OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Pops/Timmay/Parker/Manu and 1st seed Spurs really wouldn't let the era end on their home floor against the 8th seed Memphis freakin Grizzlies without their best player right?

That would be depressing

but
laugh.gif
x100000000

Means they would have been absolutely embarrassed their last three years in the playoffs

Kinda rooting for Memphis just for message board entertainment

Even though I had the series going 6 with the Spurs winning Game 5, I don't know why everyone is entitled to just "give" the Spurs Game 5. 
I can definitely see San Antonio going out easy just like when the Lakers bounced them in 5 games in 08, the lowerseeded Mavs punched them out in 5 games in 09 and then the Suns swept them last year. If Memphis is poised like I've been reading about, I think they can win this game.

But, you already know how I'm going to react if we do win tomorrow. 
laugh.gif

5/2 eh?

That's kind of crappy, I have a midterm to study for next Wednesday, but I'll be able to squeeze the game in.

Today was my last day of classes.
Only 2 Finals on Cinco De Mayo (Thursday) and graduating on 5/7 (Saturday) 
pimp.gif
 . Its been a long time coming. I'm hoping if Memphis makes it to the next round that I can get tickets for Game 3 or 4. If the series starts Sunday, I'm thinking games will be every other day. So, Game 3 would be Thursday and Game 4 would be on my graduation day. Guess that won't be happening 
laugh.gif
 . Maybe Game 6 
nerd.gif

Yea. I'm getting my B.B.A. Bachelor's in Business Admin. with a minor in Finance. Planning on taking a year off to work some more, prep for the GMAT and then go after my MBA in Fall 12' (if everything falls in place). 

Congrats bhz 
pimp.gif
Kind of the exact route I'm going right now, except a major in Finance. And I wont be graduating for 2 years (hopefully)

so far every game 5 has been won by the home team. so its safe to say all 3 game 5's will be won by the home team...

$$%%$** Jonah Keri.
30t6p3b.gif
D12 on the CELTICS?!

Am not trying to hear this...Lego Kupchak.
I feel like the Lakers are Osama to me. I need them to take D12, keep the Heat from winning a chip and not have it bite my team back in the future.

And uh...Nobe
eek.gif

HOLYCRAPKOBE.gif

I'm never going to listen to Colin Cowherd ever again...he said this morning Phil Jackson will return to the Lakers in 2012 and the Lakers will sign Dwight and one of CP3/D-Will/Westbrook to go along with Kobe and Pau.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

I'm never going to listen to Colin Cowherd ever again...he said this morning Phil Jackson will return to the Lakers in 2012 and the Lakers will sign Dwight and one of CP3/D-Will/Westbrook to go along with Kobe and Pau.
roll.gif
Been sayin......

laugh.gif

Obviously the PG part of the equation is a long shot, but the Dwight trade will happen.  I hope that's what he meant, not sign Dwight.  Trade for Dwight.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by PMatic

roll.gif
Been sayin......

laugh.gif

Obviously the PG part of the equation is a long shot, but the Dwight trade will happen.  I hope that's what he meant, not sign Dwight.  Trade for Dwight.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

No he said sign, thinking the Lakers had the cap space after not optioning LO and Bynum. He obviously has no comprehension of the salary cap. 

Your favorite reporter, Ric Bucher was on as well. He said Phil could return, either New York or Golden State (his kids live in the area).

Why would Phil leave the lakers and go to another team has a hc? I could see a front office job but HC? Nawwww..

Sign....
laugh.gif
 What a damn idiot.  Colin last night tweeted that Kobe looks scared, and is worried, and the Lakers were in trouble.  30 minutes later he was Kobe's amazing, and the Lakers look tough, etc etc etc. 
30t6p3b.gif

Buch don't know what the @#$% he's talkin about.  Sounds so stupid every time he opens his mouth.  Why Phil gon leave a title team to go rebuild somewhere?  For fun? 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
  Come on. 

I think if we lose, he's gone.  But if we win, and he's never had a 4-peat, and someone whispers that we could go after Dwight, I could see someone talkin him into coming back for another try, just to try something he has yet to do, win 4 straight.  But like I said, if we lose, then he's gone for good.  No doubt there. 

I've met Colin Cowherd before and in a few minutes of watching him interact about sports you can tell he does not have the slightest clue what he's talking about. You might as well bash your head against a brick wall for 20 minutes, lose the same amount of brain cells.

Enough about this Dwight to LA nonsense

The Magic would let him walk before that happens.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Ehh, if they got Bynum, Odom + draft picks in return I'm not so sure
ohwell.gif

I want to see Dwight and join forces with CP3/D.Will.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

ohwell.gif

You think they'd want that or would they prefer Noah, Deng + picks?

nerd.gif

If they get bounced by Atlanta, I'll be 60/40 he's traded over the summer.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

ohwell.gif

Are you out of your mind? Do you really think the Lakers would trade TWO of their big men (which is what makes them such a good team) AND draft picks for what basically is a slightly better Bynum? Ok, more than just slightly, but you know what I mean. Bynum is only 23 and Kobe will be gone soon. The Lakers are NOT going to let him go. 
The Lakers are already the best team in the league. What the hell would they do that for? That would be one of the stupidest trades in NBA history.

Back
Top Bottom