OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

despite my funds i wanted the white 86-87 jersey but it doesnt come in a s-m. something tells me i wouldnt look good in a 4xl
laugh.gif

theres some sick people out there
30t6p3b.gif

[h1]Widow of NHL coach Burns robbed hours after funeral[/h1]

By Monique Muise and Pat Hickey, Postmedia NewsNovember 30, 2010 5:06 PMComments (78)

[img]http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/3902412.bin[/img]

More Images »

[h1]Line Burns, wife of former Montreal Canadiens coach Pat Burns, carries an urn in the shape of a Stanley Cup out of Mary, Queen of the World Cathedral in Montreal Monday, November 29, 2010. Burns died of cancer earlier this month.[/h1][h2]Photograph by: John Kenney/THE GAZETTE[/h2]

MONTREAL — The widow of former NHL coach Pat Burns received a rude surprise when she retrieved her car Tuesday morning, hours after hundreds had gathered to pay tribute to the three-time NHL coach of the year at his downtown Montreal funeral.

Line Gignac's car, which had been parked overnight in Old Montreal during Burns' funeral, had been broken into and thieves stole personal effects as well as a large collection of memorabilia that was to be auctioned to raise funds for the construction of the Pat Burns Arena in Stanstead, Que.

The stolen items included 30 sweaters autographed by star NHL players.

"It's deplorable," said former NHL player Robin Burns, who is Pat's cousin. "I don't think the thieves knew whose car it was. They just saw the stuff in the car and broke the window. The police are on the case. They had their forensic people go over the car."

A police spokeswoman said the thieves knew whose property they were dealing with after they gained access to the silver 2009 Volkswagen Touareg.

"They went through his stuff," said Const. Anie Lemieux of the Montreal police, who noted Burns's wallet was in the car. "The person who left with the shirts and everything knows that this is Pat Burns's stuff."

The crime was committed between midnight and 9 a.m. when Gignac discovered the theft.

The police are also appealing to the public — and the thieves — for help in recovering the articles.

Police are asking anyone with information, or anyone who might spot the items on a website or in a pawnshop to call their confidential Info-Crime line at 514-393-1133.

The thief, or thieves, are also being encouraged to call the line, Lemieux added. They can set up a drop-off point for the items, and no questions will be asked.

The car contained hockey sweaters signed by NHL stars from nearly every team in the league, family photographs, a Movado watch belonging to Burns, jewelry belonging to his widow, several credit cards and two suitcases filled with clothing that belonged to Burns and his wife.

The stolen items also include an iPad and linen from the palliative care centre where Burns died.

"You cannot put a price on these items," Lemieux said.

The former NHL coach died Nov. 19 at a palliative care home in Sherbrooke, Que., after a long battle with cancer. He was 58.

Burns won 501 games in 15 seasons as an NHL coach with the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils, whom he led to the 2002-03 Stanley Cup title.

[emoji]169[/emoji] Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...fter+funeral/3906577/story.html#ixzz16oyYAA83

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

^ saw that earlier... probably one of the top 10 most disgusting things a human being ever did.
Word. 
30t6p3b.gif

I hope the thieves return the items.

back from my 3 day NT-imposed hiatus
laugh.gif

but, I'm LOVING the trade the caps made for Hannan. He's exactly what this team needs...a stud on the PK, and a dude who isn't afraid to block shots. Caps now have a pretty deep top-6 on defense, and most importantly....DEPTH.

Green/Schultz
Alzner/Carlson
Poti/Hannan

Erskine (who has been playing AWESOME)/Sloan/Fahey

I think this was a panic move by the Avs in the wake of Chris Stewart breaking his hand....Fleishmann is gonna frustrate the %%@# outta that fan base. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs... *shrugs* He's got the talent, but he disappears more often than not...

Oh yeah....my boy Greg Mauldin puttin' in work
pimp.gif

Wow thats terrible stuff with that Burns story

On a more positive note the Pens and Crosby are going nuts right now. I just hope they can do this come playoff time

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Wings go into San Jose and get the win. Pasha's goal was sweet and we continue to roll...
Approved. Team looks really good. Howard is not letting down which is what Ozzie would do too much. Kid is solid between the pipes. I have a good feeling about this year. Last year was too many injuries to too many good players. Thank God the injury bug has stayed away and hopefully it will continue to.

didnt modano suffer a serious arm injury recently?

anyways, i hope they catch the thieves once their dumbasses puts the jerseys up for sale

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Wings go into San Jose and get the win. Pasha's goal was sweet and we continue to roll...
Approved. Team looks really good. Howard is not letting down which is what Ozzie would do too much. Kid is solid between the pipes. I have a good feeling about this year. Last year was too many injuries to too many good players. Thank God the injury bug has stayed away and hopefully it will continue to.

We have been able to avoid the injury bug **knocks on wood**. Now if only Flip can bust out and become that 2nd line center the team is looking for. Franz needs to start playing more consistent too.

Kings traded for Marco Sturm, but isn't he injured right now?? Bruins fans, when was he expected to return?

Also, they demoted Brayden Schenn to the junior league, I wonder if this means a trade coming in the near future.

Mid-December. I feel like a genius cause I told a few of my boys the obvious, best solution to the cap problems was trading Sturm.
laugh.gif

Welcome back, Marc Savard.
pimp.gif

theres no team in the nhl that i hate more than the maple leafs and brian burke

see if we can carry that momentum from yesterday into tonight

edit - ebs
pimp.gif

Marco Sturm still may be a trade option for the Boston Bruins, but for now he will stay and continue to train with the team.

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli released a statement following Thursday's 8-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning saying that there "is no trade in place for Marco."

Chiarelli also confirmed that he has been discussing a potential trade for Sturm with other teams, and has talked to Sturm himself about waiving his no-trade clause, but for now the injured forward will stay in Boston.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

what a game...just got back from it. the teams looked completely different the last two nights.

savvy is back
pimp.gif

the Caps are one big train wreck right now ... Bruce has these lines all jumbled up, Ovechkin is pressing every shift to score a goal and the offense is sputtering ... Hannan looked great last night and is definitely going to help the blue line this year ... we need to make a trade for another impact offensive player ... Mike Green is allergic to clearing the puck out of the zone and i hope we get rid of his sorry self for either an impact o-man or a strictly defensive blue liner ... this tweener stuff is costing us wins ...

which leads me to my next topic, we signed brett flemming to a 3-year deal ... he is an undersized defenseman who thinks about offense too much ... i hope someone in our organization grabs him and adds about 20 pounds of muscle and tells him to stick to defense ...

cindy is going bonkers ... smh

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

the Caps are one big train wreck right now ... Bruce has these lines all jumbled up, Ovechkin is pressing every shift to score a goal and the offense is sputtering ... Hannan looked great last night and is definitely going to help the blue line this year ... we need to make a trade for another impact offensive player ... Mike Green is allergic to clearing the puck out of the zone and i hope we get rid of his sorry self for either an impact o-man or a strictly defensive blue liner ... this tweener stuff is costing us wins ...

which leads me to my next topic, we signed brett flemming to a 3-year deal ... he is an undersized defenseman who thinks about offense too much ... i hope someone in our organization grabs him and adds about 20 pounds of muscle and tells him to stick to defense ...

cindy is going bonkers ... smh

Huh?  They won 4 straight before last night's loss.  If this is what it means to be a "train wreck," I'll take it.  Also, as far as Ovechkin....he's not scoring as many goals...however, he's playing a better TEAM game.  He's getting others involved (look at the assists), and guys like Backstrom are picking up the slack w. putting the puck in the net. 

Also, I dunno what you're talking about w. Green....but he's been playing the best hockey of his career.  He's showing his accountablility in the defensive zone.  He's looked more like the 2009 version of Duncan Keith than the Green we're accustomed(sp?) to watching. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Huh?  They won 4 straight before last night's loss.  If this is what it means to be a "train wreck," I'll take it.  Also, as far as Ovechkin....he's not scoring as many goals...however, he's playing a better TEAM game.  He's getting others involved (look at the assists), and guys like Backstrom are picking up the slack w. putting the puck in the net. 

Also, I dunno what you're talking about w. Green....but he's been playing the best hockey of his career.  He's showing his accountablility in the defensive zone.  He's looked more like the 2009 version of Duncan Keith than the Green we're accustomed(sp?) to watching. 

they won 4 straight against some bums ... who was it the hurricanes and the blues? gimme a break ...

Ovechkin isn't playing any type of team game ... most of his assists are either 2nd hand or off rebounds from wild attempts ... and this is coming from an Ovi fanatic ... he is taking chances and getting burnt on defense ... last night alone he let up 3 breakaways because he decided to try and make a play on the puck or cherry pick at the blue line ...

the only positive from Ovechkin in the last 10 games or so is that defenses are so worried about swarming him that backstrom and semin get a few open looks ... it has nothing to do with his "team" game but rather an overplay by the opponents ... i mean yeah it gets it done for the time being but you saw last night what happens when a team gets a goal up on us, they just collapse back and make someone else beat them ...

you comparing mike green to duncan keith is BLASPHEMY ... the only dude i know that winds up for a clear with no one in front of him and manages to hit the only opposing player ... he is basura ... im sick and tired of that bum ... give me another hannan and someone like flash in return for green and i'm celebrating ... 

Back
Top Bottom