OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Manny is the only dude who can get away with a Murse
pimp.gif

SWAG!

PS. Can anyone make me an avy?

Being born in 88, this is easily the most excited I've been about a Dodgers squad.
I told you bro, we should NOT settle as Dodger fans, its TIME man!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So i'm watching a replay on FSN and Lyons is interviewing Ned and i'm glad Ned is saying:

-Pitching staff is suspect
-Bullpen needs some help
-Finding a pitcher that can be durable like derek lowe
-they were interested in CC, but yanks took off
-Still looking at who's left
-dont be surprise if there are trades, but its impossible to find a 3 or better starter

do work neddie!

Good to see Lyons and the crew back
pimp.gif

um some tidbits from Joe:

-still gonna figure out the lineup, if manny bats 3rd of 4th, but with raffy and odawg at 1 and 2 manny can drive in a lotta runs.
-signing of odawg gives dewitt time to mature
-manny is 37, if there are blowouts or lopsided games he wonders if he'll take manny out early to keep him fresh
-hard to say if this is the best lineup he's coached because in the AL he had 9 hitters, NL he has 8 (pitcher)
-manny brings a lot to the team, but its gonna be the pitching staff dodgers need work on

manny also said there was 1 team that was in making an offer, but like chess you save the best piece for last
laugh.gif

Also, ironman i turn 24 on april 12 and opening day is the 13th (im just saying)
nerd.gif

*waits for a PM*

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Also, ironman i turn 24 on april 12 and opening day is the 13th (im just saying)
nerd.gif

*waits for a PM*

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and mine was this past month ironman. im just saying
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

anybody have a link to the whole press conference?

So i'm watching a replay on FSN and Lyons is interviewing Ned and i'm glad Ned is saying:

-Pitching staff is suspect
-Bullpen needs some help
-Finding a pitcher that can be durable like derek lowe
-they were interested in CC, but yanks took off
-Still looking at who's left
-dont be surprise if there are trades, but its impossible to find a 3 or better starter

do work neddie!
Thats what i like to hear.

Lets hope the blue jays do awful so Halladay can fall into our laps.

hu + dewitt + juan pierre + pitching prospect, iunno?

trading within our divison is gonna be tough especially the caliber of player peavy is.

These guys will make the pitching staff better than it actually is.
311qrrn.png

if they can stay healthy
nerd.gif

So excited for this season one quality arm and we can go for it all the rest of the world has no idea how potent our lineup is by the way i am new to NT butbeen lurking for over a year its great to see that there are some people like myself that bleed dodger blue

Going to the Ravine today to look at seats and hopefully pick up my mini-plan for this season
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VIL8R

the rest of the world has no idea how potent our lineup is...
True to some extent because some of our guys were no-shows last postseason. I think they'll do a lot better this time around.

Originally Posted by jpap348

Going to the Ravine today to look at seats and hopefully pick up my mini-plan for this season
pimp.gif

yo Jpap, whats your mini-plan looking like? as far as ticket package and cost? (seats, games)? i'm wondering if i should do that for wifey & i or justdo what ive been doing ebay and CL?

pimp.gif

yo Jpap, whats your mini-plan looking like? as far as ticket package and cost? (seats, games)? i'm wondering if i should do that for wifey & i or just do what ive been doing ebay and CL?

I went with the Silver Slugger mini-plan, got seats in the reserve section. It's 15 games+an additional 10 and it came out to $212.50/seat. Only downsideis I'm not guaranteed these exact seats for Opening Day but other than that I'm happy with it. See the Giants twice, Angels, Phillies, A's,Mariners and Griffey
pimp.gif
, Cubs, Dbacks and Padres

Felt good being back in Dodger Stadium seeing the grounds crew working on the field. I just wish the concessions stands were open so I could've grabbed aDodger dog
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

yo Jpap, whats your mini-plan looking like? as far as ticket package and cost? (seats, games)? i'm wondering if i should do that for wifey & i or just do what ive been doing ebay and CL?

I went with the Silver Slugger mini-plan, got seats in the reserve section. It's 15 games+an additional 10 and it came out to $212.50/seat. Only downside is I'm not guaranteed these exact seats for Opening Day but other than that I'm happy with it. See the Giants twice, Angels, Phillies, A's, Mariners and Griffey
pimp.gif
, Cubs, Dbacks and Padres

Felt good being back in Dodger Stadium seeing the grounds crew working on the field. I just wish the concessions stands were open so I could've grabbed a Dodger dog
laugh.gif

My brother did the same thing with a 15 and add 10 games. He said next year he's gonna opt for the 27 game....because as it is he gets 25, so for a littlemore cash he can get the 27 and pick all his games himself. Its good to work around your schedule and not be forced to go to the games they already have pickedfor you

Back
Top Bottom