OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

THE KINGS played here Saturday, just down the road from the Dodgers. Yeah, I didn't care either.
grin.gif

Simers

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I just read that 562
indifferent.gif

This @%#% ain't cool man, I understand why they're doing it but what part of the game is having HFA when we have games when a majority of Southern California is at work
grin.gif

Anyways, when do you guys think I should make an NLCS thread?

only positive of this is that tickets might be pretty cheap to fridays game. i know they had a early game 2 in the nlcs last year also though but sincephilly is 3 hours ahead of us it was a 4pm start for them.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/2009/10/day-game-for-friday.html[/h1]
[h1]Day game for Friday?[/h1]
October 11, 2009 | 8:10 am

Dodger Thoughts commenter BHSportsguy pointed out in an e-mail that there's a very good chance Friday's Game 2 of the National League Division Championship Series at Dodger Stadium will have a 1:35 p.m. start.

Thursday's Game 1 would start at 5:22 p.m.

Again, these aren't official times, but educated guesses.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This is going to +@!+ me up with work
smh.gif

I don't buy this educated guess.

Last year, Game 3 at Dodger Stadium, which was a Sunday game, had a 5:20 pm start time.

Game 4 (Monday) had a 5:20 pm start time
Game 5 (Wednesday) had a 5:20 pm start time

Game 1 for the ALCS will be Friday in New York. They will most likely have a 5pm start time (Eastern), which means the game will begin at 2pm our time. Ifour game starts at 5:30pm (8:30pm EST), there will be little conflict.

If we play the Phillies, it will probably flip flop once we hit the road, since the Dodgers/Phillies would be on the East Coast and the Yankees/Angels will beon the West Coast. The Networks aren't stupid...or are they
eyes.gif

We will see, but a 1:30 pm start time on the West Coast,
smh.gif
. Talk about bending over a fan base.

[h3]For starters, Dodgers have many choices[/h3]Torre must decide among six healthy pitchers for four spots
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

10/11/09 4:36 PM ET

ST. LOUIS -- Before the victorious flight home Sunday, manager Joe Torre said he didn't know what his Dodgers starting rotation would look like for the National League Championship Series that opens Thursday at Dodger Stadium against Philadelphia or Colorado.

"I haven't even thought about it," Torre said one day after his Dodgers swept the Cardinals in the Division Series. "I'm not sure if it makes a difference who we play. Both lineups have left-handed hitters."

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/mlb/ps/y2009/matchup.jsp?series=ds_d

Left-handers Randy Wolf and Clayton Kershaw started the first two games against the Cardinals and figure to be in the rotation against either the Phillies or Rockies. So does Vicente Padilla, whose stock is soaring after his clinching win.

A bigger issue on the list of factors Torre must consider is the condition of right-hander Hiroki Kuroda. The herniated disk that forced him off the Division Series roster is healing, and Torre said the tentative plan is to have Kuroda throw a bullpen session Monday, when the rest of the club has a day off.

If Kuroda is healthy, Torre has that same dilemma he appeared to have a few weeks ago -- six starting pitchers for four slots.

But the pitching of Padilla has clearly provided Torre with comfort that the Dodgers can win in the postseason without Kuroda, something almost unimaginable a few months ago when Kuroda was hit on the head with a line drive and the Dodgers picked Padilla off the scrap heap to fill in, hoping that he still had something left.

As Padilla showed in Saturday night's clincher, he has got a lot left. He's unbeaten as a Dodger, and was almost unhittable against a Cardinals lineup that was flat and listless after giving away Game 2 on Thursday night.

"I'm not sure about Kuroda," Torre said. "We'll do something with him this week and take a look. He seems healthy, but he hasn't pitched for a while. That's my only hesitation for this go-round. He's only thrown 20 pitches off a mound," in a session on Friday.

Torre might have tipped his hand as the Cardinals series unfolded by having Game 1 starter Randy Wolf in the bullpen Saturday night during Game 3. Wolf did not take his normal between-starts bullpen session, but 21-year-old Clayton Kershaw did, an indication that Torre was prepared to skip Wolf and have Kershaw pitch a Game 5.

That, of course, was not necessary, as the Dodgers completed their second consecutive Division Series sweep.

