OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

can we get some start times please? i need to ask for time off. this is redic. what are they gonna wait till wed at 10pm to announce the times?

I think if more players (ala cole hammels) would have complained to the media about the early start times, TBS/MLB would have a lil more sensitive to starttimes of the NLCS

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I think if more players (ala cole hammels) would have complained to the media about the early start times, TBS/MLB would have a lil more sensitive to start times of the NLCS

If Jeter or A-Rod were in the NL, prime time every time.
laugh.gif

oh and starting col/phil at that night time as it is COLDER AT NIGHT, and giving bos and ana a 9am START TIME west coast was ******ed.. let them play in thesun where its warm... start boston at 5pm.. i dont get it.. its a joke.

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

oh and starting col/phil at that night time as it is COLDER AT NIGHT, and giving bos and ana a 9am START TIME west coast was ******ed.. let them play in the sun where its warm... start boston at 5pm.. i dont get it.. its a joke.
I think the Colorado game was because it was gonna stop snowing by night time.

******ed *#@ schedules anyway, this was the topic on a lot of morning sports radio shows.

Updated: October 13, 2009, 11:56 PM ET

[h2]Torre not looking at another deal[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Joe Torre says he doesn't plan to manage the Los Angeles Dodgers after his contract expires.

"I have one year on my contract and I don't anticipate it being more than that," he said Tuesday, two days before the Dodgers open the NLCS against Philadelphia.

However, he noted, "I've said that before and my wife doesn't believe me at all."

The 69-year-old manager is in the middle of a three-year deal he signed nearly two years ago after 12 seasons guiding the New York Yankees. The Dodgers are 179-145 with two consecutive NL West titles under Torre.

His 83 postseason victories are more than any other manager in major league history, and his 14 consecutive playoff appearances as a manager are tied with Atlanta's Bobby Cox (1991-2005).

General manager Ned Colletti said Tuesday that he'll sit down with Torre to discuss his future after the season ends.

If the Dodgers were to advance to their first World Series since 1988, Torre said he doesn't think he'll walk away a year early.

"It's fun and if we were fortunate enough to win the World Series, it would make that next year so much sweeter," he said.

Torre won four World Series titles with the Yankees, the last in 2000.

"I never get tired of this stuff, that's one thing I found out," he said. "You think once you win it, you say, 'OK, I got it, I don't need to do this anymore,' but you do. You need to do it."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Question for the people who have bought tix on stubhub, how long does it take for you to get the email w/ the tix?

I got 2 emails, 1 saying its been ordered, now its been charged.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Question for the people who have bought tix on stubhub, how long does it take for you to get the email w/ the tix?

They should have been sent after they sent you the order confirmation.

true, it shouldve been almost automatic.

Regarding Torre, at least hes a man of his word. Time for Donny Baseball to inch his way into the drivers seat
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

true, it shouldve been almost automatic.

Regarding Torre, at least hes a man of his word. Time for Donny Baseball to inch his way into the drivers seat
smokin.gif
Is his son still in the organization? I can't remember... If so, we know who's going to be invited to spring training in 2010.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Word?
mad.gif

This is the second of 3 emails from us.

1. ORDER PLACED

---> 2. ORDER CONFIRMED - Your tickets are now covered by our
FanProtect Guarantee.

3. DOWNLOAD YOUR TICKETS - When your tickets are ready,
we'll send you an email with a link to download them from
your StubHub account. You should receive this email
within 24 hours of order confirmation.

It tells me to wait within 24 hours I should get it, I don't get it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

stubhub depends on the person to send the tickets i think.
This.

You should have purchased through ebay. Never had any issues with getting them emailed right after.

Call stubhub, and tell them you are having a panic attack over here
laugh.gif

here is the thing with stubhub, you can buy the tickets and the person you bought from can then decide they dont want to sell them anymore. or maybe they werealready sold somewhere else and just never pulled off stubhub. thats the only weird thing about stubhub.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

here is the thing with stubhub, you can buy the tickets and the person you bought from can then decide they dont want to sell them anymore. or maybe they were already sold somewhere else and just never pulled off stubhub. thats the only weird thing about stubhub.

Yup, you're not always guaranteed that they are still available. They don't update their site every minute.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Word?
mad.gif

This is the second of 3 emails from us.

1. ORDER PLACED

---> 2. ORDER CONFIRMED - Your tickets are now covered by our
FanProtect Guarantee.

3. DOWNLOAD YOUR TICKETS - When your tickets are ready,
we'll send you an email with a link to download them from
your StubHub account. You should receive this email
within 24 hours of order confirmation.

It tells me to wait within 24 hours I should get it, I don't get it
laugh.gif
i paid for my tickets last night, i didnt get the email to print the tickets yet, but i got it when i woke up in the mornin

[h1]Sources: Dodgers owner, wife heading for divorce[/h1]
[h2]by Ken Rosenthal[/h2]
Ken Rosenthal has been the senior baseball writer for FOXSports.com since Aug. 2005. He appears weekly on the FSN Baseball Report and MLB on FOX.

add this RSS email print

Updated: October 14, 2009, 10:37 PM EDT
1 comments

Baseball's leading power couple is headed for a divorce.
Frank McCourt, the Los Angeles Dodgers' owner, and his wife, Jamie, the team's CEO, are in the middle of divorce proceedings, according to multiple major-league sources.
"Frank McCourt and Jamie McCourt confirm that they are separated," the McCourts said in a statement when asked for comment by FOXSports.com.

"This is a personal matter and they request that their privacy be respected. They will be making no public statements."

The divorce will not be amicable, one source said.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

"They've already 'lawyered' up," the source said. "They're trashing each other terribly. It's going to be World War III."

At stake: The future of the Dodgers, a team valued at $722 million by Forbes magazine. Forbes calculates the value of a team based on its current stadium deal without deduction for debt.

The McCourts, married since 1979, are living in separate houses, sources say. They attended the Dodgers' recent postseason games, but did not sit together.

Jamie McCourt, the highest-ranking woman in Major League Baseball, became the team's CEO on March 17. Prior to that, she had been club president since Aug. 12, 2005.

Earlier this year, a divorce between San Diego Padres owner John Moores and his wife, Becky, helped prompt the sale of that club.

Together, the Moores had owned 90 percent of the Padres.

The Dodgers' team Web site states that the McCourts purchased controlling interest in the club on Jan. 29, 2004.

Community property laws in California would give Jamie McCourt a 50 percent share of the McCourt's share of the Dodgers and any of her husband's other assets.

Any uncertainty in the team's future ownership could be resolved if one McCourt buys out the other. Jamie McCourt would be better positioned to make such a move, sources say.

Frank McCourt reportedly financed more than half the purchase price when he bought the Dodgers from FOX Entertainment Inc. - owner of FOXSports.com - for a reported $430 million.

It is not known whether a pre- or post-nuptial agreement exists between Frank and Jamie McCourt that would allow for an orderly ownership transition.

The Dodgers, under the McCourts' ownership, reached the postseason four times in six years.

The McCourts also have invested $140 million in upgrades to Dodger Stadium since 2007, and last spring opened Camelback Ranch, a state-of-the-art spring training facility for the team in Glendale, Ariz.

Back
Top Bottom