OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by DubA169

i agree though giving wade the ball to closeout games is definitely the smart basketball move

<Still don't get it, huh? The open player should get the shot no matter who it is.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This dude and his Hoosiers ideals. This ain't little league basketball here squirt. Big boys take big boy shots. Corey Brewer is open for a reason, you let the defense dictate your shooter, you lose. Simple as that. Spare us your Disney hopes and dreams basketball.

i agree though giving wade the ball to closeout games is definitely the smart basketball move

<Still don't get it, huh? The open player should get the shot no matter who it is.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This dude and his Hoosiers ideals. This ain't little league basketball here squirt. Big boys take big boy shots. Corey Brewer is open for a reason, you let the defense dictate your shooter, you lose. Simple as that. Spare us your Disney hopes and dreams basketball.

And you're a *%+*%%*. But I ain't complaining stan. It's good you post these things so others can see your stupidity
roll.gif
The star is open/cab create an open look for himself, he shoots it. The star is not open and is doubled, he finds the open man on the floor and he shoots it instead. You can go to any site that actually tracks these things and see that players and teams that do this help their teams win. Even MJ knew that "Hoosiers" basketball works when he hit open teammates in the playoffs for the GW. But I suppose you know more than he did right?Your BS doesn't cut it.

yeah it works great when a scrub like jefferies has the last shot

Which accomplishes the same thing as Melo jacking a shot over tight defense in game 1 from Jimmer range and laying a brick
smile.gif

To be fair, any guy could fumble passes or the basketball late in games.

Tons of times, guys make the pass in the post for an easy play, but it goes unrecognized.

Two weeks ago, Kobe fumbled the ball out of his hands to lose a game.

Jared Jeffries does the same thing last night.

Jared had made the shot to put them ahead, they saw he was open, he didn't make the play, game over. You gotta live with it. I'd rather have that happen then have Carmelo take another terrible shot at the end of the game like he did in G1.

That's just me though. If Dirk is hounded by two defenders and leaves Kidd open or Tyson open in the paint, I want to see him pass out of that, no matter the situation.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

To be fair, any guy could fumble passes or the basketball late in games.

Tons of times, guys make the pass in the post for an easy play, but it goes unrecognized.

Two weeks ago, Kobe fumbled the ball out of his hands to lose a game.

Jared Jeffries does the same thing last night.

Jared had made the shot to put them ahead, they saw he was open, he didn't make the play, game over. You gotta live with it. I'd rather have that happen then have Carmelo take another terrible shot at the end of the game like he did in G1.

That's just me though. If Dirk is hounded by two defenders and leaves Kidd open or Tyson open in the paint, I want to see him pass out of that, no matter the situation.

And the data backs you up here. Go to any site that looks at GW shots and see. You are absolutely right.For children like CP though, he lives in the fantasy world where his imagination > actual proof about what happens in basketball.

Great Perkins article

I disliked him the championship season because I obviously hated the Celtics success.. But I got over that when I realized I'm a huge fan of the kind of player Perk is. And now that he's on the Thunder I can officially be a fan.

Steve Kerr is also an elite shooter dumb @#$%, you said ANYBODY should take the shot which is stupid ******ed logic. Which is all you know about the NBA.

^
laugh.gif
@ officially being a fan. I don't mean to laugh at you, it's just kind of funny. I don't care what team someone is on, if he's damn good, I'll like him for it.
pimp.gif

I see where you comin' from though.

I really had a hard time hating that run of theirs. Ray Ray getting a ring was golden.
pimp.gif

Steve Kerr is also an elite shooter dumb @#$%, you said ANYBODY should take the shot which is stupid ******ed logic. Which is all you know about the NBA.
Come on now dude.

Correct me if I'm wrong, this ALL has to do with Jared Jeffries getting the ball right?

You had a guy who just put you up on the last possession wide open in the paint. I don't care if Steve Kerr was a great shooter, it's comparable. You got a wing player in the paint that at the time of the pass, was wide open. KG quickly recovered in time, and that was the game since he fumbled it.

If you had Matt Barnes in the paint in that situation and Kobe was doubled on the perimeter, you're down 1, you wouldn't want Kobe passing it to Matt Barnes?

Or are you just butthurt by his wording? Anybody should take the shot if their open?

Marcus Camby made a clutch three yesterday. Tim Duncan has made quite a few clutch perimeter shots because it ended up in his hands. I just don't see where you trying to get at...
ohwell.gif

Reading comprehension for the win!

You said open guy, and who is the D gonna leave open? The worst shooters. Yet you said open guy should take the shot. Therefore.........

Back
Top Bottom