Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

KLJ?
Mez?

c6625934d2616a4c6db3530d0c854da7d9b77ad.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Abreu didnt live up to the hype in NY he wont live up to it playing them. If you guys are hoping for Abreu to be your hero keep dreaming. The guy has one foot in the baseball grave.

For all you Yanks fans "nervous" are you kidding me? All we have to do is execute and we are the best team in baseball by far. With that 1.92 ERA last series are pitching is golden all we need is a few more bats other than AROD (boy that sounds weird in October) And we will be waiting for the NL winner in 6 games.

YANKS IN 6!
You played the twins, take a breather. The Angels are a much better offensive team. And their pitching is great, unlike the beginning of the season which is what a lot of people (including myself) where expecting to see going into the playoffs. They are a tough matchup for anyone in baseball right now. It would surprise me if this series doesnt go to 7. And I would have to give it to the Angels just because Figgins owns the Yankees and he will get his singles and run all over Posada, they wont play Molina much because he is basically an automatic out in the lineup. It should be a good series.

This guy, I thought your sn was gonna be in a coma until spring training
laugh.gif
Good argument.

Your right what was I thinking Yankees in 4, No contest, #%#* why is the parade not schedualed for Wednesday?

F outta here. You are buggin if you really think the Angels are not a good team and you are going to run through them like they are the twins. It wasnt broughtinto the light in the Twins series because they are not that great of a team. But your starting pitching in that series was bad. If CC comes out like he did inthe first 4 innings like he did GM 1 you will be down 3-4 runs early. AJ looked like hot garbage and if it werent for a bad foul ball call and stupid baserunning that games doesnt even go extras. Pettitte pitched well but again base running errors halted their chance at a big inning giving the Yankees a chanceto come back and get the win.

Dont get me wrong, I think you guys have a great team, But the twins did not take advantage of Posada not being able to throw out Guys in wheel chairs (letalone a good base stealer). And those ERA numbers are very misleading because of mental mistakes by the twins when they did try to do things on the base paths.I hope it is a great series and honestly with no Red Sox bias, I do think the Angels have the edge. But you are entitled to your own opinion no doubt.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Only thing you're right about is that this year's team is more relaxed and loose than previous years...having guys like Swisher and Burnett is big in regards to that.

...and Tex, dude has kept him in check.

For all you Yanks fans "nervous" are you kidding me? All we have to do is execute and we are the best team in baseball by far. With that 1.92 ERA last series are pitching is golden all we need is a few more bats other than AROD (boy that sounds weird in October) And we will be waiting for the NL winner in 6 games.

It don't matter who's the "best" though, in a short series one team is better than the other for JUST that series, and that's all it takes. Mariners damn near won 120 games and they lost in the 1st round.

...and its not like the Yanks are head and shoulders better than the Angels anyways. They had key players out for significant time and stayed afloat, now they are completely healthy and are as ready as the Yanks.

But besides all of that its always great to watch these two teams play not because the Angels aren't intimidated one bit, but to see the differences in philosophy between the the two teams. Angels bunt, hit and run, 1st to 3rd ALWAYS....just straight up for the issue always.

Home field is very important this series.
I stated all we had to do was execute, now thats a big all we have to do but its the truth. We can play small ball with them we showed that in thelast series we played them, low scoring small ball and we won. As I said if we execute NO ONE can beat us.

I understand we were playing the Twins and they are no Angels. The Angels are easily the 2nd best team in baseball. But there is no way you can tell me theyhave the same amount of depth on the lineup as the Yanks or in the rotation. We have better pitching and one of the best, most dangerous lineups in the last10-15 years if not more. Dont get me wrong the Angels are good but they dont scare me. They are just the only ones that have a chance to beat the Yanks. Andthey wont

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Only thing you're right about is that this year's team is more relaxed and loose than previous years...having guys like Swisher and Burnett is big in regards to that.

...and Tex, dude has kept him in check.

It don't matter who's the "best" though, in a short series one team is better than the other for JUST that series, and that's all it takes. Mariners damn near won 120 games and they lost in the 1st round.

...and its not like the Yanks are head and shoulders better than the Angels anyways. They had key players out for significant time and stayed afloat, now they are completely healthy and are as ready as the Yanks.

But besides all of that its always great to watch these two teams play not because the Angels aren't intimidated one bit, but to see the differences in philosophy between the the two teams. Angels bunt, hit and run, 1st to 3rd ALWAYS....just straight up for the issue always.

Home field is very important this series.
I stated all we had to do was execute, now thats a big all we have to do but its the truth. We can play small ball with them we showed that in the last series. As I said if we execute NO ONE can beat us.

What the Yankees did was not small ball. They relied on the HR ball the entire series. But ill chill because this is going to start coming off ashate, when in reality I am just trying to refute arguments that have no real backing to them. I have a feeling a lot of these guys with Yankees Avys justrecently came aboard, but hey do you.

To be honest with you I wasnt aware of a committed Yankee forum on NikeTalk but hey thats me. And the last thing I will be labeled as is a new fan since Ihavent been in here. Ive been a fan since I could drool

And by small ball in the last series I meant the last time we played the Angels. Scores of 6-5 and 3-2

Just realized im most likely gonna miss the 1st 2 games smh.

And lol at redsox fans saying how good we are now when they thought they were gonna run through us, too.

A sweep either way wouldnt surprise me and a 7 game series wouldnt either. It's baseball, anything can happen.

