Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Didn't start Wells either.
smh.gif
happy.gif

Phew.

Do any of you guys think that Howard is gonna pick it up 2nd half?

And what's up with Longoria? Dude is healthy and in a major slump.

Haha! I finally stuck a deal to get Ben Zobrist!
pimp.gif

I just accepted Zobrist for Billingsley. I think my pitching can afford it. Plus I needed that SS upgrade. I just hope Peavy comes back, but it doesn'tlook too good for him right now
ohwell.gif

200wvhu.png

This kid won't trade me longoria unless I give him Howard.

The thing is, I don't wanna give Howard cause I feel that he's gonna light it up 2nd half while longoria continues to play hurt

I sure hope you're wrong about Longoria because I have him.
laugh.gif

I forget, do you have a need for Longoria? You do have a surplus of 1B and it's better to get something for a 1B than to store one on the bench. Maybe youcould get someone better than Longoria if you're that convinced in Howard.

I picked up Carlos Delgado from the FA and dropped Emilio Bonifacio. He's hitting in the cage and doing fielding and agility drills. I think he'sslated to come back in early August. Before he got hurt, he was doing pretty good for his amount of ABs.

Any word on Dempster or Peavy... or is it still the same news as the last time I checked?
ohwell.gif

I get:
Wainwright or billingsley

And

Sizemore or nelson cruz

I give :

Adrian gonzo

And

Branyan

Which deal should I do, if any?

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I get:
Wainwright or billingsley

And

Sizemore or nelson cruz

I give :

Adrian gonzo

And

Branyan

Which deal should I do, if any?
Yes, do that deal.

Get Billingsley and Sizemore or Cruz... really depends on whether you need HR or SBs and runs.

I want to pick up Duchscherer. He's throwing now and is slated to start his minor league rehab on July 26. I want to pick him up and see if he cancontribute. Since I just traded away Billingsley, I want to get Duchscherer in hopes he can help me feel better about trading away Billingsley. I'mthinking about giving up on Wieters since I already have Posada and I like the fact that Posada plays in the best hitter's park in the majors. If you werein my position, who would you drop?

2naiouh.png

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Yes, do that deal.

Get Billingsley and Sizemore or Cruz... really depends on whether you need HR or SBs and runs.
Damn. I was thinking Wainwright and Grady.

I don't really need HR's or SB's, but neither would hurt. I just feel like Grady is gonna beast 2nd half.

I would say drop Jimenez, but he goes on great streaks and then terrible streaks.

ATTENTION PEAVY OWNERS!

It seems that Peavy is done for the year.

Yes, do that deal.

Damn. I was thinking Wainwright and Grady.

I don't really need HR's or SB's, but neither would hurt. I just feel like Grady is gonna beast 2nd half.
I just like Billingsley more than I like Wainwright but if you want Wainwright, then by all means. I just feel that in the end, Billingsley willhave more wins. I think the Ks and the ERA will be pretty much the same.

I would say drop Jimenez, but he goes on great streaks and then terrible streaks.
Yeah, right now Jimenez is doing well. I'm just hoping he can continue this. I'm liking his strikeout totals so far.

ATTENTION PEAVY OWNERS!

Did you hear this from MLB Network? They said that Peavy played catch today and he's taking it one day at a time. Peavy said he felt good. Notimetable yet. His GM said that it's a 50-50 chance Peavy pitches again this season.
ohwell.gif

Either way, if he is out for so long, how effective will he be? I'd drop him. No telling how he'll do when he comes back.

ATTENTION PEAVY OWNERS!

Did you hear this from MLB Network? They said that Peavy played catch today and he's taking it one day at a time. Peavy said he felt good. No timetable yet. His GM said that it's a 50-50 chance Peavy pitches again this season.
ohwell.gif
Padres general manager Kevin Towers said that it is "50-50" that Peavy (ankle) will pitch again this season, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. "We'll know more when he comes out of the cast. I can't speak for Jake, but I'd much rather have him ready for 2010 than risking more serious injury by coming back too early this year," Towers said.

Spin:
Peavy should be out of his cast within the next few days, but with the Padres in no position to make a playoff run, they won't feel any need to rush their ace back. Another consideration for the Padres is that if Peavy does come back too early and re-injures himself, he loses nearly all of his value on the trade market. You won't want to cut Peavy loose yet, but begin to think about having other options available going forward.

So Grady or Cruz?

I'd do Grady. He's average is coming up finally and he will steal bases for you. Cruz will obviously help in home runs, but Sizemore will hit a fewhere and there.

Now peavy is saying he wants to pitch before the season ends
Haha, now I'm even more confused on what to do with Peavy. I know if he does come back, it'll be in time to help my team in the playoffrounds. I think I'll stash him away on my DL spot a little while longer... until more updates come out on how he's progressing or if he has a setbackor anything.

Oh, and Grady Sizemore over Nelson Cruz.

Only way I keep Peavy on my team is if no one else can occupy the DL spot. Once someone else gets hurt that you know will be back shortly, you're best betwould be to say bye bye to Peavy.

Back
Top Bottom