Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

Originally Posted by simpliSD

which 2 bench rb should i go with out of these? (starting brandon jacobs and deangelo williams)
-pierre thomas, jamal lewis, cedric benson, julius jones, leon washington, or beanie wells
nerd.gif
Pierre Thomas is out this weekend, so not him obviously.
Not Jamal Lewis because he's going up against the Vikings, who have had the #1 rush defense in the league the past three years.

I'd go with Julius Jones and Cedric Benson to be honest with you. Both have favorable matchups.

Against the rush in 2008:

Broncos were 27th
Rams were 29th

So yeah, I'd say Jones and Benson. This the only week I'd feel comfortable starting Jones though.
Originally Posted by sole searchin

Ray rice or Leon washington in a ppr league?
Also, what about Marshall this week? I'd rather not start him but your opinions?
What about Boldin and if he will play or not?
1) either Boldin or Anthony Gonzalez?
I'd go with Leon. It's a toss up though.

I like Marshall every week he starts...so I'm good with Marshall this week. If you're not comfortable starting him though, sit him for a week and seehow he performs and then go from there.

Boldin is questionable, it's still unknown whether he will play or not.

Of Gonzo and Boldin, I'd go with Boldin if he plays, but if there's no clear cut sign whether he's playing or not a little before the Sunday gamesbegin, I'd be safe and go with Gonzalez.
Originally Posted by akm2tan

Should I start thomas jones or kevin smith this week?
Eh. That's tough.

Because both teams are starting rookie QBs I expect to see the run a lot by both teams so the coach can ease the quarterback into it.

Really tough
ohwell.gif
, but I'd go with Jones.

Damn im truly undecided on that. I read all these reports that Thomas Jones wont get that much of a workload with Leon Washington there versus kevin smith hasno competition. Thomas Jones is clearly the better rb though. Its gonna be a game time decision.

so i wanna pickup some sleepers like James Davis, Earl Bennett, or even Laurent Robinson but iono who to drop between Derrick Ward, L. Coles, and Ted Ginn.should i just stick with them or take a risk? no ones really making moves as of right now.

^ I hate making any moves before a season starts, because you never know who will or won't pan out. The likelihood of any of those three, if not all,flaming out this year is very high. The question is, which ones? I wouldn't be confident at all with either of those three, but one of them just might putup solid numbers so it's a tough call.

I think Ginn will bust this year and Ward won't receive any more significant playing time than other backs with TB. Ward does however, play with Cadillacwho is never healthy so that could mean it's worth keeping him around for something. Coles is the third option so he's nothing to write home abouteither. Good luck with that one. I'd say drop Coles for now...Or start flipping coins.

i will be online for most of the day today....

any fantasy football related questions, ask away.

my two starting runningbacks for my money league this week = AP at cle, Ray Rice at KC.......too easy.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

lance moore vs. detroit

or

tory holt vs. indy

any help or comments are appreciated!
Lance Moore.

The Saints will light up the Lions in their own stadium....the only thing you'd have to worry about is them getting off to such a big lead that they wouldgo away from passing just to ease back.

Originally Posted by kingofdacourtz

Bernard Berrian @ Browns
Josh Morgan @ Cards

For my flex spot. Berrian has a bad hamstring and is questionable.
Morgan without a doubt.

Santana Moss vs Giants
Harvin vs Browns
Maclin vs Panthers
Meachem vs Lions

Currently have Moss starting but unsure.

Should I do this trade? Schaub and Marshall for Kurt Warner... I give warner.. get schaub and marshall.. and I have Andre Johnson on my team so it'd giveme the duo there

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Should I do this trade? Schaub and Marshall for Kurt Warner... I give warner.. get schaub and marshall.. and I have Andre Johnson on my team so it'd give me the duo there
I personally don't like Warner this year. I mean the dude is getting old and last year was about as good as he can preform. With Schaub yougotta watch out for injuries, but overall I like this trade. I think you get a lot out of it for relatively little.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Should I do this trade? Schaub and Marshall for Kurt Warner... I give warner.. get schaub and marshall.. and I have Andre Johnson on my team so it'd give
me the duo there
I personally don't like Warner this year. I mean the dude is getting old and last year was about as good as he can preform. With Schaub you gotta watch out for injuries, but overall I like this trade. I think you get a lot out of it for relatively little.

Any other opinons?

PS My other receivers are Holmes, Andre Johnson, Earl Bennet, and Hakim Nicks

thoughts?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Should I do this trade? Schaub and Marshall for Kurt Warner... I give warner.. get schaub and marshall.. and I have Andre Johnson on my team so it'd give
me the duo there
I personally don't like Warner this year. I mean the dude is getting old and last year was about as good as he can preform. With Schaub you gotta watch out for injuries, but overall I like this trade. I think you get a lot out of it for relatively little.

Any other opinons?
Do it. Super Bowl loser curse + Madden curse = Terrible year for Fitzgerald and Warner

me the duo there

do it. Schaub will finish the year with similar if not better numbers than warner. You have nothing to lose by accepting this trade.

Id take that trade in a heartbeat.

I would take Marshall alone for Warner.

Adding Schaub is icing on the cake.

Since P.Thomas is out this week, I have to start either Felix Jones or McCoy.

Im leaning towards Jones.

My other starting RB is Barber tho.

nerd.gif

from what i've heard barbers supposed to be splitting carries going 50/50 with jones...

as opposed to westbrook whos gettin 70% percent, to mc-coys 30%..

i'd start felix.

have u considered picking up mike bell?

Back
Top Bottom