Honestly I will go on record and say I didnt think the Angels where as good as they are. I live on the East Coast (as do most of the Red Sox and Yankees fans.We dont get to see a lot of your games and ESPN doesnt seem to like to show much of them either. So I was very surprised how well you played us. Ive saidcongrats a couple times now. I dont think any of us thought you sucked, I thought it was going to be a good series and did think we would edge you out.

That proved to be very wrong.

Honestly I will go on record and say I didnt think the Angels where as good as they are. I live on the East Coast (as do most of the Red Sox and Yankees fans. We dont get to see a lot of your games and ESPN doesnt seem to like to show much of them either. So I was very surprised how well you played us. Ive said congrats a couple times now. I dont think any of us thought you sucked, I thought it was going to be a good series and did think we would edge you out.

That proved to be very wrong.
it was more of a "recent history is on our side" type of deal too, tho. most times we play the angels, it's because we're thewildcard and they win their division. we know they're good. but i honestly don't think they're as good as we made them seem. our bats were no whereto be found in games 1 and 2. are lackey and weaver really THAT dominant? we'll find out against the yanks. and then in game 3...michael j fox went outthere and just effed up my universe.

don't get me wrong. the angels are good. but not AS good as this recent sweep would indicate. i think the yanks will beat them in 5, maybe 6 games max.

all that said, go halos. prove me wrong, please
laugh.gif

I'm getting sick and tired of people not giving the Yankees credit for their dominance of the Twins. The double standard is once again put on theYankees...and it's and bit ridiculous. AllenIversonFan...Red Sox Fan...is tellin Yankee nation to simmer down cause they held the Twins to a 1.92 ERA. Idont care who it is, when your team posts up a 1.92 ERA that is great pitching that deserves respect, and when you sweep a team no matter when it is - andESPECIALLY in the playoffs you better give some credit. The Twins are all of a sudden being labeled as this anemic team not worthy of playing baseball. Theywere up against the better team, but they were hot going into the playoffs and the Yankees pitching shut them down, show some respect.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Abreu didnt live up to the hype in NY he wont live up to it playing them. If you guys are hoping for Abreu to be your hero keep dreaming. The guy has one foot in the baseball grave.

YANKS IN 6!
You played the twins, take a breather. The Angels are a much better offensive team. And their pitching is great, unlike the beginning of the season which is what a lot of people (including myself) where expecting to see going into the playoffs. They are a tough matchup for anyone in baseball right now. It would surprise me if this series doesnt go to 7. And I would have to give it to the Angels just because Figgins owns the Yankees and he will get his singles and run all over Posada, they wont play Molina much because he is basically an automatic out in the lineup. It should be a good series.

This guy, I thought your sn was gonna be in a coma until spring training
laugh.gif
Good argument.

Your right what was I thinking Yankees in 4, No contest, #%#* why is the parade not schedualed for Wednesday?

F outta here. You are buggin if you really think the Angels are not a good team and you are going to run through them like they are the twins. It wasnt brought into the light in the Twins series because they are not that great of a team. But your starting pitching in that series was bad. If CC comes out like he did in the first 4 innings like he did GM 1 you will be down 3-4 runs early. AJ looked like hot garbage and if it werent for a bad foul ball call and stupid base running that games doesnt even go extras. Pettitte pitched well but again base running errors halted their chance at a big inning giving the Yankees a chance to come back and get the win.

Dont get me wrong, I think you guys have a great team, But the twins did not take advantage of Posada not being able to throw out Guys in wheel chairs (let alone a good base stealer). And those ERA numbers are very misleading because of mental mistakes by the twins when they did try to do things on the base paths. I hope it is a great series and honestly with no Red Sox bias, I do think the Angels have the edge. But you are entitled to your own opinion no doubt.

Dude.. your really odeeing.. yankees had BAD starting pitching? Andy pitched brilliant, cc and aj nibbled but still only gave up a total of 3 earned runs. Giveme a break your team had bad starting pitching lester and beckett failed u guys and u had to depend on a rookie to save your season which he could have for 1game at least but your terrible overhyped pen killed all those hopes. I understand you are a red sox fan and its in your dna to hate the yanks but come on yourbeing oblivious to what actually happened in that series vs. the twins. If u sat here and said the angels are gonna beat the yankees because of the style theangels play, their lineup, john lackey, weaver etc... u would have no argument from me because u could be right but if your just gonna declare them to losebecause we had "bad starting pitching" that's just plain stupid get real my man if anybody on the yankees brought a bat besides jeter and arodthat series would've had a whole different tone
grin.gif

I have a feeling a lot of these guys with Yankees Avys just recently came aboard, but hey do you.
Well they switched it up from their usual Cowboys & Lakers avy / sigs for October
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I'm getting sick and tired of people not giving the Yankees credit for their dominance of the Twins. The double standard is once again put on the Yankees...and it's and bit ridiculous. AllenIversonFan...Red Sox Fan...is tellin Yankee nation to simmer down cause they held the Twins to a 1.92 ERA. I dont care who it is, when your team posts up a 1.92 ERA that is great pitching that deserves respect, and when you sweep a team no matter when it is - and ESPECIALLY in the playoffs you better give some credit. The Twins are all of a sudden being labeled as this anemic team not worthy of playing baseball. They were up against the better team, but they were hot going into the playoffs and the Yankees pitching shut them down, show some respect.
Couldnt have said it better myself!

I can't wait to hear the excuses if we pummel the angels (which I doubt I we will) . Wait I think I already know o yea " yankees in a bandbox"and "yankees can't play small ball" smh yo I swear ai fan u sound like skip bayless

Back
Top Bottom