Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Memphis is going to have trouble getting past the second round, let alone the Final Four............

I hope.

Y'all aren't making it past thursday bro
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Yea about that...
nerd.gif
Just search on google for "how to print screen." There's a print screen button on your keyboard...push that, then paste the pictureinto Paint or something similar. Upload it to photobucket or whatever and you're good to go.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

and a&m isnt knocking off uconn.
I was kidding...I don't even know if I'm gonna have A&M playing UConn. I'm having some troubles picking this A&M/BYU game...

Hey guys, can you critique this bracket for me? Like I said I'm new to this and it's my first bracket. Obviously there's a lot of bias involved butI'm out strictly to win against my friends. Any help would be really appreciated.

Marquette over Memphis

Like Dre was saying. I don't know how much I should invest in Wake. I really liked them earlier. I think they can take Ville.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Memphis is going to have trouble getting past the second round, let alone the Final Four............

I hope.
i don't know about all that. how do we match up with Memphis in any way? Memphis is the worst possible team we can play in the entire field of65. a fast team like Memphis who can defend is our worst nightmare.

laugh.gif
you might be asking for way too much... i firmly believe we SHOULD beat Cal and can call our season a great success. but after that...

i've been doing a little research on Cal though. apparently as a team they shoot lights out from three, and they have a quick ****** PG who can getbuckets. the flipside of that, is that Vasquez at 6'6 will eat his lunch on offense. i think Gary should put Mosley on him. he's quick enough to staywith him, and he's a great defender (he basically shut down Henderson on Friday). they also have a 7-footer
eek.gif
... sounds like big trouble, butapparently he's a stiff.

i definitely think we can take this one. Gary will coach 'em up.
Like Dre was saying. I don't know how much I should invest in Wake. I really liked them earlier. I think they can take Ville.

Wake? those dudes are falling apart. i wouldn't invest anything in them. in my opinion, it seems like they are not responsive to Guadio anymore. some ofthose guys have really low bball IQ. Aminu can have anything he wants inside against anybody in the country, but against MD, he was standing outside the arcjacking threes. Teague has been taking horrible shots and not taking it inside. and we all know that despite their super-talented teams, Wake has a very poortrack record in the tournament. James Johnson is a BEAST though.

Roman...I would choose a little more upsets...there is usually a cinderella team that makes an unexpected run and wins a few games.

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

What are you guys thinking on Texas/Duke?

Kansas/West Va?
can't say much about Kansas/WVU, but you can never go wrong picking Duke to lose in the second round
laugh.gif

in reality though, Duke is not all that. they live and die by the three, and have no inside presence whatsoever. i just don't see them making a deep run.(wishes they were our 2-seed)

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by dreClark

I wanna pick the Zags, and Jeremy Pargo is my dude, I @%*%$ w/ his game, but I don't have faith in that dude leading them to a win over UNC.

I've seen him dissapear far too many times.
Which is exactly why they have Bouldin controlling the game now. Zags over UNC in Sweet 16
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
I've been saying it since page 1. Gonzaga is beating UNC. Btw right now I'm on the fence with UCONN. Only like 3 players on that team havewon a tournament game. If Purdue can beat Washington they'll beat UCONN. With that said I have Washington over Purdue. Pabs how good is Washington thisyear since I know you follow them.

I'm going to be disappointed with anything less than a National Championship.
laugh.gif

I mean, that is the purpose of the NCAA tournament, right?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

What are you guys thinking on Texas/Duke?

Kansas/West Va?
can't say much about Kansas/WVU, but you can never go wrong picking Duke to lose in the second round
laugh.gif

in reality though, Duke is not all that. they live and die by the three, and have no inside presence whatsoever. i just don't see them making a deep run. (wishes they were our 2-seed)

Why? So we could beat y'all $*% for the fourth consecutive time?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The game that has me puzzled is USC/Mich St. I'm tempted to put USC in just cause, but Izzo is a tournament time coach and its hard to pick against him,ESPECIALLY this early in the tourney.

Does anybody know if Joe Mazzulla is anywhere close to being able to play in the tourney? I assume he won't, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Michigan St. is still suspect to me. I liked them coming into this year, but I've yet to see anything that makes me put them in the Final 4. I've gotWVU over them in the Sweet 16 at this point.

EVERY YEAR michigan st. and arizona let me down...but EVERY year i have them on decent over-acheiving runs. this year will be the same, at least for MSU
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Clev state will beat wake forest....i guarantee it

No I think they'll beat Cleveland State, I just don't see them getting past the 2nd round.

Michigan St. is still suspect to me. I liked them coming into this year, but I've yet to see anything that makes me put them in the Final 4. I've got WVU over them in the Sweet 16 at this point.
Hmm WVU over KU?

What 12 y'all got over a 5 this year.
I'm riding Arizona to the Sweet 16 this year I think
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

DOWNTOWN43 wrote:

Why? So we could beat y'all $*% for the fourth consecutive time?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The game that has me puzzled is USC/Mich St. I'm tempted to put USC in just cause, but Izzo is a tournament time coach and its hard to pick against him, ESPECIALLY this early in the tourney.
I chose USC.. they hot right now

Western Kentucky definitely.

Illinois can't score.

And there's no way Cleveland St beats Wake. Let's not get carried away, the Deacons are WAY too athletic for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom