OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

laugh.gif
Mannys interview on ESPN right now with Colleen Dominguez tidbits:

-For the people that don't know me think I'm goofy and don't care for the team, but that's not true.
-City of L.A has embraced him, different fans enjoy him and appreciate him and his antics, Boston didn't
-For the people saying I played hard in the last 2 mos for a contract, look at my baseball card and look up the stats from boston
-wasn't surprised Yanks didn't come with an offer because they got a better player in Teixera who plays better defense, younger and is handsome.
-saying he wanted to play for the yanks before because he grew up and went to school there doesn't make him a bad guy.
-he doesn't talk to anyone from boston, not even david ortiz - they have their own lives.

I think that's basically it, really loves the city of L.A
pimp.gif

Mannnn, colleen dominguez is on point.

^He's been offered a position as a Dodgers Assistant Coach.

seems like a lot of the guys like him, good clubhouse dude.

Btw is Mueller still with the club as a coach?

dodger fans please help me out, i want to go to opening day this year, how hard is it to usually get opening day tickets? i know their most likely already soldout, but if i try to go the craigslist ebay route, how much am i most likely going to over pay, any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

dodger fans please help me out, i want to go to opening day this year, how hard is it to usually get opening day tickets? i know their most likely already sold out, but if i try to go the craigslist ebay route, how much am i most likely going to over pay, any help would be appreciated.

i think its nearly impossible to get them the day they go on sale. 2-3 years ago i went into ticketmaster and as the guy opened the door (since they open at10) he said opening day tickets are sold out. i was like $*%
mad.gif

ironman should have some more info. but they release a "limited amount" for the game but i would think many season ticket holders buy up extra +several mini plans include opening day.
i love opening day....but seeing some of those prices makes me say...it'll come around next year too....no rush
ohwell.gif

and the signing of manny is gonna get all the bandwagoners out of the wood works too
grin.gif

thanks for the reply, i was amazed and suprised at how easy and cheap i was able to get tickets for games 3,4, and 5 against philly last year in the nlcsespecially considering it was the dodgers 1st solid playoff run in 20 years but i know opening day is like a tradition for dodger fans.

oh well ill be checking craigslist and if i can get tickets for a reasonable price ill be there opening day.

those tix were easy to get cuz after being down 2-0, many people gave up. tix for game 5 were going for cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap. way under face. i knew a guy whosells tix....and he said he lost abut $2000 on that game

tix to the first series were harder to get and more expensive on ebay/cl.
i was thinkin botu going to san diego for opening day but i have school :/

I bought the 15game miniplan, so I got my opening day tickets set. I'm gonna try to get better seats tomorrow, ermm today, if at all possible.
Just took the plunge on 2 sweet strips for WBC in LA. I bought 2 field level tickets for $25 a pop on goldstar last week for the Angel game, copped openingnight pavilion tickets and more for Friday nights game for the Giants series in May.

I've got quite a schedule so far
laugh.gif

dude its a new year, new season, lets switch it up this year
pimp.gif

honestly, it took me a couple hours to figure out how to change my avy cause its been so long
laugh.gif

that avy is
pimp.gif
bright. The laugh dude does after he says it is hilarious. I was just use to the previous one you had it was a trademark.

But anyway, Pedro pitched really well for the DR vs. Netherlands this morning. I think it was something like 3 IP, 3 strikeouts, 1 hit?... his strike/ballratio was crazy. They were saying he wants to play somewhere where he's respected and has a chance to compete for something. Ned - get on it!

l_55e9c6037c994807ae79a34a986b1722.jpg

doesnt he hate the dodgesrs?
Don't think he hates the dodgers, he was bitter when he got traded. But it gave him chance to develop his stuff quicker than if he stayed inL.A. cause one of our scouts thought he would not pan out because of his stature. But if his given a chance for a spot, and money is right he will be in LA.

Like the avy bright
pimp.gif

Need to change my avy now. What a game by J.Martin today. Hopefully he will get some rest this year.

Thanks amarusgear
pimp.gif

Honestly, the success of our team (besides having a solid pitching staff and bullpen) really relies on the maturity of our younger players.

For instance, Russ Martin (tore it up for Canada) his time behind the plate needs to be spread out, I hope Torre gives Brad Ausmus plenty of time so the secondhalf of the season Martin won't be so worn out.

Matt Kemp, same question since he's been called up ... can he ever lay off or hit a breaking ball? I hope, Donnie Baseball really worked with him thisoffseason and throughout training camp.

Andre Ethier needs to do what he does best, use the whole field and find his power stroke. Lefties also got the better part of him last year.

James Loney always gets questioned if he will ever find his power as a first basemen, I just want to see him go the other way - or use the whole field really.

