Official 2009 NLDS Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers SWEEP St. Louis Cardinals!!! Vol. Unfinished Business

East Coast bias.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How the hell do you schedule a 3pm Pacific time start, in Los Angeles, on a weekday.

serious question, anyone else noticing that these games might not sell out? still tickets on ticketmaster and ebay is flooded. you can get tickets well underface value on ebay actually.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

serious question, anyone else noticing that these games might not sell out? still tickets on ticketmaster and ebay is flooded. you can get tickets well under face value on ebay actually.

That would suck. Don't the Dodgers have any say in the starting times?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

East Coast bias.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How the hell do you schedule a 3pm Pacific time start, in Los Angeles, on a weekday.
California's budget crisis will only worsen with the lack of productivity on Thursday.
ohwell.gif

Stadium will be half full on Thursday. *%#@ is unexcusable.

These are non east coast teams, therefore @+*! them.

Thursday, October 8 Dodger Stadium | TBD

Where is everyone getting the 3pm start from?

The dodger site still shows TBD

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Thursday, October 8 Dodger Stadium | TBD

Where is everyone getting the 3pm start from?

The dodger site still shows TBD

i got a text from a friend this morning so i just assumed it was true when i came on here and saw people echoing it. it makes sense for the yankees to go thatroute anyway

Won't a 3pm start affect the pitching with shadows and all? Also, the way the ball carries at that time? Just think a night game gives the Dodgerstrue home-field advantage. This makes me uneasy.

Just met up with our resident Dodger employee, he said as of late this evening there's been no change in rules for tailgating or even alcohol.

Homer alert - I got the Cardinals in 5.

This may sounds stupid, but the Cardinals have had some great NLDS success under LaRussa - now I know none of it means anything now, but track record has to begood for something.

2006 San Diego Padres Won, 3-1
2005 San Diego Padres Won, 3-0
2004 Los Angeles Dodgers Won, 3-1
2002 Arizona Diamondbacks Won, 3-0
2001 Arizona Diamondbacks Lost, 3-2
2000 Atlanta Braves Won, 3-0
1996 San Diego Padres Won, 3-0

Put em all together and the Cards are 6-1 in the NLDS (20-5 overall), with the only series loss coming to the 2001 World Champions who had Schilling andJohnson both in their prime.

Carpenter and Wainwright are the reasons I think the Cardinals will be victorious, I think it will be hard for the Dodgers to beat them in 2 out of 4 starts,with only one of those starts coming on short rest (Carp, game 4 I believe).

Nonetheless, it should be a good series.

JCH3 wrote:
Homer alert - I got the Cardinals in 5.

This may sounds stupid, but the Cardinals have had some great NLDS success under LaRussa - now I know none of it means anything now, but track record has to be good for something.

2006 San Diego Padres Won, 3-1
2005 San Diego Padres Won, 3-0
2004 Los Angeles Dodgers Won, 3-1
2002 Arizona Diamondbacks Won, 3-0
2001 Arizona Diamondbacks Lost, 3-2
2000 Atlanta Braves Won, 3-0
1996 San Diego Padres Won, 3-0

Put em all together and the Cards are 6-1 in the NLDS (20-5 overall), with the only series loss coming to the 2001 World Champions who had Schilling and Johnson both in their prime.

Carpenter and Wainwright are the reasons I think the Cardinals will be victorious, I think it will be hard for the Dodgers to beat them in 2 out of 4 starts, with only one of those starts coming on short rest (Carp, game 4 I believe).

Nonetheless, it should be a good series.
Carpenter and Wainwright not only have to be lights out, but the Cardinals offense also needs to show up for the postseason.

[table][tr][td]
Division Series
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm. 1[/td] [td]STL@LAD[/td] [td]Wed., Oct. 7[/td] [td]9:37 ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm. 2[/td] [td]STL@LAD[/td] [td]Thu., Oct. 8[/td] [td]6:07 or 9:37 ET**[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm. 3[/td] [td]LAD@STL[/td] [td]Sat., Oct. 10[/td] [td]6:07 ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm. 4*[/td] [td]LAD@STL[/td] [td]Sun., Oct. 11[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gm. 5*[/td] [td]STL@LAD[/td] [td]Tue., Oct. 13[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*If necessary
**Game time depends on ALDS schedule
All games on TBS[/td] [/tr][/table]

Damn these schedules are starting to become annoying
laugh.gif

Is anything set in stone yet because I swear I've seen like almost 5 with different times.

I know Carpenter and Wainwright are both having amazing seasons, but lets not discredit how well the Dodgers pitching staff has done.

They've ended the season with the best ERA in the NL and yes I know this is the post-season and it comes down your top 3 starters ... I'm just saying,our staff ain't no slouch.

If this game gets down to bullpens .... the Dodgers have the clear advantage there.

Game time tomorrow, can't wait.

Gettin my NewCastles ready
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif

Is anything set in stone yet because I swear I've seen like almost 5 with different times.

I know Carpenter and Wainwright are both having amazing seasons, but lets not discredit how well the Dodgers pitching staff has done.

They've ended the season with the best ERA in the NL and yes I know this is the post-season and it comes down your top 3 starters ... I'm just saying, our staff ain't no slouch.

If this game gets down to bullpens .... the Dodgers have the clear advantage there.

pimp.gif

Just be careful in the parking lots, the securities even ticket you if you are drinking in your car.

Keep a look out!

laugh.gif

They've ended the season with the best ERA in the NL and yes I know this is the post-season and it comes down your top 3 starters ... I'm just saying, our staff ain't no slouch.

pimp.gif
Agreed. This is really pissing me off.

Thursday night I have Mizzou on national TV, the Cardinals/Dodgers game 2 and the Blues home opener. This night could wind up really good, or really bad.

I think the bullpen disparity isn't as large as you think it is, especially if Smoltz is in the pen. This series will come down to the offenses, I thinkall of the pitching will most likely cancel out.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Just be careful in the parking lots, the securities even ticket you if you are drinking in your car.

Keep a look out!
they give out tickets? like a real drinking in public ticket? wow.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Keep a look out!
I saw them writing up a handful of guys before during the Angels series, don't know what exactly it says or for how much, but I saw themwriting.
laugh.gif

It has to be.

Nice, I'm taking the same or modelos depending on the weather. I'm pretty sure there is going to be a lot people at the parking lotgetting blasted. This is the playoffs baby, it's time to step my game up like Team USA from Beerfest.

What time are you heading over BrightNikes? I want to be there by 4, 4:30 the latest

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Keep a look out!
I saw them writing up a handful of guys before during the Angels series, don't know what exactly it says or for how much, but I saw them writing.
laugh.gif

It has to be.

i think if you use plastic cups, you should be ok. just dont be drinking out of bottles in the middle of the driveway or anything

I cant wait for the game tomorrow! It's been a long 2 years since my cardinals haven't been in the postseason. i predicit we will take the series in 4

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Joe is starting Belliard over Hudson.

Padilla will start game 3, Bills game 4

The fact that Hudson has not been hitting, is a big factor. This team needs all the offense it can get the first 2 games, against great pitchers.

If Russell Martin can go back to the old Russ, then the sky is the limit for this group. And mother #!%@$# Loney has to step it up!!!

We are all hoping and assuming the regulars will get the job done, Furcal, Kemp, Ethier, Manny etc..

Dodgers Lineup for tomorrow:

Furcal
Kemp
Ethier
Ramirez
Loney
Blake
Belliard
Martin
Wolf

Back
Top Bottom