Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

All the no.1's have a chance to make it last yr., but there are other very legitimate challengers but Uconn has the easiest road to the FF...other thanmemphis, who I think doesn't have the inside game to match uconn, is the only true legit opposition...OU has a good shot for a long ride, but I thinkinexperience will deter them but if Capel can rally the troops and get their focus, anything can happen and I really like the zags starting 5 in thetourney...there are matchup issues up and down that list...bouldin, daye, and downs will be tough to defend and guard man to man...

Got a friend that works for the NCAA, and he hooked me up with tickets to all the Dayton games.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

1999: #1 Seed in the West: National Champs
2004: #1 Seed in the West: National Champs
2009: #1 Seed in the West: ................................

It's about that time again.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

Originally Posted by show time 96

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I guess my real surprise would be Nova in the Final 4
Real talk i cant see how they can beat Duke if they meet up.

I can.

Their guards are just better then Dukes. But guys like Henderson/Singler would be tough matchups. If Cunningham plays as well as he can. Then Nova should be fine.

Can see Quette over Memphis. Just having them not played anyone really good in a while. They might not be ready. Marquette has not played good at all though. So if they can come out and play I like them.

Marquette is not going to get very far without Dominic James. I can see them beating Utah State and thats it. However, might be a real interesting matchupshould they face Missouri in the 2nd round. After James went down their main problem has been running out of gas in the 2nd half of games. Their bench isreally short and they have nothing in the frontcourt. They already had little margin for error and without James, its even smaller.

I like Wake....a lot.

Remember. They went up and down with Carolina. They can do it with Louisville.

Im really debating how good Memphis is. I want to put them in the final four but I don't know.

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Arizona can easily beat utah, but wake? I don't see that one unless wake's lack of experience hampers them
If Wise and Hill will beast...if Chase can play like he can/should Arizona is a very hard team to beat.

ERIC MAYNOR: THE LEGEND KILLER. FIRST IT WAS DUKE, NOW IT'S BOUND TO BE UCLA!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

VCU ISN'T STOPPING IN THE 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR THOUGH...MAYNOR IS A MAN ON MISSION!

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

VCU ISN'T STOPPING IN THE 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR THOUGH...REMEMBER GEORGE MASON?
happy.gif

If VCU makes it to the sweet 16, they could beat Duke again..........

Who on arizona tho can keep up wit teague and johnson? They are too versatile and Aminu is gonna give budinger all he can handle

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

VCU ISN'T STOPPING IN THE 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR THOUGH...REMEMBER GEORGE MASON?
happy.gif

If VCU makes it to the sweet 16, they could beat Duke again..........
yep, a VCU/Duke rematch would be EPIC! Maynor would crush Duke's chance at redemption. beating 'Nova in Philly will be a tough taskthough- but i think Maynor and co. can overcome the home-court advantage.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

VCU ISN'T STOPPING IN THE 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR THOUGH...MAYNOR IS A MAN ON MISSION!
UCLA will win. Collison will lock Maynor up.

I'm a fan of Maynor..but I really don't like this matchup for VCU.

Can I also state that Tubby will have Minnesota ready to take down Texas and then play a competitive game against Krzyzewski's boys?
58536c39171b840f5b0ce21446e9bb97b100a52f.gif
58536c39171b840f5b0ce21446e9bb97b100a52f.gif

Out of curiosity, why do Morehead St and Alabama St have to play each other for the 16th seed if they had already received automatic bids? I thought automaticbids mean youre in the tournament.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Out of curiosity, why do Morehead St and Alabama St have to play each other for the 16th seed if they had already received automatic bids? I thought automatic bids mean youre in the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom