OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

I guess give Schmidt another start during ST and he's bound to break down.

I believe the Dodgers will get Ohman, and too bad Duaner has yet to recover from that accident
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Pedro will be a great addition, but so far they think Jason Schmidt will provide something this season.

The bullpen will be fortified by Will Ohman or Joe Beimel, I prefer Ohman. Beimel was good in 06-07, but he was terrible last season, don't let the ERA fool you. Plus, unlike a lot of people, I haven't forgot about his one night in NY,
smh.gif

Pedro will be pursued only if Schmidt goes down.
If Jason Schmidt can be 100% healthy, even better..... No Pedro.

Dodgers need a veteran lefty pitcher out of the pen badly, can't start the season without one.

I think we should tell Pedro to just chill out on vacation until we need him and then we'll give him a deal.

I have a hard time thinking Pedro could toss 200+ innings, but I'd put $4 million (of Frank's money) on it that he could toss 100-150 innings with anERA around 4, plus, he'd sell some jerseys, get us on national tv a few more times, and bring a couple more people out to see him.

Let Pedro chill until mid-year, so he can be fresh for the playoff run.

Come to think of it, do you think Joe Torre would be opposed to signing Pedro because of this:

cracks me up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

No wonder Manny doesn't like Spring Training...........

vghmbq.jpg

We all know very damn well that Manny is not gonna lay down a bunt during the game
laugh.gif

[h2]Manny set for Thursday's spring debut[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

PHOENIX -- Manny Ramirez is sore and joking that he might be older than his 37-year-old birth certificate reveals.

5132.jpg

Ramirez

"I'm like 40 years old. How much longer can I do this?" Ramirez said Tuesday, loudly enough for Dodgers teammate Andre Ethier to hear. "There he is, Andre, the superstar of the team. He's going to carry the load this year. I'm too old for that now."

Ramirez was set to join the Los Angeles spring training lineup for Thursday's exhibition against South Korea, eight days after agreeing to a $45 million, two-year contract that gives him the right to void the deal after one season.

After the Dodgers acquired him from Boston last July 31, Ramirez hit .396 with 17 homers and 53 RBIs in 53 games. Ramirez had been asking Dodgers manager Joe Torre to get into games and has been running the bases every day during workouts.

"If I'm going to steal bases and turn doubles into triples, I have to get on my horse," Ramirez said, smirking.

Still, there's a long time before the Dodgers' April 6 opener at San Diego.

"There is no need to prove anything, and plenty of time to get ready," Torre said. "But he's been all business and making up for lost time since he got here."

Ramirez is happy with the team and the addition of second baseman Orlando Hudson.

"I feel like I'm on vacation. How much longer can I play? I just want to enjoy it," he said. "I don't know what I'm going to do. It's another year. We'll all find out together."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
Anybody have a link for tomorrow's game?

if anyone has a link feel free to shoot me a PM

thanks

manny can do what ever he wants. he probly bun ted on his own...haha

there's an artical on dodgers.com and manny says
I worked out a lot in Florida, but you have to get used to wearing spikes again. I have to get my running legs in shape. I'm Dave Roberts, you know? I'm going to be stealing bases this year. Oh, yeah.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and manny is gettin his own bobblehead too. july 22nd
pimp.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/03/dodgers-curious.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Curious About Pedro Martinez[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [March 12 at 8:58am CST]

Bill Plaschke of the L.A. Times advocates the Dodgers signing Pedro Martinez, and GM Ned Colletti admitted, "He's somebody we're curious about." The question is whether Pedro will drop his asking price enough to make a return to L.A. feasible. Plaschke also talked to former Dodgers GM Fred Claire, who admitted "it was a bad trade" when he traded Martinez to the Expos for Delino DeShields in November of 1993.

The Pirates explored the idea of signing Pedro back in January, but found the price prohibitive at the time according to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

^ESPN is saying that Pedro won't accept a "Glavine"-type deal or in other words - full of incentives for one year. We're taking a risk withHudson.. why not gamble with Pedro. I think what we have to gain with a healthy Pedro is more than what we would "lose" in salary.

So no link for today's game?? I don't have class until 4:30..

where did you hear that?

Edit:

[h1]Manny's debut delayed by hamstring[/h1][h2]Ramirez scratched shortly before Dodgers' game vs. Team Korea[/h2]
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

PHOENIX -- Outfielder Manny Ramirez was scratched from the lineup one hour before Thursday's exhibition game with Korea because of a tight hamstring muscle, the Dodgers announced. [table][tr][td]
wtT8MXEX.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Ramirez, expected to be the designated hitter in the game against Team Korea's World Baseball Classic entrant, told manager Joe Torre he was able to play, but Torre scratched him anyway.

It would have been Ramirez's first exhibition game, one week after signing a two-year $45 million contract.

Ken Gurnick is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

good thing they sat him, that hamstring can linger if it doesnt get adequate rest.

ill be tuning in tomorrow though
pimp.gif

lucky guy PMAC

My coworker is going out on a whim and just taking off tomorrow
smokin.gif
frown.gif

My WBC finals tickets came in today, should be getting 1 of my 2 orders of blanket night tickets in tomorrow. Got my 15 ticket miniplan and my angelsexhibition game a few days ago too
smokin.gif

i'm set
smile.gif

^^ wow goin to the WBC at dodger stadium...

thats a treat

did you buy from the website or privete seller??

I was getting impatient so I just went on and bought from Ticketbastard. I see them on CL and stuff but they're wanting world series prices, same for eBay.

i'm in section 25 in the reserve, row D. Good seats IMHO. I honestly don't think there's a bad seat in the park, maybe if you're in the outerpart of the bowl with the pole in front of you, but aside from that I can't complain.
smile.gif

at least your there...thats awesome....lets hope USA gets there...tough loss to Venezuela

hope much you drop if you dont mind me asking

Back
Top Bottom