OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by CP1708

You said open guy, and who is the D gonna leave open? The worst shooters. Yet you said open guy should take the shot. Therefore.........

...therefore you need "Hooked on Phonics" little man, because that's not what I was implying
smile.gif

So this isn't about Jared Jeffries right?

The dude was wide open in the paint, and just happened to fumble the ball.

as far as last night, any 6'10 player worth a damn catches the ball, goes at the rim and dunks it or draws a foul.

Could blame Melo for knowing Jeffries would have no chance, but in a split second...I can't fault him. It was the right play.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

as far as last night, any 6'10 player worth a damn catches the ball, goes at the rim and dunks it or draws a foul.

Could blame Melo for knowing Jeffries would have no chance, but in a split second...I can't fault him. It was the right play.
Yeah, if that's what all this is about, I'm not putting the blame on Carmelo. Dude was quickly getting doubled, knew he couldn't get the shot off, from what he saw, an open guy near the basket, you make that play 10 times out of 10.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So this isn't about Jared Jeffries right?

The dude was wide open in the paint, and just happened to fumble the ball.

Yup. And I'm sure he makes that play if it were to happen again.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

If my state was bombed, rest assured I wouldn't know about it, nor care. Hell, I think the rest of country prolly call in sick that day, pretend the whole day never happened.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why did Comcast have to run internet to this guys village...

laugh.gif

New rule:

If you are a Knicks fan and you cheered for Clarence Weatherspoon in 2000, you can't give Melo props.

There's a reason why bad players should not get to take the last shot in big games. They miss.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

You said open guy, and who is the D gonna leave open? The worst shooters. Yet you said open guy should take the shot. Therefore.........

...therefore you need "Hooked on Phonics" little man, because that's not what I was implying
smile.gif

It's what you said tho little girl. Go look at it again. Just cuz I called out your stupidity don't mean you have to start backtracking. Just say you don't know what the hell you're talking about and keep it movin.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

New rule:

If you are a Knicks fan and you cheered for Clarence Weatherspoon in 2000, you can't give Melo props.

There's a reason why bad players should not get to take the last shot in big games. They miss.

What part of saying "run your plays for your best players" and "if your best players are doubled up, find your wipe open teammates" do people here not understand? It's only the formula for winning basketball, which by the way can be backed up by the numbers.Lot of dense "CPs" running around on these boards.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i agree though giving wade the ball to closeout games is definitely the smart basketball move

<Still don't get it, huh? The open player should get the shot no matter who it is.

NO MATTER WHO IT IS.......double meaning is what you're claiming now?

smile.gif

It's what you said tho little girl. Go look at it again. Just cuz I called out your stupidity don't mean you have to start backtracking. Just say you don't know what the hell you're talking about and keep it movin.

A Kobe stan calls me a backtracker
roll.gif
When you finally graduate to reading at the middle-school level we'll talk about this again okay?

Originally Posted by DubA169

i agree though giving wade the ball to closeout games is definitely the smart basketball move

<Still don't get it, huh? The open player should get the shot no matter who it is.

NO MATTER WHO IT IS.......double meaning is what you're claiming now?

"And you're a *%+*%%*. But I ain't complaining stan. It's good you post these things so others can see your stupidity The star is open/cab create an open look for himself, he shoots it. The star is not open and is doubled, he finds the open man on the floor and he shoots it instead. You can go to any site that actually tracks these things and see that players and teams that do this help their teams win. Even MJ knew that "Hoosiers" basketball works when he hit open teammates in the playoffs for the GW. But I suppose you know more than he did right? Your BS doesn't cut it."

Gee, funny how you somehow missed quoting this post as well that put what said into context!
smile.gif

I musta missed where every team has a Steve Kerr to kick too. Sure it was just a coincidence that Jarred Jefferies was open, or that Corey Brewer gets left open, or a Kwame Brown. Yeah, have those guys take open shots.
laugh.gif

In the paint though CP?

nerd.gif

You're being awfully hard-headed.

The guy made a play to put them up-one, their defense failed them, they go to him again in the paint where he fumbles the ball, his bad, no one is denying that.

You want to mention guys like Corey Brewer or Kwame Brown, that's fine.

But in the paint, when your star is doubled, and you got a guy open...

You don't make that pass to Luke Walton?

Wait, you guys wouldn't pass to Luke Walton to save your life..

You don't make that pass to Matt Barnes?

Originally Posted by PMatic

Do I have to post the AIM url again?

Your fault for starting this topic.
laugh.gif
you brought up Bron passing late and the hero showed up to protect him with that drivel.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Do I have to post the AIM url again?

Your fault for starting this topic.
laugh.gif
you brought up Bron passing late and the hero showed up to protect him with that drivel.
laugh.gif
Fair enough.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In the paint though CP?

nerd.gif

The guy made a play to put them up-one, their defense failed them, they go to him again in the paint where he fumbles the ball, his bad, no one is denying that.

I'm not blaming JJ. Or Melo. But Celts D dictated the open man, what happened? You let D dictate one game, fine, keep letting that happen and you won't be winning much. Think it was an accident Artest was open in game 7? We got lucky he actually made it. They didn't leave Kobe, Fish or Pau open, they left Ron. Luke thinks that would work a lot for us.
laugh.gif

In the paint though CP?

nerd.gif

I'm not blaming JJ. Or Melo. But Celts D dictated the open man, what happened? You let D dictate one game, fine, keep letting that happen and you won't be winning much. Think it was an accident Artest was open in game 7? We got lucky he actually made it. They didn't leave Kobe, Fish or Pau open, they left Ron. Luke thinks that would work a lot for us.
laugh.gif
I mean I see where that makes sense, but it was a different situation. They weren't leaving Ron open in the paint, they were leaving him on the wing. And he buried shots.

You give JJ, or ANY starting player on pretty much any team, the Celtics go back having to hit another game-winner.

It was a fluke. It shouldn't have happened, but it happened, and as a result, they are down 0-2, but I still think you make that play every time.

That's just the way I see it though. I'd give Corey/Kwame the open 5 footer.
laugh.gif

I'm merely pointing out the BS about any open guy takin the shot which is simply not true. If NY had Billups and Amare out there it woulda been a lot tougher to double. JJ was open, but with a DPOY type KG rotating too him. That's tough on JJ.

Definitely. NYK normally wouldn't be put in that situation, you're right.

I have no problem supporting that, but in that situation, with JJ open in the paint, it was the right play.

"I musta missed where every team has a Steve Kerr to kick too."

Just like you missed the part where Jared Jefferies = Kwame Brown
roll.gif

Plus you mean to tell me thy rathe than pass to a wide-open player at the rim for a dunk out of a double team you would rather shoot over one?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You must SUCK at basketball in real life.

"They didn't leave Kobe, Fish or Pau open, they left Ron. Luke thinks that would work a lot for us."

Which is still a better shot than a faedaway over three defenders.You would rather have your star shoot the last shot whether he makes a good look for himself or not. That's not good strategy, and the numbers ALSO show that you're better off finding an open player than shooting over a double if the clean look for yourself isn't available. But like I said...you live in a world of make-believe.

Back
Top Bottom