Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

I can see this one going 7. Should be a good series no matter what.

Lets go Angels.

pimp.gif

Swisher is the type of guy who makes good teams better. He keeps a club house loose. Damon does too. Its just has greater affect with Alex saying Forget whatpeople think, stoped trying to be the leader getting behind Jeter.

As a baseball fan. Its the Yankees year. Philly is gone be a tough matchup if they get past the Dodgers.

Angels fans on here for the most part aren't a-holes so I can't really talk that much !%$%
laugh.gif

Yanks in 7.

I don't like the fact that Lackey looked so good against Boston. Who is the fourth starter after Kaz, Ervin?

We need to get to that suspect bullpen as early as possible. Also need to make every game a 6 inning game (although Hughes has looked a little shaky so far).

Hopefully it's a great series.

Abreu said he's been "waiting for this all year".
grin.gif

I hope he resumes his great defensive play in RF of Yankee Stadium these first 2 games.

i hit my post count otherwise i woulda been on the 1st page
mad.gif

anyway...this is going to be a good series but one thing the Yankees proved in the last series against the Angels is that they can beat them, and beat them inAnahiem. Yankees in 5 or 6.

Originally Posted by Raffy53

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by yankeesfan0130

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by Raffy53

I know deep down inside the yanks regret letting him go for that type of money.

laugh.gif
Not really...
true.. worked out well for both teams. yanks got tex, we got bobby.. now we'll face each other in the alcs

im happy we got rid of bobby.he was a trouble maker in the club house.and was a bad influence to melky.thats why melky did so bad last year.

we should of kept sheffield and not bobby back then

Huh? Where did you hear this?

*%! where did you get that news from??
In the end I think the angels got the better end of the deal Considering that Vlad was out for some time and that he Yanks where already getting some extra pop from other players Without Tex (Damon Tying a Career high 24 HRs)

just because they didnt announce it on t.v doesnt mean it wasnt true. you could tell by players body langueges.
the yankee team THIS YEAR is more loose

Originally Posted by yankeesfan0130

just because they didnt announce it on t.v doesnt mean it wasnt true. you could tell by players body langueges.
the yankee team THIS YEAR is more loose
So you inferred that Bobby was a troublemaker, was a bad influence to Melky, and Melky had a bad year because of Bobby............from a few 6-7second shots of the clubhouse during some games?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

How you know all that off of body language?

Sounds like you've been watching too much of this show, G

lie-to-me_tv.jpg

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Only thing you're right about is that this year's team is more relaxed and loose than previous years...having guys like Swisher and Burnett is big inregards to that.

^
laugh.gif
Homey is definitely reaching with that. If anything, Bobby made Melky (along with other Yankees) more disciplined of a hitter similar to how he'sdone the same with the Angels. The best part is saying we should have kept Sheff instead of picking Abreu up.
roll.gif
roll.gif
THAT was a guy who was a cancerin the locker room.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Angels fans on here for the most part aren't a-holes so I can't really talk that much !%$%
laugh.gif

Yanks in 7.

I don't like the fact that Lackey looked so good against Boston. Who is the fourth starter after Kaz, Ervin?

We need to get to that suspect bullpen as early as possible. Also need to make every game a 6 inning game (although Hughes has looked a little shaky so far).

Hopefully it's a great series.

Saunders. Santana will be used in the bullpen.

Originally Posted by bkmac

I hope he resumes his great defensive play in RF of Yankee Stadium these first 2 games.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i forgot bobby was terrified of the wall

dude was a good player for the yanks, got nothing bad to say about the guy.

I liked Abreu on the Yanks. But hated him in the outfield.

Son dodged the wall like it was the bubonic plague.

Abreu didnt live up to the hype in NY he wont live up to it playing them. If you guys are hoping for Abreu to be your hero keep dreaming. The guy has one footin the baseball grave.

For all you Yanks fans "nervous" are you kidding me? All we have to do is execute and we are the best team in baseball by far. With that 1.92 ERAlast series are pitching is golden all we need is a few more bats other than AROD (boy that sounds weird in October) And we will be waiting for the NL winnerin 6 games.

YANKS IN 6!

Only thing you're right about is that this year's team is more relaxed and loose than previous years...having guys like Swisher and Burnett is big in regards to that.

...and Tex, dude has kept him in check.

For all you Yanks fans "nervous" are you kidding me? All we have to do is execute and we are the best team in baseball by far. With that 1.92 ERA last series are pitching is golden all we need is a few more bats other than AROD (boy that sounds weird in October) And we will be waiting for the NL winner in 6 games.

It don't matter who's the "best" though, in a short series one team is better than the other for JUST that series, and that's all ittakes. Mariners damn near won 120 games and they lost in the 1st round.

...and its not like the Yanks are head and shoulders better than the Angels anyways. They had key players out for significant time and stayed afloat, now theyare completely healthy and are as ready as the Yanks.

But besides all of that its always great to watch these two teams play not because the Angels aren't intimidated one bit, but to see the differences inphilosophy between the the two teams. Angels bunt, hit and run, 1st to 3rd ALWAYS....just straight up for the issue always.

Home field is very important this series.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Abreu didnt live up to the hype in NY he wont live up to it playing them. If you guys are hoping for Abreu to be your hero keep dreaming. The guy has one foot in the baseball grave.

For all you Yanks fans "nervous" are you kidding me? All we have to do is execute and we are the best team in baseball by far. With that 1.92 ERA last series are pitching is golden all we need is a few more bats other than AROD (boy that sounds weird in October) And we will be waiting for the NL winner in 6 games.

YANKS IN 6!
You played the twins, take a breather. The Angels are a much better offensive team. And their pitching is great, unlike the beginning of theseason which is what a lot of people (including myself) where expecting to see going into the playoffs. They are a tough matchup for anyone in baseball rightnow. It would surprise me if this series doesnt go to 7. And I would have to give it to the Angels just because Figgins owns the Yankees and he will get hissingles and run all over Posada, they wont play Molina much because he is basically an automatic out in the lineup. It should be a good series.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Abreu didnt live up to the hype in NY he wont live up to it playing them. If you guys are hoping for Abreu to be your hero keep dreaming. The guy has one foot in the baseball grave.

YANKS IN 6!
You played the twins, take a breather. The Angels are a much better offensive team. And their pitching is great, unlike the beginning of the season which is what a lot of people (including myself) where expecting to see going into the playoffs. They are a tough matchup for anyone in baseball right now. It would surprise me if this series doesnt go to 7. And I would have to give it to the Angels just because Figgins owns the Yankees and he will get his singles and run all over Posada, they wont play Molina much because he is basically an automatic out in the lineup. It should be a good series.

This guy, I thought your sn was gonna be in a coma until spring training
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom