OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

thats what i didnt like about BJ.

ill still draft him now if i had a chance though
laugh.gif

I'll admit, I was one of the fans questioning the Kings when they passed over Rubio for Ty. Boy, was I wrong. Ty looks like he could become a franchisetype player the Kings can build around. By the way he plays, you can tell has the confidence he will need to become a great player.

Couldn't watch the original broadcast but decided to watch the replay and that was amazing.

The Kings keep doing things I wouldn't expect things for them to do this season. I'm loving it.

Finally went to a Kings game this season and it was pretty epic. Tough loss though to the Lakers. Not gonna lie, there were a lot of Lakers fan in attendance.Also, pretty annoying ones too, but it's cool. Nothing wrong with being emotional I guess.

It's been a day since the game so I have a lot less to say than say last night after the game. Kobe. Kings-killer for almost a decade now. Props to him.

Watching Tyreke having to dribble and dribble at the end of the game, is it safe to say that Kevin Martin would have seriously helped? I know one thing is forsure, Martin would have at least shot the ball. Haha.

Tyreke will learn from this though.

Nuggets tomorrow!

That Laker loss was heart breaking, Tyreke needs to learn when to make his move before a quater ends. Hopefully we'll play just as good tonight.

Kings beat the Nuggets without Tyreke!

Of course the Nuggets didn't have Chauncey tonight too.

If the Kings could have beaten the Cavs, Lakers, and Nuggets, that would be pretty amazing. Oh wells.

Big News!

Geoff Petrie has agreed to a contact extension to remain president of basketball operations for the Sacramento Kings. The team has called a news conference forTuesday to announce the deal.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Kings beat the Nuggets without Tyreke!

Of course the Nuggets didn't have Chauncey tonight too.

If the Kings could have beaten the Cavs, Lakers, and Nuggets, that would be pretty amazing. Oh wells.

Big News!

Geoff Petrie has agreed to a contact extension to remain president of basketball operations for the Sacramento Kings. The team has called a news conference for Tuesday to announce the deal.

Its a 3 year deal.

I give props to the Mayor Kevin Johnson for wanting to build a new stadium for the Kings. Of course, a lot of Sacramento citizens would rather theMayor concentrate on other things at these economic times... To be honest, we have been hearing about proposals for years now. I have been hoping for a minutenow. First things first, the economy needs to get better. Then the Kings need to continue to play hard in order for the fans to care and love them again inSacramento. Winning solves everything, but some financial help is required.

I gotta disagree. I think its the other way around. Building a new arena would generate revenue that the public might not be thinking about at the currentmoment. Concerts, disney on ice, wwe, boxing matches, ufc, etc. would generate so much cash for Sacramento. Its just too bad Sac is still an elderlyperson's town.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I gotta disagree. I think its the other way around. Building a new arena would generate revenue that the public might not be thinking about at the current moment. Concerts, disney on ice, wwe, boxing matches, ufc, etc. would generate so much cash for Sacramento. Its just too bad Sac is still an elderly person's town.
You need money to build the stadium first though. Arco Arena might be one of the oldest non-renovated stadiums in the league, but to say thatpeople are not going to Kings games because of the stadium is laughable. As long as the product on the court is awesome, people will come. You mentionedconcerts, Disney on Ice, WWE, boxing and UFC matches generating a lot of revenue, but is Arco Arena the sole reason why people wouldn't go to these events?

Not sure if you are really aware of the economic conditions in Sacramento, but it was hit hard by the current recession. Layoffs in private companies wereexpected, but to have local state positions being either laid off and having furlough Fridays were surprises.

Elderly person's town or not, as long as old man Jigga and Kanye still come out to Arco for concerts, I'm good.

Bad loss last night against the 76ers. The offense was not bad considering they were missing Tyreke Evans, but the main problem was the defense. Usually, thelack of an interior defender causes a lot trouble, but last night it was mostly poor perimeter defense. Louis Williams, AI, and Iggy had pretty solid gamesoverall. Brights spots were Omri and Donte being aggressive on offense and Spencer's high post passing. Thompson played well too. Beno, not so much...

Next game is against the Lakers at Staples.

Should be a fun game and hopefully Tyreke is back. Another double-OT thirller? Maybe.

Injury note, Kevin Martin is at least two weeks away from coming back.

None of this hopefully...

6ebe24e7d5d6cb83e77c1ba82790e070-getty-90042422rw027_lakers_kings.jpg

4 losses in a row now! Slump! Well, the Kings played hard and actually came back tonight against the Suns. Just didn't work out at the end with Nash beingso clutch at the FT line. Next up is at the Warriors in Oakland. Just what the Kings needed. Please include those same refs from today's Nuggets andWarriors game too. Kings need a win.

Injury update, Francisco Garcia is practicing again. He is probably a week or two away from actually playing in a game though. Nothing new from Kevin Martinreally.

Next thing you know the trade deadline will be near and K9's contract is either going to be used or forgotten. Lets hope the Kings make use of this"asset" from the Chris Webber trade.

Oh yeah, Tyreke Evans was December's Western Conference Rookie of the Month. BJ got the Eastern version.

Eh I went to the game, the Brockness Monster shirts are
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Kings played hard. Omri and Tyreke played very well. Spencer sucked it up. Thompson and Brockman D'ed up Amar'e pretty well. But our guards could notcontain Nash
smh.gif

The crowd and the excitement tonight was
eek.gif

^ehhh I'd sell you mine but they only gave 1 per pair of tickets
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom