Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

ERIC MAYNOR: THE LEGEND KILLER. FIRST IT WAS DUKE, NOW IT'S BOUND TO BE UCLA!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

VCU ISN'T STOPPING IN THE 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR THOUGH...MAYNOR IS A MAN ON MISSION!
UCLA will win. Collison will lock Maynor up.

I'm a fan of Maynor..but I really don't like this matchup for VCU.
VCU will win. Collison won't contain Maynor.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Arizona can easily beat utah, but wake? I don't see that one unless wake's lack of experience hampers them
If Wise and Hill will beast...if Chase can play like he can/should Arizona is a very hard team to beat.
The tournament will be Chase's coming out party
pimp.gif

Announcer assignments for the opening rounds, for anybody who cares...

Thursday/Saturday

Greensboro - Jim Nantz/Clark Kellogg
Philadelphia - +*$@ Enberg/Carter Blackburn/Jay Bilas
Portland - Kevin Harlan/Dan Bonner
Kansas City - Tim Brando/Mike Gminski

Friday/Sunday

Dayton - Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery
Minneapolis - Gus Johnson/Len Elmore
Miami - Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel
Boise - Craig Bolerjack/Bob Wenzel

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Ok, enough about the Buckeyes.

Possibly Memphis, Maryland in the second round? I smell upset.

that upset will be courtesy of marquette or mizzou in the Sweet 16.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We gonna %#*$ both of them teams up. I am very happy with how Memphis was dealt. Memphis definitely has one of the easiest paths to another final four.
They dont understand bro. Shhhhh! Lets stay under the radar as usual. I'm liking LOVING usout west.

Originally Posted by archnoobie

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We gonna %#*$ both of them teams up. I am very happy with how Memphis was dealt. Memphis definitely has one of the easiest paths to another final four.
They dont understand bro. Shhhhh! Lets stay under the radar as usual. I'm liking LOVING us out west.

they were the top overall seed in last years tourney and a #2 this year. that's not exactly under the radar.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They dont understand bro. Shhhhh! Lets stay under the radar as usual. I'm liking LOVING us out west.

they were the top overall seed in last years tourney and a #2 this year. that's not exactly under the radar.
laugh.gif

You know what I mean or maybe you dont. We get overlooked as a potential threat to win it all. Its almost like, "Yeah they got a high seed, butthey're not really good enough to win it all." It's really quite interesting. Either way. I'll take it.

All homerism aside Pitt might have an easier bracket than others but if the Noles make it to the sweet 16 I expect them to give Pitt a lot of trouble. Probablynot win but they played earlier in the year at Tally and Pitt only won by 8.

I just hope the Noles make it that far first
laugh.gif

Final 4
Pitt
OU
Memphis
L'ville

maynor gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit.
elaborate, please. Maynor gets waaaaaaaaaaay too little credit. Mr. Maynor is a calm, cool, and collected KILLER. his next victim is DarrenCollison.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
You know what I mean or maybe you dont. We get overlooked as a potential threat to win it all. Its almost like, "Yeah they got a high seed, but they're not really good enough to win it all." It's really quite interesting. Either way. I'll take it.
Memphis has been getting the shaft from *#++%@$ basketball analysts for the past 3-4 years going into the tournament. I know we don't have aton of quality wins since Reke's been playing the 1, but I feel our defense alone can take us very deep.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Portland - Kevin Harlan/Dan Bonner

Minneapolis - Gus Johnson/Len Elmore

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Too bad we're stuck with Gminski...
indifferent.gif

Anybody got the goods on Cal? I honestly haven't seen them play all year so I have no clue what the Terps are getting into. I looked at their resultsthis season, and Washington and Utah were their best wins. Judging solely on who they've beat/lost, I think we got this.
pimp.gif

elaborate, please. Maynor gets waaaaaaaaaaay too little credit. Mr. Maynor is a calm, cool, and collected KILLER. his next victim is Darren Collison.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Please do us all a favor and jump in front of a moving bus...

I have...

Cornell advancing.
Portland State advancing.
Cleveland State making it to the Sweet Sixteen.

Am I crazy?
laugh.gif
(I'm trying to be different because a lot of people who I'mcompeting against are picking most of the favorites to advance..)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

elaborate, please. Maynor gets waaaaaaaaaaay too little credit. Mr. Maynor is a calm, cool, and collected KILLER. his next victim is Darren Collison.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
bam.gif

That's too quick and painless.
If they beat Wake, I like them to advance to the Sweet Sixteen.

I've always thought Cleveland State was one of the best defensive teams in the country; we'll see.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Jerome Randle and Pat Christopher can play ball.
Which team's got the edge in your opinion? Jerome Randle is only 5'10, so I'm hoping Greivis' length can disrupt him. Playing inthe competitive ACC can only help our chances...

Originally Posted by JPZx

I have...

Cornell advancing.
Portland State advancing.

Am I crazy?
laugh.gif
(I'm trying to be different because a lot of people who I'm competing against are picking most of the favorites to advance..)
Sorta. The people who are in your pool aren't just taking the popular picks. Those squads are expected to lose and not put up much of a fight.If Cleveland St. somehow wins then i could easily see them making it to the 16 but I don't see how the compete with Wake.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Anybody got the goods on Cal? I honestly haven't seen them play all year so I have no clue what the Terps are getting into. I looked at their results this season, and Washington and Utah were their best wins. Judging solely on who they've beat/lost, I think we got this.
pimp.gif
Maryland better get out and defend the 3 pt. line. Cal leads the nation in 3 point FG %.

And as Allen said, Randle and Pat Christopher can play.

Back
Top Bottom