***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

10 out of 12 for the Reds, Here we come
grin.gif

11 out of 13.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

At this point, we need to just shut down Aramis, Z, Harden, Sori, Lee and whoever else to save added wear and tear to their already sucky seasons.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

This is gonna be an interesting offseason.
smh.gif

Carp with the 1 hit complete game shut out.....Whew, this dude has been crazy good this year. Albert apart of all the offense today, good to see that.....butluddy being 0-9 since his 5-5 day is mind boggling.

At least Lee is tryin still.
frown.gif

Ludwick helped me HUGE with that 5-5 gettin me into the Championship in my fantasy league. I had him as an alternate and when Dye didn't play, it allcounted.
laugh.gif

Is it me, or is Marmol all of a sudden throwing well again? Cuz the pressure's off, or should he have been in that role all along?
nerd.gif

Derrek lee is showing some serious heart out there. Things cannot be all that fun in the clubhouse and he is still giving 100%.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Is it me, or is Marmol all of a sudden throwing well again? Cuz the pressure's off, or should he have been in that role all along?
nerd.gif

I think that Marmol really wanted the closer role when he found out that Wood was traded. When they gave him the news that he'd remain a setup guy, it kindof ruined his mental pysche a bit. Now that he's the closer, it got him back to where he was number-wise last season.

Cot dammit..........we need to sign this dude before the season ends......Just give him whatever he wants.

Sign him and albert as a package deal, give them the same amount of money and the same amount of time..........5 years $200 million??????

Thats 20 Million a piece each year....With all this money coming off the books from players that suck and players that have worn out their welcome..........weshould be able to afford that.

Cards continue to be absolutely unreal. Every night is an awesome game to watch.

What a season this has been for the city of St. Louis.

Keep it up, fellas...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wasn't able to watch last nights game, but I was watching the ticker on ESPN. Last I checked it was 3-0 Brewers and I figured Smoltz had gotten jumpedall over again. When I woke up this morning and checked ESPN, I was glad to see that they came back with the win.

Pacmagic, as much as I would love to see Holliday stay, it's not happening. The Cardinals don't have that kind of money nor do I see management dealingwith an agent like Scott Boras. Matt is a rental for this season only, so the Cards need to make it happen.

I honestly believe that if they make a strong push in the playoffs....he will re-sign. The stadium has been packed since his arrival and they see how excitedthe fans are and if they let him go...there will be allot of backlash from the hometown fans.

At least Lee is tryin still.
frown.gif
No doubt....really the only Cub pulling his weight right now.

nerd.gif

I don't get it either. He's been lights out since he got the job. I'll say its cuz the pressure is off.

FIRST BORN, good call on Holliday. He totally is a rental, so now is the time...

And since we have already put up the white flag, I can post this pic....it was only a matter of time before they met....

hsl6cj.jpg

pacmagic2002 wrote:
I honestly believe that if they make a strong push in the playoffs....he will re-sign. The stadium has been packed since his arrival and they see how excited the fans are and if they let him go...there will be allot of backlash from the hometown fans.

Lets be real here, St. Louis fans would support anyone in a Cards uni. The fact that he is doing so well doesn't change the fact that we have a cheapowner. If the Cards spend like the Cubs, I would be more than confident that we could retain him. You and I know that keeping Albert is going to take a miracleall in itself and his contract is coming up in a few.

Back
Top Bottom