OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

yo dunkaroos, anywhere in A row or B row should be
pimp.gif

she's a keeper
smokin.gif

I went to that "SUPER SALE" at the convention center today, **+$ was an overrated swap meet. Didn't buy a thing, but I paid $20 for the two of usto get in, plus another 10 for parking, that swould've been breakfast at placita olivera right there
smh.gif

Afterward we went to the stadium, just to check it out and stuff. The top of the park store looks so organized than before, I HATE IT. I miss the clutteredlook, with a ton of merch on those movable displays. Now it looks like they're downsizing product levels, looks rather sad in there. Maybe making room forWBC attire?
nerd.gif

Why are the 50th anniversary jerseys still full price when @ the citywalk store I copped mine for half off? Why the hell are thermabase jackets $175 when 2years ago the premiere jackets were $110?

Times 'a changin I suppose
smh.gif
As that racist kramer said, "Retail is for suckers". Legit eBay sellers are where it's at, or online sales.

The dugouts still had 50th paint, as did the posters throughout the park. When do these usually change?

They were filming some kids workout video in front of the dugout, any info on this and the rest of my nitpicking Ironman?
laugh.gif

^ Damn 562.. you should've parked a couple blocks west from the Convention Center and saved those $10. Although that rate is probably the lowest..I've seen $25-50 signs up at times. As for the Top of the Park store - I've learned that they're way overpriced... I made a mistake a coupleyears ago and bought an Authentic jersey there. Oh well, you live and learn.

Anyway, game @ 1:00 on KCal today.
pimp.gif

milton gives up a homer to spillborg, looked like a hanging breaking ball.

he reminds me a fat joe beimel for some reason
laugh.gif

btw, theres some dude right behind home plate decked out in angel gear
sick.gif

j. martin is seriously ballin right now
pimp.gif

i hope torre keeps him fresh though.

sidenote: milton was atrocious, 1hr, 5 straight singles, 4runs
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

They just showed the luncheon for the front office McCourt put together... Ironman
nerd.gif
?

i think i saw you ironman
nerd.gif

haha jp.

anyways, manny left the 4th inning after chasing the double due to a "twinge" in his hammy.

Manny needs to get minimal work
frown.gif

Kemp needs to pick it up, I just got his jersey. $107 shipped for a DS Coolbase home 50th jersey
smile.gif

Milton looked terrible, he won't get the spot. It's Weaver or Schmidt's. with it being the latters to lose. Pedro?
nerd.gif

Seriously
laugh.gif

I remember we were pursuing him HEAVILY at the end of 03 or 04 when he was an FA out of Philly but chose the reds. Boras
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

she's a keeper
smokin.gif

I went to that "SUPER SALE" at the convention center today, **+$ was an overrated swap meet. Didn't buy a thing, but I paid $20 for the two of us to get in, plus another 10 for parking, that swould've been breakfast at placita olivera right there
smh.gif

Afterward we went to the stadium, just to check it out and stuff. The top of the park store looks so organized than before, I HATE IT. I miss the cluttered look, with a ton of merch on those movable displays. Now it looks like they're downsizing product levels, looks rather sad in there. Maybe making room for WBC attire?
nerd.gif

Why are the 50th anniversary jerseys still full price when @ the citywalk store I copped mine for half off? Why the hell are thermabase jackets $175 when 2 years ago the premiere jackets were $110?

Times 'a changin I suppose
smh.gif
As that racist kramer said, "Retail is for suckers". Legit eBay sellers are where it's at, or online sales.

The dugouts still had 50th paint, as did the posters throughout the park. When do these usually change?

They were filming some kids workout video in front of the dugout, any info on this and the rest of my nitpicking Ironman?
laugh.gif

Sorry about your trip to the convention center, they are usually a waste of time,
laugh.gif
. Oh well, lesson learned.

Just got back from Camelback, had an employee trip, I will upload pics as soon as my gf brings my usb cable (SD Card reader is not working,
mad.gif
).

The Top of the Park store is empty because all the WBC stuff is going to be put up starting tomorrow. MLB wants the Dodger stuff to a minumum, so they starteddownsizing inventory this past week.

The jerseys with the 50th anniversary patch will not go down in price at the stadium, unless it is a player that is no longer there (Nomar, Jones, Kent, etc.). If you are expecting to get a Manny jersey at a reduced price because it has a 50th anniversary patch you are SOL. You are better off trying to locate itsomewher else.

