Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I'm getting sick and tired of people not giving the Yankees credit for their dominance of the Twins. The double standard is once again put on the Yankees...and it's and bit ridiculous. AllenIversonFan...Red Sox Fan...is tellin Yankee nation to simmer down cause they held the Twins to a 1.92 ERA. I dont care who it is, when your team posts up a 1.92 ERA that is great pitching that deserves respect, and when you sweep a team no matter when it is - and ESPECIALLY in the playoffs you better give some credit. The Twins are all of a sudden being labeled as this anemic team not worthy of playing baseball. They were up against the better team, but they were hot going into the playoffs and the Yankees pitching shut them down, show some respect.
Couldnt have said it better myself!
Settle down guys. No1 is saying the Yankees suck. Or that they do not deserve credit for sweeping. All I was saying is that you are giving toomuch credit. Show me one post where I said that the Angels are going to dominate you. I clearly said I think it will be a great series and I see it going 7.All I said is that I would give the edge to the Angels. Sorry if im not jumping on Arod's sack all of a sudden like half of you want me to.

Kingfoam I expect all this from you because you are the Yankees equivalent of Celticshalfshell, so its all good. And Assassin you may have "been a yankeefan since you could droll" But I dont buy that you didnt know that there was a Yankees season thread. I mean really? It was on the front page everydaythis summer. lets be real. You chose a real nice time to come around and talk real loud.
KingFoamNYC Wrote:

I can't wait to hear the excuses if we pummel the angels (which I doubt I we will) . Wait I think I already know o yea " yankees in a bandbox" and "yankees can't play small ball" smh yo I swear ai fan u sound like skip bayless

There are no excuses if you beat them. If you beat them fine you are the better team. And no1 cares if you cant play small ball and you win by theHR. If thats how you win then thats how you win. But dont come here saying you can play small ball with the best of em, when you have relyed on the HR ball theentire season. All im saying is some of these "Fans" (The real yankee fans over the year know im not talkin about them) are really talking out oftheir %%@. You guys are taking statements out of context to try to get some lulz by coming at me with some "YOU MAD" type responses. but w/e

Just poking in to say HI!
f5f363a74ec8da0061d27d1ea2d4dac2e0856843.jpg

where did all this about you're not a true fan if you don't post all year in the season thread on niketalk come from?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This %%@%# ARod lookin like he poppin out the shower wondering when Jeter bout to come in.

Ol' "common honey that waters just right" lookin #$* dude.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I'm getting sick and tired of people not giving the Yankees credit for their dominance of the Twins. The double standard is once again put on the Yankees...and it's and bit ridiculous. AllenIversonFan...Red Sox Fan...is tellin Yankee nation to simmer down cause they held the Twins to a 1.92 ERA. I dont care who it is, when your team posts up a 1.92 ERA that is great pitching that deserves respect, and when you sweep a team no matter when it is - and ESPECIALLY in the playoffs you better give some credit. The Twins are all of a sudden being labeled as this anemic team not worthy of playing baseball. They were up against the better team, but they were hot going into the playoffs and the Yankees pitching shut them down, show some respect.
Settle down guys. No1 is saying the Yankees suck. Or that they do not deserve credit for sweeping. All I was saying is that you are giving too much credit. Show me one post where I said that the Angels are going to dominate you. I clearly said I think it will be a great series and I see it going 7. All I said is that I would give the edge to the Angels. Sorry if im not jumping on Arod's sack all of a sudden like half of you want me to.

Kingfoam I expect all this from you because you are the Yankees equivalent of Celticshalfshell, so its all good. And Assassin you may have "been a yankee fan since you could droll" But I dont buy that you didnt know that there was a Yankees season thread. I mean really? It was on the front page everyday this summer. lets be real. You chose a real nice time to come around and talk real loud.
KingFoamNYC Wrote:

I can't wait to hear the excuses if we pummel the angels (which I doubt I we will) . Wait I think I already know o yea " yankees in a bandbox" and "yankees can't play small ball" smh yo I swear ai fan u sound like skip bayless
There are no excuses if you beat them. If you beat them fine you are the better team. And no1 cares if you cant play small ball and you win by the HR. If thats how you win then thats how you win. But dont come here saying you can play small ball with the best of em, when you have relyed on the HR ball the entire season. All im saying is some of these "Fans" (The real yankee fans over the year know im not talkin about them) are really talking out of their %%@. You guys are taking statements out of context to try to get some lulz by coming at me with some "YOU MAD" type responses. but w/e

