$$[/color] on quality defensive players instead of going for the "diamond in the rough" cheap veteranguys they go for every offseason.

We need playmakers on defense. This game made me miss having Asante back there.
tired.gif

Pats should beat Miami next week but it really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Any chance Charlie comes back as OC since he was just let go? We should look into that...
nerd.gif

dude i would LOVE to have charlie back as the OC. o'brien is a moron...i can't stand our playcalling this year.

we need some serious pass rushing... these elite QBs just torch us whenever we want. no pressure.....

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

we need some serious pass rushing... these elite QBs just torch us whenever we want. no pressure.....
absolutely, man. they have ALL day to let their WRs get open. then throw in our c grade secondary and it's a wrap.

the OTHER thing i don't get...why do we continue to run routes short of the sticks on 3rd down?!?!?! i just don't get it. there was one 3rd down where2 of the receivers were on routes that took them short of the markers. horrendous play calling.

unbelievable.

we had that game. we are officially the WORST 2nd half team in football. in fact, we get progressively worse as the game goes on. it's ridiculous.

- this dude o'brien, the qb coach who also calls our offensive plays, is a moron. someone fire this guy. i'd rather have throw a dart at a chart fullof plays and have that decide what play we're running. this guy has KILLED us all year long with his worthless play calling. there's no creativity, noadaptation. running on 3rd and 6? constant handoffs to the upback out of the power i on 3rd and short/4th down situations? jeezus...even my mom knows what playis coming. someone can this dude.
- wes welker...the LONE bright spot in our offense this year
- this defense is just trash...no one can cover, no one wants to cover, and no one can generate pressure on opposing QBs.
- ben watson...why don't we throw his way more? he's open quite a bit.
- randy moss...dude is amazing and all, and he draws double teams...but damn, why does brady feel the need to force the ball to him habitually? i hope it'smore because of brady's boneheadedness than some sort of need to get moss the ball even when theres no play there.
- 60 minutes....not opening drive. not 1 quarter. 60 god damn minutes....why is it so hard to play 60 minutes?
- this is a mediocre football team at best. you just let 4 other teams who were "in the hunt" back into the wildcard picture...great job douches

i'm fuming.

Man i just picked up 4 tickets to the Jags game, my first Gillette Stadium game. I WAS excited...its dropped a little..
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

bjm...at least you know that game will be a must win, now. should be a good atmosphere...hopefully we show up to play

Heard on the radio that Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Gary Guyton and Derrick Burgess were sent home after showing up late today for their 8 AM meeting.

Back
Top Bottom