Prices at the Stadium are ridiculous, but according the the DNC (They run merchandise), it is because the Dodgers get a cut, MLB gets a cut, their vendors geta commission and finally they get a cut. Too many hands in a small pie. I get 35% off at the store and I still tell people they are better off buying theirstuff somewhere else. I just wait until the 50% sale they have in December to buy jerseys and hats. We got the Blue Thermabase for free last year, and I gothooked up with the Black one at cost ($70), other than that I really don't shop at the store. Even with the discount.

All the posters and the paint on the dugout (It is actually a vynil "sticker") should come down for the WBC. I don't know if you noticed the OFwall while you were there. Last week it was blank, and they were in the process of plastering the WBC sponsors. All the 50th anniversary player posters onthe concourses will be taken down this week. Usually they are taken down the week of or prior to Opening Day, but the WBC pushed everything a few weeks early.

Hope that helps.

PS- If you want to buy a thermabase, wait until the Footlocker F&F and buy it at Champs. $110 - 30% =
smokin.gif

They just showed the luncheon for the front office McCourt put together... Ironman
nerd.gif
?

A couple of friends blew me up when they showed that, I was there. If you saw someone with a Russell Martin jersey (w/2008 All Star Game Patch) that was me. My boys told me that they didn't spot me. I was probably walking around the stadium.

do you think they'll put up authentic jerseys? Whatabout the on field jackets?

MrJ had no luck finding them in SD at the game, and sure enough now that the availability time on mlb.com is down to 5 days, they only got size60 in theauthentic and soldout on the jackets
smh.gif

Damn Ironman, I should've hit you up this time instead of last week when I went
laugh.gif

Anyways here's some pictures from this past weekend.

Manny's second AB on Friday

Me and pops on sunday. (gf got me the shirt at &still, the spot next to undftd if anyone was gonna ask)

You can kinda see Manny with Abreu (who's hopefully healthy) and Luna and Castro

Russ and Delwyn

Lot of folks out on a Sunday

Kemp

Joe, with a cup of Joe

pic from the seat we had Sunday

Ps- if any of you guys play golf, all the courses out there are in great shape right now and the weather is perfect. Wigwam resort was pretty nice, it's 5minutes from the ballpark, has 3 golf courses (that aren't TOO difficult, I shot an 82), a spa and a couple little restaurants, rooms are pretty decenttoo.

All in all, entire weekend was
pimp.gif

me and my dad are gonna make this a yearly tradition, and if i'm lucky enough to have a son i'd bring him out here year after year. atmosphere issecond to none out there. Frank McCourt walked right by me and I was able to say whats up
laugh.gif
, same thing with Jim Tracy who coaches for CO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I might be headed back to Glendale from Tucson for the NCAA regionals (could see memphis/uconn) in two weeks, that'd be a good time for any ofyou guys to head out, have a
pimp.gif
sports weekend. Anybody tryna getsomething together
nerd.gif

^nice pics PMAC. I'm gonna have to make it out there next year to see a couple of games.

Bright Nikes...what ever happened to the Fantasy league?
nerd.gif

sick pics PMAC
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
mannnn, i posted up the info on the old off season dodger thread - but i never really PM'd anyone, having an online draft where everyone can make itseemed real impossible, plus im a newbie GM when it comes to baseball so i really dont know what im doing.

there's still plenty of time if you guys are still down.

I'm down I just don't want to organize it
laugh.gif
Maybe it'd be better off without a live draft and just pre-ranking players/auto draft instead

laugh.gif
that whole organization part on stats / players / time of draft really had me saying, "what did i get myself into?"
smh.gif

haha.

damn auto draft just isn't personalized - what does everyone else think?

nice pics...i hope i can get down there next year....

is the field/ faccilities as nice as dodger town??

i used to go to that every year.........good times

By the looks of those pics, it must have been an awesome day to play baseball.

You know at chicks sporting goods, they are having a going out business sale. Its at 10% off rite now on apparel. Other stuff are 20% off. Ima go back laterthis week to see if their is any good sales. I want to get a Dodgers folding chair and some more shirts and a sweater. The closes chicks to LA is in WestCovina. I go to the one in upland which is an outlet. I don't know what chicks in west covina has.

Manny out for a week with the hammy, good call - dude needs to rest it.

Joe Torre said Jason Schmidt is out of the running as the 5th starter
sick.gif

Whatta bum, we really need to sign some another arm or two and add quality depth in our bullpen.

Our pitching will be what will get us over the hump.

Back
Top Bottom