Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by bobby1109

If you do decide to go through with the trade I'd pick up Blackburn. I'm shocked he's not picked up as yet. The only knock on him is that the Twins don't score that many runs, they're only 8th in the AL. But he's no slouch. He has a sub 3 ERA but is only 7-4...Verlander is 9-5 with an ERA above 3.50 with a crummier offense go figure
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So do I go through with it or no?

These are the 2 possible deals I have for him:

1) Verlander for Morneau

2) Verlander, Damon, Howard for Longoria, Granderson, Zobrist.

If you had to chose, which 1?

2nd one. I don't know how the ESPN league works that's why I'm one the fence. How many players at each position do you start a day? I doubt youhave all those 1B's and they are on the bench
laugh.gif

2nd one. I don't know how the ESPN league works that's why I'm one the fence. How many players at each position do you start a day? I doubt you have all those 1B's and they are on the bench
laugh.gif
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
2B/SS
1B/3B
OF
OF
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
2 Bench.

I could also do 1 thing. Trade Verlander for Morneau and then trade Adrian (Since I'll have Pujols, Howard, Morneau, Branyan, Adrian) and Damon forLongoria and Granderson.

2nd one. I don't know how the ESPN league works that's why I'm one the fence. How many players at each position do you start a day? I doubt you have all those 1B's and they are on the bench
laugh.gif
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
2B/SS
1B/3B
OF
OF
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
2 Bench.

I could also do 1 thing. Trade Verlander for Morneau and then trade Adrian (Since I'll have Pujols, Howard, Morneau, Branyan, Adrian) and Damon for Longoria and Granderson.

That doesn't sound bad. This one or the 2nd trade you had up there in your last post.

Voice of reason I was waiting for you to chime in
laugh.gif

About to hit the post limit on my back-up SN FTL.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Also JoRDaN201, think about picking up Randy Wells. Blackburn and Wells need to be picked up, not on the FA list.

Help me out with the many offers I got, Paul. PLEASE!

Shame Soto had to go on the DL he had been picking it up

Crawford, Bartlett, and Roberts
smh.gif

If you do decide to go through with the trade I'd pick up Blackburn. I'm shocked he's not picked up as yet. The only knock on him is that the Twins don't score that many runs, they're only 8th in the AL. But he's no slouch. He has a sub 3 ERA but is only 7-4...Verlander is 9-5 with an ERA above 3.50 with a crummier offense go figure
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So do I go through with it or no?

These are the 2 possible deals I have for him:

1) Verlander for Morneau

2) Verlander, Damon, Howard for Longoria, Granderson, Zobrist.

If you had to chose, which 1?
Considering your options on the FA list (Randy Wells and Nick Blackburn), I say you make that trade for Morneau. You can pick up both Wells andBlackburn to make up for the departure of Verlander.

Then you can flip it around and do what you said. Trade Adrian Gonzalez and Damon for Longoria and Granderson.

Who would you trade? Jorge Posada or Matt Weiters?

I'm trying to capitalize on Soto being on the DL for about 3 weeks. I'm still trying to get Zobrist on my damn team
embarassed.gif
. Maybe the GM is a little moredesperate now to make a deal.
laugh.gif

Who would you trade? Jorge Posada or Matt Weiters?

I'm trying to capitalize on Soto being on the DL for about 3 weeks. I'm still trying to get Zobrist on my damn team
embarassed.gif
. Maybe the GM is a little more desperate now to make a deal.
laugh.gif
Weiters probably has more trade value.

Posada is old, he plays 3 games, rests 1. Also, he doesn't DH since Matsui is the permanent DH.

I would trade Weiters, since he's still a rookie and he's on a team that doesn't give him many RBI chances.

I just picked up Randy Wells, but I don't have the space to pick up Blackburn. And dropping a player will be hard for me.

I just picked up Randy Wells, but I don't have the space to pick up Blackburn. And dropping a player will be hard for me.
How's your team look like again? How many teams are in your league? I want to see who I might drop if I was in your shoes.

How's your team look like again? How many teams are in your league? I want to see who I might drop if I was in your shoes.
C - Posada
1B - Pujols
2B - Aaron Hill
3B - Figgins
SS - Tulo
2B/SS - N/A
1B/3B - Howard
OF - Ichiro
OF - Damon
OF - McCutchen
OF - Vernon Wells
OF - Posednik
UTIL - Adrain Gonzalez
BENCH- Beltran
BENCH- Branyan

Pitchers:

Santana
Cain
Hamels
Javy Vaz
Verlander
Cliff Lee
Cueto
Peavy
Randy Wells
Mo
Nathan
Broxton

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Four person league?

Drop McCutchen or Podsednik.
10 Player.

And I've been thinking of dropping Podsednik, but then I'm short an OF.

C - Posada
1B - Pujols
2B - Aaron Hill
3B - Figgins
SS - Tulo
2B/SS - N/A
1B/3B - Howard
OF - Ichiro
OF - Damon
OF - McCutchen
OF - Vernon Wells
OF - Posednik
UTIL - Adrain Gonzalez
BENCH- Beltran
BENCH- Branyan

Pitchers:

Santana
Cain
Hamels
Javy Vaz
Verlander
Cliff Lee
Cueto
Peavy
Randy Wells
Mo
Nathan
Broxton
Looking at your team, your weaker players are at OF, specifically McCutchen and Podsednik. I don't know how much you need steals with Figginsand Ichiro on your squad. I'm guessing you can let either McCutchen or Podsednik go. And this is where your surplus of 1B comes in handy. That's whyyou're going to go for Granderson, to solidify your OF'ers. Oh, and you've got Beltran coming back.

Since you're in an ESPN league, what positions is Zobrist eligible for? In Yahoo, Zobrist is 2B/SS/OF. Can he help you in your OF, though he's probablygoing to fit in your SS/2B slot?

Looking at your team, your weaker players are at OF, specifically McCutchen and Podsednik. I don't know how much you need steals with Figgins and Ichiro on your squad. I'm guessing you can let either McCutchen or Podsednik go. And this is where your surplus of 1B comes in handy. That's why you're going to go for Granderson, to solidify your OF'ers. Oh, and you've got Beltran coming back.

Since you're in an ESPN league, what positions is Zobrist eligible for? In Yahoo, Zobrist is 2B/SS/OF. Can he help you in your OF, though he's probably going to fit in your SS/2B slot?
Your God Zobrist plays 2B/SS/OF on ESPN also.

You made a good point though.

Miguel Cabrera hasss blown this year...I want to trade him, but I think its too late now.

Any ideas what I could do

smh.gif
I'm not happy with myself for forgetting to set my roster before today. Thankfully, I at least had Bergesen going in both NT leagues, but I'm losingout on a good performance by Correia. Can't win by doing that. Eh...Hopefully I make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom