OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

^ i wouldnt pay him any attention in this thread, DJs...you've seen what he says elsewhere in the forum
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ i wouldnt pay him any attention in this thread, DJs...you've seen what he says elsewhere in the forum
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But for real...I loved the B's gameplan vs. the Caps last night.  They did a hell of a job neutralizing Ovechkin.  I think teams took note of how the Canadiens played against the Caps and are making adjustments this season. 

If I was to rate the Caps on a scale of 1-10 as far as how they've played so far this season, I'd give them a 6....and that's being VERY generous.  A 6 because they've won games and the goaltending has been excellent.  However, I believe they haven't scored the first goal in any of the games in which they've played....and haven't played a complete 60 minute game with a good effort on both offense/defense so far.  I know it will come, and my expectations for the team are pretty high...but they look sluggish. 

And for all the people who hate on Mike Green...not having him for the past 2 games (and putting a lot of the load on Carlson) has been tough on the defense.  In the games he's played, Green has done his best Duncan Keith impression.  There's a long way to go, but if Green keeps playing the way he has, he may actually walk home w. the Norris.  Dude has been a defensive stalwart so far in the young season.  Caps need him back ASAP. 

Well, tomorrow night's game should be fun to watch.  B's are playing well and the Caps need to bounce back after the loss.  I expect more fireworks, and I hope to see Lucic/Erskine round-3. 

laugh.gif

i havent been in this thread enough ... i picked the Bruins to win before the season started ... last year's playoffs and the additions they made put them at the top of the league in my eyes ... they have the defense to stop anyone, a goalie who is consistent and improved their O dramatically from last season ...

i made a similar claim last year about chicago and everyone did the same ... you may not like me in the forum, but i'm always right
laugh.gif

*bump* for CP

laugh.gif

DJs...is mike green going to play tomorrow night?

He was a game-time decision last night...so I'd guess he be the same for tomorrow.  Caps need him out there BADLY. 

i havent been in this thread enough ... i picked the Bruins to win before the season started ... last year's playoffs and the additions they made put them at the top of the league in my eyes ... they have the defense to stop anyone, a goalie who is consistent and improved their O dramatically from last season ...

Tim Thomas and consistent are two things that don't belong in the same sentence....Bro, they are 4 games in...which is HARDLY enough of a sample for anyone to be claiming that they're going to win the East, let alone the Stanley Cup.  Nathan Horton is off to a nice start, but he's a career underachiever.  Seguin is going to take his lumps as a rookie, and who knows if this is the year that Looch turns into the power forward that everyone expects.  Again...4 games have been played. 

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

the #CAPS are handling the bruins so far ... Hendricks dropped gloves with some sucker and got him out of there, EARLY ... Charra and King are jawing back and forth they will most certainly drop the gloves tonight so get your popcorn ready ...

edit... god bless america tyler sloan is the WORST ...  smh
just like in the nfl threads, you have no idea what you're talking about...
Right? It's hilarious when DoubleJs contradicts everything he says in regards to the Caps
laugh.gif

i wonder what was said to him. must have been something pretty good to get a reaction like that
laugh.gif

Don't think he needed much to react, he let his emotions get the best of him after this:

- They were losing 5-1
- Physical game throughout
- Game misconduct

Anything said should never warrant any behavior like that though.

I was watching the game B's-Caps game last and didn't realize until after that Lucic recorded the Gordie Howe 'trick. 
pimp.gif

Re: Rypien: It's not like Wild fans are ignorant. They know hockey. You have to figure they beaked him pretty good for him to reach up there and grab the one guy.

RYPIEN JOINS GROWING LIST OF NHL INCIDENTS THIS SEASON
TSN.CA STAFF
10/20/2010 10:11:27 AM

The 2010-11 NHL season can already be billed as the wildest one ever.

Since the first puck was dropped back on Oct. 7, the league has not gone more than two days without a fineable or suspendable offence and other not-so-saintly incidents.

The latest - a Tuesday night altercation involving Vancouver Canucks centre Rick Rypien and a fan in a game against the Minnesota Wild. Rypien, who was already assessed a double minor for roughing and a 10-minute misconduct and on his way down the tunnel to the dressing room, pushed a Wild fan who was applauding at the railing. Rypien was quickly pulled away by teammate Manny Malhotra and the fan was removed by arena security.

"The question is not whether Rick Rypien will be suspended, but for how long," TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie said on SportsCentre Tuesday night. "There's never any excuse for an NHL player getting involved with a fan. (Rypien) will be suspended, of that there's no doubt."

Rypien's touch-up joins a growing list of 'bad boy' occurrances that have grabbed hockey headlines in this very young season:

On opening night, Raitis Ivanans of the Calgary Flames and the Oilers' Steve MacIntyre got involved in a staged fight with 2:40 remaining in the game and the Oilers holding a commanding 4-0 lead. MacIntyre left Ivanans bloodied and the Flames forward was unable to get up without help.

Two nights later, New Jersey Devils forward Pierre-Luc Letourneau-LeBlond got an automatic one-game suspension for instigating a late-game fight with Washington's Marcus Johansson.

On Oct. 10, Stars centre Mike Ribeiro was arrested for public intoxication at a Dallas-area eatery after he and three others allegedly got into an altercation with another group of patrons. "I wish there were cameras there and you could have seen what happened," he later told reporters. "I guess a lot of people would have a different opinion about what happened."

The following afternoon, New York Islanders defenceman James Wisniewski was caught giving an obscene gesture to Rangers forward Sean Avery - a move that cost him two games.

The next night, Chicago's Niklas Hjalmarsson drilled Buffalo's Jason Pominville into the boards from behind, causing the Sabres winger to suffer a concussion. Pominville was taken off the ice on a stretcher and Hjalmarsson was assessed a five-minute major boarding penalty and game misconduct. The league later handed him a two-game suspension. "Everything happened so fast, but I thought it was a hit shoulder-to-shoulder," Hjalmarsson said. "My intention wasn't to hurt him."

On Oct. 13, Sabres forward Patrick Kaleta got into some trouble of his own after being fined for a headbutt on Devils forward Travis Zajac. Ottawa's Nick Foligno forked out $2,500 in fines the next day for a check to the head of Carolina Hurricanes right-winger Patrick Dwyer, and Edmonton's Tom Gilbert received the same punishment for clipping Flames forward Matt Stajan in the head on Saturday.

And the biggest punishment of the season so far came down earlier this week as Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan was suspended three games for a blindside hit on Anaheim Ducks winger Dan Sexton.

"Several of these items - Foligno, Gilbert, Doan - are directly as a result of the new blindside rule," explained McKenzie. "New rule, new problems. In past seasons those would not have been infractions."

^^ And let's add another late hit that Drew Doughty suffered at the hands of Erick Cole last night, way after Doughty released the puck.

I hear he might have a concussion.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm sure the league will review that.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Tim Thomas and consistent are two things that don't belong in the same sentence....Bro, they are 4 games in...which is HARDLY enough of a sample for anyone to be claiming that they're going to win the East, let alone the Stanley Cup.  Nathan Horton is off to a nice start, but he's a career underachiever.  Seguin is going to take his lumps as a rookie, and who knows if this is the year that Looch turns into the power forward that everyone expects.  Again...4 games have been played. 
i dont need to see too many games ... they improved from last year where they very well could have won the cup ... they will win it this year ...

Good game once again by the Bruins!

Thomas looked sharp even though he misplayed the puck another great effort by Thomas.
Horton/Krejci/Lucic clicking on all cylinders
Special Teams was a big plus for us.
Caron is starting to impress

My man Jack Edwards going crazy once again! 
laugh.gif

This years version of Dennis Wideman goes to: Blake Wheeler. 

I like his determination and everything but he's had some good looks on the net only to miss wide. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Solemate96

My man Jack Edwards going crazy once again! 
laugh.gif
I've started to notice this season that he has a real Soviet complex. It's like he's living in the 60's.
  • "Pay him in Rubles!"
  • "Mr. Putin isn't going to be happy about that one!"
  • And then there was one instance tonight where after a Thomas save he started yelling in Russian and it came out as pure gibberish (Or maybe it was gibberish. Who knows with Jack.).

If Caron continues to step up into the power forward role, Wheelers gonna find himself in Providence or another state very quickly.

That said, who wants to buy a jersey?
laugh.gif

On the way home right now. Damn T is sitting at Park St. Anyway, awesome game. Garden was rockin tonight. Horton Lucic Krejci line is doing WORK. No clue how Thomas is making the saves he is right now but he's on fire. Seguin has amazing vision...so good at finding the open man. And the 4th line has been 100% grit, love it. Chara's bomb was a perfect dagger. Amazing how the defense neutralized AO and company.

woo, 3 straight Ls. back down to earth
laugh.gif

but seriously, hall had his best game so far. they shuffled the lines and put him on the 3rd with cogs and brule. didnt score but he was flying and was really fun to watch

Hall down on the 3rd line not having to deal with the other teams top four defensemen will open up the ice for him a lot more now.

Still dropped him in fantasy
laugh.gif

How can you make such asinine comments 6 games into a season, the regular season at that? One injury to a key player on any team takes them from top to bottom. A healthy season is needed for teams to be successful. Also regular season hockey is completely different than playoff hockey. Completely different game. You can go 82-0 and and go 0-4 in the first round just as easily.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Hall down on the 3rd line not having to deal with the other teams top four defensemen will open up the ice for him a lot more now.

Still dropped him in fantasy
laugh.gif
dropping malkin for him as we speak
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but seriously, you worried about the devils? ive only caught a game or two

Malkin? I can't tell if you're serious
laugh.gif

I'm not worried that much but it's in the back of my head. Rather them get this out of the way early on than have this happen in April. They need to get their lines figured out. They pay Kovy so much damn money then play him on the right wing? Boggles my mind. They're deep at LW with Parise, Kovy and Elias. Elias can play all 3 well so move him to RW with Arnott at the C and Kovy at the LW and re-unite Parise, Zajac and Jamie. Best two lines they can have at the top IMO. They played well in MTL last night and hopefully they build on that. But the East is deep with talented teams, 6-12 won't be separated by more than 6 or 7 points.

At least I'm not a SJ fan, they've looked awful. But hey, those don't show up until the playoffs every year anyways
laugh.gif

Sorry for the rant, all I get to talk to is dumb *%@ Rangers fans who swear they won't miss a beat with Gabby out.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

Going to the Bruins vs. Rangers game! 
pimp.gif
nice man
pimp.gif

ill be watching from the bar tonight. tonight's game not in my pack of tickets

Back
Top Bottom