[h5]HOW THEY MATCH UP[/h5]

[table] How the Dodgers' starting pitchers fared against their possible NLCS opponents. [tr][th="col"]Pitcher[/th] [th="col"]
[/th] [th="col"]vs. Phillies[/th] [th="col"]
[/th] [th="col"]vs. Rockies[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Chad Billingsley[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0-0, 1.29 ERA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1-1, 3.95 ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jon Garland[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0-2, 6.35 ERA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1-0, 2.63 ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hiroki Kuroda[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1 start, 6 scoreless innings[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Did not face[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Clayton Kershaw[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]0-2, 5.23 ERA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1-1, 4.50 ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vicente Padilla[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Did not face[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2-0, 2.70 ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Randy Wolf[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1-1, 5.11 ERA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1-1, 2.96 ERA[/td] [/tr][/table]

Nor is that any assurance that Kershaw would get the Game 1 start over Wolf, although it's fuel for speculation. However, if the Dodgers want to ensure that Kershaw pitches two games at home (where his ERA was two runs lower than on the road), a more likely scenario would be for Kershaw to start Games 2 and 6.

Then there's the status of Chad Billingsley and Jon Garland. Billingsley, who struggled in September, was to start Game 4 against the Cardinals, but wasn't needed. A year ago, however, he was pushed around by the Phillies twice in the NLCS. He pitched well against Philadelphia this year, but last year's playoff debacle makes his role this year uncertain should the Dodgers face the Phillies.

Garland, who won some key games in the stretch run after he was acquired from Arizona for Tony Abreu, was sent to the bullpen for the Division Series and never pitched.

If Kuroda is added to the rotation for the LCS, it likely means either Billingsley or Garland wouldn't even make the roster, because there would be no need for two starters-turned-long relievers in addition to Jeff Weaver, who was the winning pitcher in Game 1 after relieving Wolf in the fourth inning.

Torre, who played and managed in St. Louis, said he was "proud of the toughness" his club showed through the three-game series, and was surprised at the subdued nature of Cardinals fans before and during Game 3.

"It was quiet the whole game," he said. "And I looked up in the eighth inning, and there was nobody in the stands."

I say Kersh opens it up, followed by wolf and then Cartel Curl brings the rest of the cartel to Philadelphia with him.

Btw, the texts are mad strong from Angel fans right now ...
smh.gif

i aint gonna lie..

i DO NOT want to face the Angels.

thats all I am gonna say about the possible future..

now back to thinking about the NLDS.

AND $#%#% ESPN... the yankees get the main article section and they aint even done with the game yet.. while the dodgers NEVER saw a photo on the main page.

%++@ of town ESPN!

SHOW US SOME LOVE!

I would be scared to play the Angels as well but you can't deny, an LA vs. OC freeway series would be fun.

Still a long way to go for both teams though but the thought of it is pretty exciting.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

I would be scared to play the Angels as well but you can't deny, an LA vs. OC freeway series would be fun.

Still a long way to go for both teams though but the thought of it is pretty exciting.
if it got that far and the dodgers lost....i would NEVER hear the end of it
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

if it got that far and the dodgers lost....i would NEVER hear the end of it
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Tell me about it

Who do you guys think we should face next, Rockies or phils?

I would like to face the rockies, but to be the champs we must beat the defending champs.

Originally Posted by Beermann2

I would like to face the rockies, but to be the champs we must beat the defending champs.
I want revenge
mad.gif

I think Rockies are easier. We normally play pretty well at Coors also but I'd rather beat the Phils

For greedy purposes, give me COL in hopes of better start times
smh.gif

Also for showing the League that the NL West is NOT to be slept on anymore

Typing this as the ball leaves the yard. Go Rox
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Beermann2

we have the rockies number this year, but all that gets wiped away playoff time. if they were to win, they'd come in with a lot ofconfidence/swag. and playing 2-3 games in 30 degree weather?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

the phils' lineup is scary. 1-7 is dangerous. if (thats a big if) lee/hamels are on,
eyes.gif

Sorry fellas, if we wanna be tlhe best we gotta go through the Phillies.

They put a whoopin on us last year and we need to show the world this isn't the 2008 Dodgers.

So give me the Phillies.

Hey, did phil hartman ever apologize or regret for picking the cards?
laugh.gif

Its like you broadcast in LA and you're going against the hometown team. *que the %!*% gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Sorry fellas, if we wanna be tlhe best we gotta go through the Phillies.

They put a whoopin on us last year and we need to show the world this isn't the 2008 Dodgers.

So give me the Phillies.

Okay so I just looked back at my old tickets

Last years NLCS in the AYCE was $75 + $7 "building maintenance charge"

How much are they this year?

Back
Top Bottom