Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by BDavis5

drop andrew mccutchen or andre either? hamilton's back from the dl and i need to drop one.

Who is your other OF'er?
jermaine dye and brad hawpe are my other outfielders.

no one wants to trade. for weeks, i've been trying to make a deal work but no one wants to make a trade. i'm afraid my only option is to drop anoutfielder because i want hamilton in my lineup as soon as possible. i've narrowed it down to drop either mccutchen or ethier.

That's tough. Are there any stats you lag? McCutchen will get you SB's so if you don't need SB's then drop Ethier. Ethier hits for some powerand can get you HR's, especially with Manny back in the lineup, but his avg. isn't the greatest.

Honestly, I would keep Hamilton on the DL until he starts driving the ball again. That way, if this proves to be just an injury riddled season for Hamilton youcan drop him if he doesn't start coming thru soon. Or if you really want him back in the lineup, I'd drop Ethier, because hopefully Hamilton will makeup for the power you potentially could lose with Ethier.

Originally Posted by parada45

I am so Glad I did not give up on Wandy Rodriguez

If you guys are looking for a good OF try Denard Span

He is not owned that much but should be
Got 'em both. I almost dumped Wandy a few weeks ago too. PHEW!

Span is the man. Gonna get a few SB's and plenty of runs. I just need to unload another OF'er because I hate having to decide on starting one guy over the other.

Me everyday with Dan Uggla and Ryan Theriot

I swaer everytime I sit Uggla he hits a HR

Word 2 yesterday
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

That's why I like stacking up on pitching...I hate when I have these dilemmas with OF's.
That's exactly how I do...I just noticed in one of our NT leagues Randy Wells and Jose Contreras was still available...I was like
eek.gif
Nabbed them up quick.

And how did you get so many damn points in the other NT league? I have one helluva climb to get to you.

I'm one to also stack up on pitching. That way, I can also "corner the market" and have a lot of trading chips to improve areas on my team.

Manny Parra returned tonight. 7.0 innings, 0 runs, 3 hits, 1 walk and 7 strikeouts (no decision).

Dudes in the NT leagues, don't even bother.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That's why I like stacking up on pitching...I hate when I have these dilemmas with OF's.
That's exactly how I do...I just noticed in one of our NT leagues Randy Wells and Jose Contreras was still available...I was like
eek.gif
Nabbed them up quick.

And how did you get so many damn points in the other NT league? I have one helluva climb to get to you.
laugh.gif
I have absolutely no idea. I never checked the standingsjust set the team up. Then one day I check I was first in both leagues I was stoked
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

There's like 5 or 6 of us who keep up
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

That's why I need to be a part of next year's NT leagues. I'll be active.
happy.gif

I already have plans to not re-up my membership in another league. Stupid GMs pissing me off right now in that league. I'm done with them.

Who should occupy my DL spot? Duchscherer or Peavy? I'm going to drop the other guy. Or should I drop someone else?

I want to pick up Manny Parra.
laugh.gif

Here's my team...
1zfpeg5.png

In my leauge we have 7 active owners. The other 3 gave up because they lost like their first two games
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I keep up! I just don't know how much more I can do to move up one more spot
wink.gif

BTW, here's my updated roster for my other team... In first place
pimp.gif

iqknf6.jpg

Lately, I've been offered tons of deals.

I get:

Morneau

I give:

Verlander

That's the 1 that has me thinking the most, but I feel that Verlnader might turn it around.

Should I do it?

Well that's not to say that Verlander has been bad. He had a 5 start stretch where he gave up 3 0's 1 1 ER and 1 3 ER starts and in his last 4 hehasn't allowed more than 4. Depends on your other 1B and SP. I'd keep Verlander though.

Well that's not to say that Verlander has been bad. He had a 5 start stretch where he gave up 3 0's 1 1 ER and 1 3 ER starts and in his last 4 he hasn't allowed more than 4. Depends on your other 1B and SP. I'd keep Verlander though.
My other 1B's:
Pujols
Adrian Gonzalez
Howard
Branyan

I would then trade Howard for Evan Longoria. IDK if thats a good deal though. Eva is struggling,

My Other Pitchers:

Verlander
Cain
Santana
Hamels
Cueto
Cliff Lee
Javy Vaz
Mo
Broxton
Nathan

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Well that's not to say that Verlander has been bad. He had a 5 start stretch where he gave up 3 0's 1 1 ER and 1 3 ER starts and in his last 4 he hasn't allowed more than 4. Depends on your other 1B and SP. I'd keep Verlander though.
My other 1B's:
Pujols
Adrian Gonzalez
Howard
Branyan

I would then trade Howard for Evan Longoria. IDK if thats a good deal though. Eva is struggling,

My Other Pitchers:

Verlander
Cain
Santana
Hamels
Cueto
Cliff Lee
Javy Vaz
Mo
Broxton
Nathan
Damn what kind of league you playing in where you have those 1B's all on one team? Yahoo league? %**# just boggled my mind.

Originally Posted by bobby1109

Damn what kind of league you playing in where you have those 1B's all on one team? Yahoo league? %**# just boggled my mind.
ESPN.

I drafted Pujols, 3rd overall, drafted Howard 8th round, and Gonzalez via trade.

Your 1B look solid, I'd hold on to Verlander. What kind of FA's are out there for SP's?

Brett Anderson OAK
Volstad- FLA
Jason Hammel COL
Blackburn MIN
Contreras CWS
Randy Wells CHC

If you do decide to go through with the trade I'd pick up Blackburn. I'm shocked he's not picked up as yet. The only knock on him is that the Twinsdon't score that many runs, they're only 8th in the AL. But he's no slouch. He has a sub 3 ERA but is only 7-4...Verlander is 9-5 with an ERA above3.50 with a crummier offense go figure
laugh.gif

If you do decide to go through with the trade I'd pick up Blackburn. I'm shocked he's not picked up as yet. The only knock on him is that the Twins don't score that many runs, they're only 8th in the AL. But he's no slouch. He has a sub 3 ERA but is only 7-4...Verlander is 9-5 with an ERA above 3.50 with a crummier offense go figure
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So do I go through with it or no?

These are the 2 possible deals I have for him:

1) Verlander for Morneau

2) Verlander, Damon, Howard for Longoria, Granderson, Zobrist.

If you had to chose, which 1?

Back
Top Bottom