OFFICIAL 2009-2010 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD - (10-6) - Ravens @ Patriots - Wild Card

dsk - shawn merriman? good lord. would he even want to play for us?
laugh.gif

proshares - yeah dude. i hate it. why mess up our chi? send the jets to london
laugh.gif

Hey, one roid head from SD already enjoyed success with you guys...

They might not let Sanchez on the plane back home if he throws 5 more picks.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

dsk - shawn merriman? good lord. would he even want to play for us?
laugh.gif
Yeah I think that writer was just making up @%@! and throwing it out there...S-Jax was also mentioned but his salary is too high and who knowswhat it'd take to get him. Although it's not like the Patriots are short on draft picks.
laugh.gif

I think it's crucial to have that 3rd wide receiver Tom can depend on in case Welker and Moss are covered. Gaffney did a good job for us, his loss hurt abit more than a lot of us thought it would.

word. another WR would be nice.

btw...brandon tate eligible to return from the PUP list now. thats what dale and holley said, at least. not sure what shape he's in

julian edelman has a broken arm
mad.gif

Updated: October 21, 2009, 12:53 PM ET

[h2]Thomas addresses recent deactivation[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Mike Reiss
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Linebacker Adalius Thomas, speaking publicly Wednesday for the first time since he was a healthy scratch in the Patriots' 59-0 win over the Titans, said he was surprised by the decision and has not spoken with coach Bill Belichick about the reason for his deactivation.

Asked if the decision fires him up, Thomas said, "I don't need something like this to fire me up. This isn't Kindergarten. I don't play [those] games."

[h4]Patriots blog[/h4]
reiss_mike_m.jpg
ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss covers the New England Patriots in his blog. You can send questions and comments to his mailbag.

ESPNBoston.com

Thomas' answers were short and to the point. He appeared upset.

Thomas said he found out about the deactivation from linebackers coach Matt Patricia the morning of the game. He didn't want to re-live the experience when asked to review how he found out.

"That's over with, last Sunday is done," he said. "Let's move on to Tampa. It's bigger than me. These guys had a great game. We're trying to overshadow it by what happened to one person. No one person is bigger than the game. No one person is bigger than the team. I don't want to make it seem like it's about me, because it's not about me.

"Bill makes the decision. It is what it is, whether you like it or not, and I live with it."

When asked if he was given a reason for the decision, Thomas said, "Ask Bill. He has all the answers."

Asked if he felt his situation with the team could go forward productively, Thomas said, "I come to work every day, be a professional, do my job, and do what I'm asked to do."

Asked if he was still happy in New England, Thomas said: "I'm fine."

Thomas seemed to respect that reporters were asking questions about his situation, but shortly into the interview, he asked to change the topic.

"It's bigger than me," he said. "We went out, we had a good game, we won as a team, it was a great performance, the best game so far. So we're moving on to Tampa."

Mike Reiss covers the Patriots for ESPNBoston.com.

Heard on 98.5 that Terrence Nunn is most likely going to brought up from the Practice Squad. He had a pretty solid pre-season, not sure what kind of burnhe'll get though, although with Edelman out and with Tampa on deck seems like a logical spot to get some PT.

word. im hoping we get to see some of brandon tate...not sure if hes ready to return just yet tho

elijahdukes what r u talkin about fam? u asked thinking he rock nikes but not sure....his pe's show he w. nike. see? as far as we know he there unless hiswoman beating allegations the other season went against him. if u never saw his pes i dropped one for u. relax.

neways, classic quote by Thomas Edward to a British reporter, "I got drafted by the Patriots almost 10 years ago and to me, it's the best organizationin the NFL. Believe me, every time I take the field, it's an honor for me. It's a privilege to play for this team. Hopefully I always do it with thesame type of competitiveness and the same type of leadership. It's not something I take very lightly at all. There's only a couple really importantthings in my life and this is right at the top of the list. Football is not something you can go at 70 or 80 percent. You're either in it all the way oryou're not going to last very long. I learned that lesson early and I'd love to keep playing quarterback for the Patriots for as long as I can." -the goat

good win. that went pretty much as expected, i guess.

tully banta cain and meriweather on defense played great today. tully was always getting into the tampa backfield. meriweather with the two INTs and TD. thedefense overall played great. granted they faced a young QB, they kept him and the tampa rushing game in check. they never really got any momentum going.

offense looked great on paper, but damn they were sloppy. brady made a couple poor choices on his INTs. the penalties by the offensive line were ridiculous. itwas false start and false start. but they put up 4 TDs so you can't complain too much. wes welker was great today, as usual. maroney still sucks. and benwatson made a nice cameo this afternoon with his TD.