Fair enough.. but wen have u ever heard ME say the yankees could play small ball? Never, in that department quite frankly this team stinks and that could be areason why we don't go all the way but I don't think it will hey call me crazy. And to you comparing me to celticshalfshell I mean I take that assomewhat of a shot at the end of the day I may be a little irrational at sometimes but we all have our moments but I've never came into a sox thread andcontiuously posted "NEW FAGLAND RED SUX" or anything like that, that's just not my style I got respect for the opposition including the sox andactually in the ALDS I was actually rooting for u guys but comparing me to celtics is kind of a cop-out from u actually analyzing my post and responding towhat I said to u. Its easy to read someones post that u don't agree with call them an embesol then proceed to take you ball and run home
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This %%@%# ARod lookin like he poppin out the shower wondering when Jeter bout to come in.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Settle down guys. No1 is saying the Yankees suck. Or that they do not deserve credit for sweeping. All I was saying is that you are giving too much credit. Show me one post where I said that the Angels are going to dominate you. I clearly said I think it will be a great series and I see it going 7. All I said is that I would give the edge to the Angels. Sorry if im not jumping on Arod's sack all of a sudden like half of you want me to.

Kingfoam I expect all this from you because you are the Yankees equivalent of Celticshalfshell, so its all good. And Assassin you may have "been a yankee fan since you could droll" But I dont buy that you didnt know that there was a Yankees season thread. I mean really? It was on the front page everyday this summer. lets be real. You chose a real nice time to come around and talk real loud.
KingFoamNYC Wrote:

There are no excuses if you beat them. If you beat them fine you are the better team. And no1 cares if you cant play small ball and you win by the HR. If thats how you win then thats how you win. But dont come here saying you can play small ball with the best of em, when you have relyed on the HR ball the entire season. All im saying is some of these "Fans" (The real yankee fans over the year know im not talkin about them) are really talking out of their %%@. You guys are taking statements out of context to try to get some lulz by coming at me with some "YOU MAD" type responses. but w/e

Fair enough.. but wen have u ever heard ME say the yankees could play small ball? Never, in that department quite frankly this team stinks and that could be a reason why we don't go all the way but I don't think it will hey call me crazy. And to you comparing me to celticshalfshell I mean I take that as somewhat of a shot at the end of the day I may be a little irrational at sometimes but we all have our moments but I've never came into a sox thread and contiuously posted "NEW FAGLAND RED SUX" or anything like that, that's just not my style I got respect for the opposition including the sox and actually in the ALDS I was actually rooting for u guys but comparing me to celtics is kind of a cop-out from u actually analyzing my post and responding to what I said to u. Its easy to read someones post that u don't agree with call them an embesol then proceed to take you ball and run home
grin.gif

Its all good im not gonna quote our text walls anymore cuz its taking up a lot of space on pages now. But at the end of the day we good fam. I wasjust comparing you to him cuz he is the closest thing to you. You arent as bad by a long shot. You just be off the wall sometimes, its no hard feelings tho mydude.

I was just replying to your little skip bayless comment because in all honesty those arguements are legit. But you guys win playing your game so I cant hate.The other team plays in that bandbox too and the small ball arguement was just a response to someone (I think Assassin) who really said that the Yankees playsmall ball as good as the Angels. I guess im just alittle annoyed with the fairweather fans that decided its time to show their face now that they in the ALCSbut were no where to be found when Yankee fans were ready to jump off a bridge earlier in the season.

Again we good fam, its not hard feelings. I guess the playoffs and bandwagoners bring out the nerves in some ppl. I know you been around all season so you goodmoney in my book.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Avy check
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

I have a feeling a lot of these guys with Yankees Avys just recently came aboard, but hey do you.
Well they switched it up from their usual Cowboys & Lakers avy / sigs for October
laugh.gif

Who are we referring to?

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

I have a feeling a lot of these guys with Yankees Avys just recently came aboard, but hey do you.
Well they switched it up from their usual Cowboys & Lakers avy / sigs for October
laugh.gif

roll.gif

And Assassin you may have "been a yankee fan since you could droll" But I dont buy that you didnt know that there was a Yankees season thread. I mean really? It was on the front page everyday this summer. lets be real. You chose a real nice time to come around and talk real loud.
KingFoamNYC Wrote:

I never came on Niketalk and looked for the sports section is my point. I went on the JB forum and Sneaker showcase before I even paid anyattention to this following in here. So dont question when I come in here.

Arent you a Sox fan?? The fact you would even come in here to refute any points sounds like your bitter and not ready to let go
laugh.gif
.......And as you ended your comment you were already defending the You madstatements when thats exactly what you sound like.

If your hitting HR's on the road and at home all season why would you play small ball?? When we had to we did.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just got back from NY from my cousins wedding last night......Open bar...I was done
smh.gif
laugh.gif
...Got all the updates from the game last night from a friend
laugh.gif

I'm ready for this series....Girardi needs to keep everyone focused this week since we have a few more days before game 1

LETS GO YANKEES
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo ai fan I got u man we good I agree with u tho yankees and small ball is like oil and water man s%^$ pisses me off to the max..

laugh.gif
Carlos Pena on MLB network, I wonder if they gonna mention CC breakin his fingers
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom