OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

And yes, the Grizz have the money to re-sign Marc. They really don't need the money since he's a restricted FA. Next season, the Grizz will be at about $52-55M (assuming Zbo's contract is frontloaded) with Conley, OJ, Rudy, Zbo, Sam, TA, OJ, DA, Vasquez and Henry all signed. Marc will probably get about $8-10M a yr so that'll push them to $60-65M which is still less than what they have on paper this season ($70M). That will give them enough room to re-sign Shane (if they want to) or bring in a vet PG. Not to mention, OJ could still be traded.
I think Gasol will command offers as a RFA higher than $8-10 assuming there is a season next year...

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses before the game is even played, but this is a baffling stat.

When Dan Crawford doesn't ref Mavs games, the Mavs are above 59% winning their games.

But 2-16 in games he has officiated. That's 13%.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
The Blazers piss and moan about nonsense after Game 1 and the NBA sends Crawford in to make up for it...

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I agree with what Bill Plaschke said about Dan Crawford on Around the Horn.
What did he say? I haven't watched ATH in about 8 months.
The stat is nothing more than coincidence, then just talked about Dan Crawford's character, how long he's been reffing without any blemishes on his record, how many Finals games he's officiated and the stat will get in fan's heads because of all the officiating "controversies" over the years.
Games 3 and 6 of the NBA Finals in 06...
frown.gif

I agree with what Bill Plaschke said about Dan Crawford on Around the Horn.
The stat is nothing more than coincidence, then just talked about Dan Crawford's character, how long he's been reffing without any blemishes on his record, how many Finals games he's officiated and the stat will get in fan's heads because of all the officiating "controversies" over the years.

frown.gif
Dirk Nowitzki had a chance to tie the game at the free throw line with 3.4 seconds to go, but missed 1 of 2, sealing the win for Miami.

frown.gif
laugh.gif

frown.gif
Dirk Nowitzki had a chance to tie the game at the free throw line with 3.4 seconds to go, but missed 1 of 2, sealing the win for Miami.

18 FT attempts for Wade, 8 more than Dallas.

Don't make me bring out the phantom foul videos.
laugh.gif

Games 5/6 are what bother me the most. 49 FTA for Miami, compared to 25 for Dallas, and Wade alone had 25 attempts. We lost by one point.

23/37 FT disparity in game 6, where Wade had 21 FTs. We lost by 3.

frown.gif
18 FT attempts for Wade, 8 more than Dallas.

Don't make me bring out the phantom foul videos.
laugh.gif

Games 5/6 are what bother me the most. 49 FTA for Miami, compared to 25 for Dallas, and Wade alone had 25 attempts. We lost by one point.

23/37 FT disparity in game 6, where Wade had 21 FTs. We lost by 3.

The fate of the game (game 3) was still in Nowitzki's hands. Extend it an extra 5 minutes, or take the L. Dirk chose the latter.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td] 0:09
[MIA 97-95]
[/td][td] Payton Jump Shot: Made (2 PTS)[/td][/tr][tr][td] Team Timeout: Regular[/td][td]0:09[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] 0:03[/td][td] Haslem Foul: Shooting (4 PF)[/td][/tr][tr][td] Nowitzki Free Throw 1 of 2 (30 PTS)[/td][td]0:03
[DAL 96-97]
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Nowitzki Free Throw 2 of 2 missed[/td][td]0:03[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] 0:02[/td][td] Wade Rebound (Off:2 Def:11)[/td][/tr][tr][td] Nowitzki Foul: Personal (5 PF)[/td][td]0:01[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] 0:01
[MIA 98-96]
[/td][td] Wade Free Throw 1 of 2 (42 PTS)[/td][/tr][tr][td] Harris Substitution replaced by Dampier[/td][td]0:01[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] 0:01[/td][td] Wade Free Throw 2 of 2 missed[/td][/tr][tr][td] Howard Rebound (Off: Def:5)[/td][td]0:01[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Team Timeout: Regular[/td][td]0:01[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Dampier Substitution replaced by Harris[/td][td]0:01[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Nowitzki Turnover: Bad Pass (3 TO) Steal: Wade (2 ST)[/td][td]0:00[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]End of 4th Quarter[/td][/tr][/table]
I just don't see this "Dan Crawford has it out for the Mavericks" storyline that the media/fans are trying to put out there. The Mavericks lost 4 games in the Finals; Crawford officiated 2. There are 2 other officials out there every night.

Things are going to be very interesting later tonight & tomorrow if the Mavs end up losing tonight. I'm sure even if the Mavs win tonight there will be a new storyline about how Dan Crawford was reffing against Portland to try to cool things off because his hatred of the Mavs was uncovered.

I'm not going to sit here and say that he still has a vendetta against us.

But 2-16, or 60% when he's not officiating.

That's not at all the least bit sketchy?

I'm just going to call it sketchy. I'm not fully 100% blaming Danny Crawford for our losses.

We could have played better, hit our FTs, done whatever.

But when another team gets 50 FTs in a Finals game, whoever is reffing the game, is going to seem sketchy, that's all I'm saying it is.

Also, I'm not denying that the '06 Finals were officiated in favour of Miami/Wade; I'm denying Dan Crawford refs against the Mavs.

i feel dirty agreeing with this:

RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
Mark Cuban so visiible, vocal, quick to condemn refs in media w/o fear of fine that he influences them at home. Hence, 19-2 FTs in 4th q G1.

Knicks got salvatore and joey crawford reffing. We all got problems

I don't know one ref in any other sport. I wonder why

But when another team gets 50 FTs in a Finals game, whoever is reffing the game, is going to seem sketchy, that's all I'm saying it is.

Kind of like outscoring the opposition in the paint 46-18, yet losing the FT battle 19-2 in the 4th. Seems sketchy...

And Ken Mauer is one of Stern's butt buddy's, just as Danny Crawford is. Tonight's gonna be interesting.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Knicks got salvatore and joey crawford reffing. We all got problems

I don't know one ref in any other sport. I wonder why
ed hochuli?

and speaking of refs.. is **** bavetta still alive?

Back
Top Bottom