im wondering what the deal with moss is. looked like he was in deep thought or pain on the sideline after he dropped that ball. hope it's not an injury.

im wondering what the deal with moss is. looked like he was in deep thought or pain on the sideline after he dropped that ball. hope it's not an injury.
I think they said Moss was limping around...shouldn't be anything bad though, he came in for a play and caught a ball...then went back to thesidelines.

offense looked great on paper, but damn they were sloppy. brady made a couple poor choices on his INTs. the penalties by the offensive line were ridiculous. it was false start and false start. but they put up 4 TDs so you can't complain too much.
Yeah, they can get away with stuff like that because they're playing the Bucs...but when they play the elite NFL teams, mistakes like thatcould cost you games. Still nice to put up 35 points.

Bye week and then on to play the Wildcats Dolphins...the extra week will help them prepare for it but Idon't see them shutting them down or anything like that...you know the Dolphins will look to have long, time consuming drives to tire out the defense andkeep Brady off the field.

thank god the bye week is gone.

cant wait for tomorrow.

lets please shut the wildcat down and have our aerial attack in top form

that went pretty much as expected. i knew we wouldnt blow em out.

the offense struggled to get 6 pretty much throughout the game. moss with the YAC was good to see. suprised we didnt use welker more. maroney started off realwell but then tailed off a bit. brady coming up short of the deep ball again today. really just needs to try and over throw moss...let him catch up to it.

the defense wasn't bad. they got burned on that one big drive where the wildcat made them look foolish. other than that it was pretty good.

hopefully we can sharpen it up next week. can't beat the colts with fgs.

The Colts defense is soooooooooo ravaged right now... I expect NE to give them their first loss.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

The Colts defense is soooooooooo ravaged right now... I expect NE to give them their first loss.
yeah. me too.

btw...you see your boy chung get that sack today? the bar went nuts when he came thru and took henne down
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

yeah. me too.

btw...you see your boy chung get that sack today? the bar went nuts when he came thru and took henne down
laugh.gif

You know it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not that it really made a difference, but it looked to me like the refs got it right when they left that second on the clock at the end of the 1st half.

^ yeah i saw some of the miami fans complaining about it but it seemed fine. not sure what they (finns) were pms'ing about
laugh.gif

word. hes been pretty good so far...hopefully he just doesnt let clark behind him

As the days progress, I'm feeling more confident about the Pats chances this game. DB's are gonna have to step it the hell up tho'...gotta makestops on 3rd and long, which they've struggled with.

Peyton isn't gonna get pressured that often but they gotta find some way to disrupt him and get him on those happy feet of his. If it's a shootout,high-scoring type of game...they're gonna win.

Maroney gotta run like he did last week too...Brady can't be throwing the ball 40-50 times.

that's almost as tough a loss as i've ever seen.

aside from the bonehead decision to go for it on 4th down from our own 29...we basically played 50 minutes of football. the last 10 minutes, our defense wasdead. the offense was lost. and the coaching was horrendous. that WAS a team loss. the defense played great for 3 quarters...and then whether it was just amatter of being gassed or whatever, they died on us. the offense for some ******ed reason stopped doing what worked the ENTIRE game and switched to thispathetic conservative clock killing douchebaggery which couldn't move the ball at all. and between the wasted timeouts and playcalling blunder(s), thecoaching staff let us down. the ONE area where we had the CLEAR ADVANTAGE let us down. complete team loss and complete EPIC FAILURE.

and let's forget about how dumb a call it was to go for it on 4th for just a second...OK, bill, i can sorta understand what you're trying to do. 2yards, no biggie, lets just get it and end this thing, right? fine. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PLAY WAS THAT AND PLEASE TELL ME IT WAS THAT MORON O'BRIEN THATDREW IT UP. why not run a quick slant to moss? why not run welker on a drag or curl or ANYTHING. and most of all...why pick a play where a likely target'sroute takes him short of the marker?!?!

instead of celebrating a win and bashing maroney for almost fumbling away a victory, we're stuck with a loss because of an absolute meltdown. between thatfumble and the phantom PI on the colts 4th TD drive we were STILL in a good position to win. unbelievable.

i would HATE to be the jets next week. they have to face a humiliated/pissed belichick, a defense that basically got slapped in the face by their own coach inprime time, and an offense that knows 35 points isn't good enough to win.

*steps off soap box*

Back
Top Bottom