|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Don't know much about Holland, but I really wish they would have picked up Schroeder.
Peter Holland is a very good player, probably a better pick than Schroeder IMO. He's a big boy and has all the tools to become a completeplayer. He played for the Guelph Storm & put up very good numbers this past year. 68GP with 28 goals & 39 assists for 67 points and was a +10. Scored 4goals in the 4 playoff games they played this year and also had 2 assists in the All-Star game. Give him time in the AHL to develop for a few years andhe's going to be great alonside Perry/Getzlaf/Ryan etc......

ATFK you guys got a great pick in Ethan Werek. First year in the O this past season andplayed on one of the worst teams and still put up 32 goals and 32 assists in 66 games and was only a -5. He's also a pretty big guy and he'lldefinitely bring some offense to your squad. One of my good buddies played with him this past year so I got to see him out a few times, he'll loveNY
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Former 1st round draft pick Brian Boyle has been dealt to the NY Rangers in exchange for the Rangers 3rd round draft pick in 2010.

I would have thought Boyle's stock would be hire than getting back a 3rd round pick.
2nd round would of been nice but then again, he didn't play much.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Rumor: Nik Antropov is seeking long term contract worth $5mil/per
A perennial underachiever who has never scored more than 56 points in a season wants 5 mil/per???
laugh.gif
yeah ok.....

He'll be in the KHL very soon.

Some quotes from coach John Tortorella at Prospect camp today...
pimp.gif

"As far as the lines are concerned, as far as the makeup of our team, from Scott Gomez right on down, the only guy I know is gonna be there is Hank. He's gonna be our starting goalie. But other than that, it's wide open. And I'm not afraid of youth. It's going to be done on merit,." Tortorella said shortly after the first day of prospect camp here in Westchester.
"We got two hot meals a day, we got a great practice facility, we got limos flying all over the place, we got New York City, the theaters, I need this, I need that," he said. "It's time to put your hand, instead of asking for more, take it away and start getting things done."

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

He was supposed to decide by today I think.... I have no clue.

My guess would be Toronto though.

He narrowed it to Dallas and Toronto.
I say Toronto has the best chance, since he will most likely find more significant playing time here.
Also, I think we recently hired a goaltending coach, who worked with Jonas in the past - so that may give us an edge.
Is he all hype though or is he actually the real deal?

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Is he all hype though or is he actually the real deal?
He was really good in the SEL and he broke some of Henrik Lundqvist's records there so he could turn out to be really good.

I've never seen him play so I really don't know.

Back
Top Bottom