Official 2009 NLDS Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers SWEEP St. Louis Cardinals!!! Vol. Unfinished Business

Right Field Pav Section 308. I'm planning on getting to the ballpark at 4-4:15 Planning to park in section 6. It will be nice meeting you guys.

IYN, Mr. J, Bright, 562,French?

Side-note: Anyone interested in tickets, I have 4 section 37 Reserve level for face, I think it's row g or f.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Right Field Pav Section 308. I'm planning on getting to the ballpark at 4-4:15 Planning to park in section 6. It will be nice meeting you guys.

IYN, Mr. J, Bright, 562,French?

Side-note: Anyone interested in tickets, I have 4 section 37 Reserve level for face, I think it's row g or f.

nah, but i am interested in some of those hot dogs you can throw over the fence
wink.gif

I'll take some nachos amarus
happy.gif

i'll be in LF pav but lets see if I can work my magic and get some baller field seats by the end of the night
nerd.gif

I've been stiffed by my "boys" on game 2.

I've got tickets.

I'm going regardless I don't give two ##$$!.

but i've got extras.

Get at me.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Just hit up the first playoffs thread I found to ask something. Anyone want to make a LAA vs. BOS thread?
nerd.gif

Because here's the thing, I'm not making the thread, because then we'll lose.

Apparently BOS fans don't want to make the thread because they want to keep the series discussion in the Boston Season thread. That's not going to work.

So does a neutral party want to make the thread?
nerd.gif

Fear is something you will have to overcome ska. I don't think anybody will make the thread for you. Good luck.

But before I go, let me gift you with this.

a6716e382d759aee9e86a72ed1d47c2e7c648f65.jpg

Regarding Manny, I do know this: if we do get past the Sox and on to the WS and the Dodgers also make it to the WS, I'll be just as afraid of the Dodgersbecause of Manny as I am of the Red Sox.

The Red Sox kill us, and Manny kills us.

laugh.gif

I will post this in the series thread as well. First of all, just to clear some things up. They DO NOT hand out tickets if they catch you drinking in theparking lot. They give you a written warning, they log your name and your license plate. If they catch you drinking again, they will tell you to leave,that's it. No ticket. However, they can give you a ticket since LAPD is patroling, so if you give the Security Guards (sworn LAPD officers that are offduty) any lip, they will call their buddies on the bike and they will site you.

As far as the 3pm start on Wedneseday,
eyes.gif
. It doesn't make senseat all.

It would be more convenient for us to have that slot both days.

The Yankees would have a 6pm start time for both their games (Eastern Time). Instead they have a 6pm start and a 9pm start, wasn't MLB/Fox/TBS tryingto avoid late starts by East Coast teams.

Just think, imagine if one of our games at Dodger Stadium had a 9pm start....
laugh.gif

I could see the ratings argument, but still a game with a 9pm start time must suck.

Here is to a good series....
Veteran team like the Cards will handle their business in my opinion (go to the World Series).
eyes.gif

We are young, but not spring chickens. Plus the nucleus went to the NLCS last season.

Hasn't pujols %+#* on you guys throughout his entire career though?
He has,
ohwell.gif

But not this year,
smokin.gif

6/27, .222 BA, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 7BB, 1IBB

y brother told me there is NO tailgaiting allowed at Chavez....that true? If so, that is absolutely horrible. Part of the experience!!
It's different than AT&T Park. The parking lots are spread out and all over the place, plus there are private lots. It is sort of likethe parking set up that Staples Center has. The Dodger Stadium parking lot is adjacent to the stadium, all of it. Plus, they let people tailgate,unfortunately people do not know how to control themselves when they are under the influence and a few have ruined it for everybody.

I've been to a ton of tailgates at USC without an incident, everyone is cool and has a good time. However, at Dodger Stadium
smh.gif

We will see how it goes.

I like how everyone is saying "Wainwright this and Wainwright that" while completely pooh-pooing Clayton Kershaw. Both have minimal experience inthe playoffs as relievers. They both had solid years. Kershaw got some flak for having some shaky starts early in the year, but he has been solid the pasttwo months. Yes, he did injure himself (
laugh.gif
), but that my work in ourfavor, since it allowed him to rest.

I'm fired up for tomorrow.
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who's ready? I'm ready!

A lot of us really aren't gonna be in this thread, so Sin & FB23 go hard in here.

Wolf needs to come with it, if he CANNOT spot that curve we'll have a tough day tonight.

This first game is a MUST WIN because we all know all that hard work we put for HFA goes down the drain.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who's ready? I'm ready!

A lot of us really aren't gonna be in this thread, so Sin & FB23 go hard in here.

Wolf needs to come with it, if he CANNOT spot that curve we'll have a tough day tonight.

This first game is a MUST WIN because we all know all that hard work we put for HFA goes down the drain.

Goodluck with the traffic, and be safe guys.

Don't do anything IYN would do. (Raider Fan)
laugh.gif

I'll be watching the game full on, so I'm not gonna really post tonight. Only after the game. Let's GO DODGERS!

Should be a good one tonight. I'll be watching from work (and posting throughout) but not for the rest of the series, probably.

And I agree with IronMan about the experience thing. I don't see it really playing a factor in this series. Did Kershaw pitch last year in the postseason?If he didn't, he is about the only player I could see not having a great first postseason outing.

Originally Posted by JCH3

Should be a good one tonight. I'll be watching from work (and posting throughout) but not for the rest of the series, probably.

And I agree with IronMan about the experience thing. I don't see it really playing a factor in this series. Did Kershaw pitch last year in the postseason? If he didn't, he is about the only player I could see not having a great first postseason outing.
I like how everyone is saying "Wainwright this and Wainwright that" while completely pooh-pooing Clayton Kershaw. Both have minimal experience in the playoffs as relievers

my ONLY gripe with MLB compared to the NBA is the fact that the local markets don't air the local teams divisional games.

Unless if i'm mistaken, i've seen the lakers on KCAL in the first round before

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

my ONLY gripe with MLB compared to the NBA is the fact that the local markets don't air the local teams divisional games.

Unless if i'm mistaken, i've seen the lakers on KCAL in the first round before
Kcal calls it quits at regular season's end.

Foxsports West is allowed to air home games during the first round.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Originally Posted by JCH3

And I agree with IronMan about the experience thing. I don't see it really playing a factor in this series. Did Kershaw pitch last year in the postseason? If he didn't, he is about the only player I could see not having a great first postseason outing.
I like how everyone is saying "Wainwright this and Wainwright that" while completely pooh-pooing Clayton Kershaw. Both have minimal experience in the playoffs as relievers

Gotcha. I don't think Wainwright has that much of an edge over Kershaw, especially since the Cardinals can't hit LHP.

Both throw a lot of pitches too, that game 2 could come down to the bullpens.

This should be a great series. I'm curious how the Dodgers' young bats handle Carpenter and Wainwright.

It seems like every single Dodgers fan on this board will be at the game.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Pretty much man with the exception of 2 or 3.

IYN what you drinking today .. Smirnoff Ice?

I'm not young anymore i've been playing baseball since I was 4 time to do my thang - Bison

Let's get it Dodgers step 1 in our journey for the title!

Back
Top Bottom