OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

And the last thing before I call it a night. With the Rotation coming back strong, and the bats starting to come around on a nightly basis. I am not ready to give up the division just yet. All im sayin is the Yankees better not get too complacent up top right now. We aint dead yet.
joker.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

and funny story...my friend goes to school in worcester. his friend, this chick, apparently smoked up with josh beckett in a limo. so she tells my friend about that, hes like, "no way i dont believe you." she's like, "seriously, i did. he gave me his number. i'll call him and put it on speaker so you can hear." so she calls beckett up and beckett is like, "who the +*!# is this? why are you calling me you dumb $@!!," and then in the background you hear josh yell, "damn manny, all these skanks keep calling and acting like i plan on seeing them again..."

that's pretty much what i expect of him, redneck #@@+$+$
laugh.gif
Yup, sounds like him.
laugh.gif

My parents saw Beckett at Abe and Louie's in Boston last month and when they were leaving they saw Josh outside waiting for a ride. My dad wished him luck with the rest of the season and Beckett didn't even respond. Not even a simple thanks or anything, he just kind of grunted and rolled his eyes. Like...it wasn't like he was interrupted during his meal or anything, he was standing on the sidewalk waiting for his ride and he just felt like pretending my dad wasn't even there.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i love the damn sox as much as anyone.........still immma have 2 disagree w/ u and DeadSet

these 'professionals' they don't owe us ****. we talk about em for starters......

2nd Beckett vanquished those ugly New Jerk Skankies before the sox ever did
nerd.gif

i guess i feel Becks cuz im cocky as hell too my #$%^& self.

theres certain ppl who can get away w/ damn near murder in the city of boston, brady, schilling, papi, borque, williams, beckett..........

feel me

^ i get what you mean...but i've run into brady, ortiz, bourque and they were all friendly as hell. brady is pretty much a self proclaimed dork tho, so ican see how he's not going to be a prick unless you're actually disturbing him. i understand what beckett did with that chick, i mean she was beingretarded. but i mean the part where JD's pops is just like, good luck man...c'mon. at least nod or say appreciate it.

but yeah, he is one of those guys that gets a free pass in boston.

Is Chris Carter anywhere near decent? 26 years old and still in Triple A bothers me. I would have rather received that compensation pick in the off-season.

^ i think if he gets a shot he can be a good player...hasn't really gotten the chance at the bigs level tho

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] year[/td] [td] team[/td] [td]lg[/td] [td]level[/td] [td]org[/td] [td]age[/td] [td]g[/td] [td]ab[/td] [td]r[/td] [td]h[/td] [td]2b[/td] [td]3b[/td] [td]hr[/td] [td]rbi[/td] [td]tb[/td] [td]bb[/td] [td]so[/td] [td]sb[/td] [td]cs[/td] [td]avg[/td] [td]obp[/td] [td]slg[/td] [td]ops[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] 2008[/td] [td] Boston[/td] [td] AL[/td] [td] MLB[/td] [td] Bos[/td] [td] 25[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.333[/td] [td]0.400[/td] [td]0.333[/td] [td]0.733
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I know you coulda looked them up but I posted them here. Thats what he did for us in 9 games last year. decent production, but he doesnt walk often. But thatcould be a product of he wasnt an everyday player and he was just trying to get his hacks while he was up there. We just dont have a spot to put him so he onlygot to play when he was spelling another player for the day. I dont know how he will fair as an everyday player/if ya even want to use him as an everydayplayer.

TIMMMMMMAYYYYYYYY with a nice outting. Things didnt look good at first with all the swinging bunts since Wake wasnt moving all that well. But the Knuckler wasmoooving tonight.

And what more can you say about Ortiz. He is back. *$*$ the haters.

Originally Posted by onewearz

test.jpg

someone needs to be tested again ..........
Hes just finally got the confidence back from the injury. I still half way believe that he didnt knowingly take steroids. Just by how serious heis about the whole thing. But yea thats another argument.

you mad
David-Ortiz_0.jpg

[h2]Penny asks for, gets his release[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Struggling Boston Red Sox right-hander Brad Penny asked for and was granted his release Wednesday night. Newly-acquired reliever Billy Wagner will take his spot on the roster.

"I asked for my release and I got it," Penny said, according to the Boston Herald.

[h4]MLB Rumor Central[/h4]
insider_logo.gif

ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the Major League Baseball rumor mill.
Story
in.gif

Penny (7-
glasses.gif
was 1-6 in his last 11 starts and has a 5.61 ERA. He will be placed on waivers Thursday, according to the Herald, and will clear on Monday. He can talk to other interested teams while he is on waivers.

"I had some bad breaks and made some bad pitches," Penny said, according to the newspaper. "But I'm healthy, and that's what I'm happy about. This isn't last year, when I was hurt. If that had been the case, I'd be upset.

"All in all I had a great time here. My shoulder is healthy and I'm glad I came here. It was a blessing."

Penny signed a one-year contract worth $5 million last offseason with the Red Sox.
Peace out fatboy

o6mnio.jpg

Thats a good look with Dice K. They are saying he looks strong, and not like he was to start the season. Time to get back to real Red Sox pitching. With Pennyand Smoltz gone I am really liking the rotation. Even with Dice out, the Tazawa kid is nice.

Nick Green should be an important cog in the Red Sox bullpen,
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]N. Green[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

great sweep this weekend
pimp.gif

paul byrd was great today. i love gonzo at SS for us. he's hitting just fine for us.

wagner striking out the side in the 8th was good to see

Back
Top Bottom