If these guys have matured and prepare themselves for the long torturous baseball season, i think this team should have a chance to compete to make it to theworld series. As long as they don't try to do too much and fall in love with trying to hit the long ball, we should be okay.

In regards to Pedro Martinez, I'm saying this team has so many Red Sox former players and influences (Mienkevitz, Manny, Mueller? and McCourt). I'msure he's probably over that trade for Delino Deshields
sick.gif
He has gone on record to say he wants to finish up in the NL. Here's a good article on Pedro(a little old from Feb):

Best fit for Pedro, latest on Manny Derby and notes around majors

A rejuvenated Pedro Martinez probably could help a lot of teams. But the best fit just might be the Dodgers, the organization that must still regret trading the future Hall of Famer 16 years ago.

Putting aside the nostalgic aspect of a Pedro reunion, Martinez makes sense for the Dodgers for at least three big reasons ...

1. The Dodgers need starting pitchers. Presumably, they'll land at least one solid, in-his-prime pitcher for their rotation after losing Derek Lowe, Greg Maddux and Brad Penny this winter, and that will probably be either Randy Wolf or Braden Looper. However, the Dodgers may need more than one pitcher after suffering so many losses. While they are hopeful that talented youngster Chad Billingsley will come back quickly after breaking his leg slipping on ice in his home state of Pennsylvania, Billingsley's injury is yet another issue for a young, talented team that has a number of them.

2. The Dodgers need someone like Martinez to tutor their staff. Maddux was that guy in recent seasons, and Martinez could ably fill that role. He is a sage and stable veteran.

3. Martinez could help if any Manny Ramirez issues come up (that's if Ramirez returns, of course). There were never any major problems with Manny in Boston when his buddies Martinez and Kevin Millar were there, and while there's no certainty Martinez could have saved Manny from himself last summer in Boston, he couldn't have hurt.

Martinez didn't jump at inquiries from the Indians or Pirates, as he's looking for the right place and right fit for him. By now, one of the greatest pitchers ever can afford to do that.

"At this stage of his career, he's waiting for the right opportunity," Martinez's longtime agent Fern Cuza said without addressing any of the offers rejected.

Martinez told the New York Post he'd love to return to the Mets, and it's no secret that Mets general manager Omar Minaya reciprocates that love. However, since Martinez made those comments to the Post, the Mets have signed Oliver Perez, Freddy Garcia and Tim Redding, lessening the need for another starter. Meanwhile, the Marlins, who'd be perfect as well, are telling folks they have no money for Pedro, a Miami resident, or anyone else.

The Dodgers have a few promising starters, led by talented left-hander Clayton Kershaw, but they need more. Wolf and Looper are the ones the Dodgers are discussing now, but one competitor says it seems like Wolf just isn't as anxious to go to the Dodgers are he was two years ago.

"We'd like to add at least one pitcher," Dodgers GM Ned Colletti said.

By late March, after Martinez can re-prove himself in the World Baseball Classic, the Dodgers might well consider a return for the pitcher who built his Hall of Fame career after they infamously traded him for second baseman Delino DeShields. Colletti has more pressing issues on his plate now, like Manny and the other starters, but in a phone conversation he didn't rule out a run at Pedro when the time is right.

Martinez was hampered last year by an early hamstring injury and hurt more than anyone knows by the death of his beloved father.

He is ready to start anew. Said Cuza, "He feels the best he's ever felt."

Also, do you guys think $80 for Field Level seats for opening day is worth it? Factor in parking + food
ohwell.gif

(i'll wait for ironmans PM)
nerd.gif

Also, do you guys think $80 for Field Level seats for opening day is worth it? Factor in parking + food
ohwell.gif

(i'll wait for ironmans PM)
nerd.gif

thats not too expensive for field seats for opening day. depends where theyre at. ive sat right by the bullpen and sometimes been like.... $*#...i could have spent 25% of the price and sat in the pavillion 15 feet away from where im sitting right now
unless youre goin alone....parking can be split a couple ways. and how much food do you eat?
laugh.gif

i've seen some top deck & loge tickets for $39.99 (2 tix). but, field level is
pimp.gif

I believe its first base line row N.

Well, gf and i usually bring water and knowing her she'll want nachos and maybe split a hotdog and i'll prolly want a beer.

i've never been opening day, but im so tempted this year.

Btw, Ohman or Beimel need to be signed - i think beimel is really sour on how he was used and thought there would be more teams out for him, dude just needs toput aside his pride and get in touch with Ned.

Market is saying he and Ohman will be offered a 1yr less than $1M contract, Ned needs to do work.

Maybe give Pedro a 1yr $4M with incentives (starts, innings, etc).

Also, don't forget to set your clocks an hour ahead.

Back
Top Bottom